1/9/22 Gameday AFCE Champs vs Jets Postgame Thread.

Chandler#81

55 minutes ago, 727Bills said:

This team has instilled zero condicldence in me in the last few weeks that they have the mental fortitude to take on the teams in the playoffs. 

Really ?   We just won 27-10.  In cold weather and high winds we gained 424 yards.  The Jets gained 53.  

Do you think we are going to score 40+ points every week??? 

• Thank you (+1) 2

30 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Always been like that in the winter months. The stadium being basically underground allow the wind to blow through.

I don’t remember it being this way for so many games. You might get some really cold games some snow games, but not this many high wind games. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Allen sucked for just about all of the day.  Two weeks in a row he’s struggled passing the ball…. And two weeks in a row close games against bad opponents. Can’t have these kind of performances in the playoffs against the better teams of the league or they’ll be bounced WC weekend. 

I see it differently.  I think for 2 weeks in a row he took chances because he felt he could. And when needed.. he pulled it back in and easily won the game.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Dominating in clock, yards,  blocked punt and up by 3 in the 4th quarter, and after seeing them lose every one score game this year, yeah, white knuckle.

As I mentioned way back on page 2 of this thread, today's game in terms of yards gained vs. yards allowed was the second best game in BUFFALO BILLS HISTORY.

We out-gained the Jets 424-53!  

The fact that the game was 13-10 in the FOURTH QUARTER tells you more than a few things didn't go according to plan.

1 minute ago, Bob in STL said:

Really ?   We just won 27-10.  In cold weather and high winds we gained 424 yards.  The Jets gained 53.  

Do you think we are going to score 40+ points every week??? 

It didn’t seem like the announcers were making as big a deal of the wind as the NE game. But late in the game they showed a Bills flag that was straight across and whipping constantly. I wasn’t at the game but it looked pretty nasty.

I think people got frustrated with some play calling. Like running up the gut on 2nd and 15 which isn’t our strong point. But everyone’s expectations have been raised pretty high these days, probably a little too high. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

With the wind at their back Buffalo scored on 4 of their 6 possessions and the 2 they didn't score on were the end of the game and the one where they missed the 4th down after the quarter change. On the flip side, the Jets scored twice on 9 possessions with the wind.

Where the personnel needs to be upgraded is they need guards who can run block so they can run in the RZ and in these wind games. As it stands, they'll have to involve Allen in the run game more but they weren't doing that today. Into the wind, defenses are going to press and hope that they don't get beat over the top since QBs can't really put air under the ball. Things got out of synch a little because Josh will go for those but the receivers won't always run them.

4 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Please go away.

The worst part is you could literally see in his eyes he wasnt ready.  Cant recall seeing that in a game before.

My wife said He looks scared.

He’s sad and insecure that for the 10000000 straight time , his jets let him down 

51 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Can someone explain to me Zach Wilson? I actually thought coming into this game that he was a lot better and much more elusive too. That was probably the worst performance by a QB against us this year. 

Poor man’s drew lock

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.