Marv Levy Leading the charge Saturday Night ?

Returntoglory

I would love to see Marv Levy "Lead the Charge" Saturday night.

One last hurrah for the greatest coach this organization has ever had. Marv's in his 90's now (WOW) and it would be a fitting thank you to a man that has meant so much to the rich history of this team. Those of us from that era know the amazing 4 SB run we went on, even with the losses, we had a euphoria that may never be matched by a fan base.

“Where else would you rather be…than right here, right now”

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

I honestly barely remember those super bowls. What I remember was all the winning. Week in, week out, for years and years, we just won and won and won and then won some more.  There were times I thought, "no way we win this one" and then we'd win.  We would have injuries, bad calls, turnovers and crazy weather all going against us and we would win anyway. A decade of excitement, hope, adventure, grief, joy and winning. Lots and lots of winning. We were crazy lucky and crazy good. And that is what I remember.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Whoa...game starts WAYYYYY past Marv's bedtime. Early bird special, and episode of Murder, She Wrote and in bed by 6pm. That's how he stays young.

Lmao!! I used to watch Murder She Wrote growing up because it was my Mom's favorite show...Jessica Fletcher...

I used to drive her crazy pointing out all the hard to believe things that happened in it and she had no answers for how they were realistic hahahahaha

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Is it too early to suggest that OP may have a grudge against Marv? This is basically just a roundabout way of killing him.

Time for a new thread:  "If Leading the Charge Would Imminently Result in Instant Death, Who Are Your Top 10 You'd Want to Lead the Charge on Saturday?"

Please don't disappoint me.

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

37 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Lmao!! I used to watch Murder She Wrote growing up because it was my Mom's favorite show...Jessica Fletcher...

I used to drive her crazy pointing out all the hard to believe things that happened in it and she had no answers for how they were realistic hahahahaha

Oh, my God!  Who wants that woman as a neighbor?  She shows up and someone's dead.  Week in, week out in the same small town.  F that.  Keep away from MY family reunion.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Evian said:

A 90 year old guy leading the charge in 5 degree weather? 

Are you trying to kill him?

I vote for Darryl Talley. 

Remember Bud Grant doing it for a Vikings outdoor playoff game in short sleeves?  Awesome,  but Seattle won, thanks to a Blair Walsh missed FG. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.