Field goals and potential for more 4th down calls on Saturday night

Toyo321

I really believe that it is going to a bad night to kick field goals if it's going to be almost 0🌡️ out, with possible 10mph winds.

I think this will be a major factor into calls on 4th down and the field position too, especially when a long field goal might be very tough to come by in this game.

I really think we will see more going for it on 4th down if the field goal distance 50yds or more.

Anyway to keep Haack off the field, the better!!

Personally hope that we put up 7 on every drive but that is only wishful thinking.

• Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

I really believe that it is going to a bad night to kick field goals if it's going to be almost 0🌡️ out, with possible 10mph winds.

I think this will be a major factor into calls on 4th down and the field position too, especially when a long field goal might be very tough to come by in this game.

I really think we will see more going for it on 4th down if the field goal distance 50yds or more.

Personally hope that we put up 7 on every drive but that is only wishful thinking.

If we get to the 35 say and it’s 4th and 10 in a close game we could bring out Haack.  He can shank a 20 yarder and pin them deep!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 14
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

The ball is like a rock when it is really cold.  More difficult to throw, catch, hold onto, snap and kick.

Punt, run with, spike, spindle, multilate, staple, lateral, shovel, sneak, intercept, recover too!

1 hour ago, Toyo321 said:

Low temperatures = low humidity = less resistance on the ball while in the air.  10mph winds for the Bass-o-matic is not that much.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Toyo321 said:

Lol that is the best time to kick field goals...

I'm no physicist, but the football should theoretically lose air in such cold weather which would make it easier to catch. The issue is when it's that cold, the air is so dry and that makes the ball more slippery. Josh needs to keep his hands lubed up

Edited by Steptide
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, FilthyBeast said:

I just get the feeling that at some point in the postseason Bass is going to be called upon to deliver on a critical FG to either win or tie a game late.

So for all the hype of him being a great young kicker in this league it may come full circle as soon as this weekend.

so is the assumption here that's he'll suddenly ***** the bed?

2 minutes ago, teef said:

so is the assumption here that's he'll suddenly ***** the bed?

No of course not, but I would hate to see him miss a critical FG this early in his career that prevents this team from advancing in the playoffs.

Hopefully that scenario doesn't happen though.

Just now, FilthyBeast said:

No of course not, but I would hate to see him miss a critical FG this early in his career that prevents this team from advancing in the playoffs.

Hopefully that scenario doesn't happen though.

why is it that you're the only one who even considers that scenario?  why is it that every one of your posts have a doomsday scenario to them?  agian, have fun with it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, teef said:

why is it that you're the only one who even considers that scenario?  why is it that every one of your posts have a doomsday scenario to them?  agian, have fun with it.

How abysmal is that fella's life that trolling fans on a message board is somehow a gratifying endeavor? 

4 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

If it’s too windy to kick the FG from the 40, based on Haacks performance last week, this might be perfect.  We could probably pin them deep at like their own…21 yards line if he really gets ahold of it. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.