Bill Belechick (Belestrator) breaking down the Bills before the wild card game - he is really good

CorkScrewHill

4 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Yeah.  My son just told me about the Saban video.   There's another good one out there with a woman sitting in a restaurant, I think, with him when he opens up some.   It was after the Super Bowl comeback against Atlanta, about two months later.   She asked when they have to do to repeat.   He said something like "we aren't thinking about repeating.  Everyone at work today is thinking only about what they have to do today, and tomorrow they'll be thinking about tomorrow."

But I believe it's true that part of the reason they were so disenchanted with him in Cleveland was that he was horrible with the press.  Worse than he is now.  

I just finished watching The Belichick Legacy, it was mainly Bill taking about his father.  

7 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

He obviously is not going to say anything negative, but it is really amazing to hear him break down some of our plays. If he ever decides to give up the hoodie and work in a television booth he will be must watch TV.

“Yeah this guys a problem.”

3 hours ago, BigDingus said:

I'm not going to lie, the Patriots do scare me. Doesn't matter how many advantages we have on paper, where our team ranks in certain categories, them starting a rookie QB, us being at home, whatever... Belichick is one scary mother f'er to me

It's a playoff game. One loss and you're finished. EVERYBODY is scared. Belichik and his team included. That fear must be channeled into useful energy by Josh and the Bills but of course they'll feel it. 

9 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

He obviously is not going to say anything negative, but it is really amazing to hear him break down some of our plays. If he ever decides to give up the hoodie and work in a television booth he will be must watch TV.

Does everyone see what Gilliam does on that Singletary run?

He clearly is coming to trap, there is no clear trap man, so he leads up thru the hole (A Gap) and makes a ridiculous block. 

RB/TE coaches had to love that.

BB not pointing that out is odd.  

Edited by Big Blitz

20 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lol he didn’t get run out of Cleveland, I do believe they were Baltimore when he got fired.. people forget the moron owner announced they were moving before the season.. which torpedoed the season.. the year before they went to the division round of the playoffs.. pretty sure the Owner did it so he could easily move..  (IMO the owner made it so the roster was worse..)

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/its-nothing-personal-bill-belichicks-handling-bernie-kosar-telling

"Before the game, after studying the film, Kosar pointed out that the Broncos could probably be kept off balance by throwing the ball on second and third downs. Belichick did not agree with that strategy, but in the second half, Kosar ignored him and threw those passes anyway. The Browns, who trailed 16-0, scored twice and missed a field goal in five possessions with Kosar calling the plays. He was sacked six times. They eventually lost, 29-14. And less than 24 hours later, Kosar lost his job."

This was 1993.  It was pretty classless, as a Bills fan who still lives in Cleveland.  Definitely a tough situation with Kosar though.  But I can tell you that the fans definitely wanted to run him out of Cleveland on the spot.

Belli was fired after that final 1995 season as they left for Baltimore.  I can't speak for Modell, but I just think Belli was so abrasive and reviled by the entire press and fans in CLE that Modell didn't want to take the same chance of it happening in Baltimore.  Plus, he was still very unproven as a head coach.

49 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/its-nothing-personal-bill-belichicks-handling-bernie-kosar-telling

"Before the game, after studying the film, Kosar pointed out that the Broncos could probably be kept off balance by throwing the ball on second and third downs. Belichick did not agree with that strategy, but in the second half, Kosar ignored him and threw those passes anyway. The Browns, who trailed 16-0, scored twice and missed a field goal in five possessions with Kosar calling the plays. He was sacked six times. They eventually lost, 29-14. And less than 24 hours later, Kosar lost his job."

This was 1993.  It was pretty classless, as a Bills fan who still lives in Cleveland.  Definitely a tough situation with Kosar though.  But I can tell you that the fans definitely wanted to run him out of Cleveland on the spot.

Belli was fired after that final 1995 season as they left for Baltimore.  I can't speak for Modell, but I just think Belli was so abrasive and reviled by the entire press and fans in CLE that Modell didn't want to take the same chance of it happening in Baltimore.  Plus, he was still very unproven as a head coach.

He wasn’t ready yet, also he learned from that. He has had amazing O coordinators in NE and he lets them make the game plan for the O which he approves. Hell Brady and BB use to sit and watch film together.

22 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

The guy is not doing TV. I could see him writing a few books though, post retirement. He might already have a book out, I forget.

Wait a minute.  Are you suggesting BB is low on charisma?  Doesn't light up a room when he enters?

😲

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

He wasn’t ready yet, also he learned from that. He has had amazing O coordinators in NE and he lets them make the game plan for the O which he approves. Hell Brady and BB use to sit and watch film together.

Sure, definitely agree.  I was addressing your original reply where you seemed to imply Beli wasn't run out of Cleveland, and while he stayed on until the team left, everyone here wanted him gone well before.  I didn't realize Bernie and him had a poor relationship as the reason Kosar got cut.  Makes sense as I felt Kosar was still a serviceable backup at the time.  Certainly better than Philcox

17 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Does everyone see what Gilliam does on that Singletary run?

He clearly is coming to trap, there is no clear trap man, so he leads up thru the hole (A Gap) and makes a ridiculous block. 

RB/TE coaches had to love that.

BB not pointing that out is odd.  

He basically blocked the entire backside pursuit.

2 hours ago, GaryPinC said:

Sure, definitely agree.  I was addressing your original reply where you seemed to imply Beli wasn't run out of Cleveland, and while he stayed on until the team left, everyone here wanted him gone well before.  I didn't realize Bernie and him had a poor relationship as the reason Kosar got cut.  Makes sense as I felt Kosar was still a serviceable backup at the time.  Certainly better than Philcox

No I meant was I thought he was fired because the Owner wanted a complete fresh start.. not because he was horrible.

Also Kosar was only a backup quality QB at that time.. IMO BB didn’t trust him.. 

if nothing else BB should show owners you can go from Meh.. to great.. so going from pretty bad to good should be doable to.. lol

On 1/13/2022 at 2:25 PM, PatsFanNH said:

Lol he didn’t get run out of Cleveland, I do believe they were Baltimore when he got fired.. people forget the moron owner announced they were moving before the season.. which torpedoed the season.. the year before they went to the division round of the playoffs.. pretty sure the Owner did it so he could easily move..  (IMO the owner made it so the roster was worse..)

Belicheat benched Cleveland's favorite son, Bernie Cosar.  He was his usual grating, self in his pressers.  The people of Cleveland hated Belicheat when he was their HC regardless of where he was standing when he was fired

Edited by mabden

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.