Burrow NOT playing Sunday - per Burrow

Big Blitz

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I've been supporting a New England round 1 matchup, but if we could land Raiders, I'd take that in a heart beat.

It will be a fun final week, keeping an eye on all the out-of-town scores!

And we won't be so distracted in the 1pm slot, as we don't play until later.

I just think the Bengals have done a cost benefit analysis, and concluded a rested Burrow with a solid knee heading into the playoffs is worth more than a shot at a higher seed.

It probably is! 

Agreed, but they should be careful what they wish for. Patriots strength is their dbs and front getting pressure. This could neutralize Joe's vertical attack. Also NE will run against Cincinnati at will. 

3 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

My opinion: If you have to hem and haw about what teams we face where and when...we aren't as good as we think.

Set em up and knock em down. Not a team in the playoffs to fear. 

Some truth to this but there is also the match up thing. We may be able to beat every team in the playoffs except IND due to the bad match up. So say we avoid IND in round 1 and they lose to CIN. We then beat NE, TEN and KC/CIN to go to the super bowl. But if we play IND round 1 we are one and out. That is not unrealistic. 

26 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Who said anything about wanting to play in a dome?

The weather in Buffalo has almost one constant thing and it's the biggest thing and it's not like it almost anywhere else - WIND

Of ALL the playoffs teams that impacts us negatively the most.  

Josh plays in the bad weather and has for years 

weather in Buffalo is not much different than KC or Denver or GB. Well the latter is pretty f’n cold. 

That’s why I spoke to a Dome. 

Edited by SlimShady'sSpaceForce

2 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Some truth to this but there is also the match up thing. We may be able to beat every team in the playoffs except IND due to the bad match up. So say we avoid IND in round 1 and they lose to CIN. We then beat NE, TEN and KC/CIN to go to the super bowl. But if we play IND round 1 we are one and out. That is not unrealistic. 

That Indy team just lost to the Raiders.

Why can't we beat them again?  Are we expecting more 20 mph winds and rain?  

That's advantage them sure.  But I'm fine getting them again more then I am NE.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

That Indy team just lost to the Raiders.

Why can't we beat them again?  Are we expecting more 20 mph winds and rain?  

That's advantage them sure.  But I'm fine getting them again more then I am NE.  

I'm not worried about any team... But if I got to pick give me the Raiders. 

For those who are talking about a dome, I would agree that a dome would be beneficial to THIS YEAR'S TEAM.  But a new stadium (dome or not) will take several years to build.  By that time, it is very possible that the Bills will have overhauled their OL, acquired a top-tier RB, and become a dominant running team.  Sanders, Beasley and even Diggs may be well past their primes by then, Daboll could be long gone, and our passing offense may look completely different.  Moving into a dome could actually result in the Bills to GIVING UP the advantage they have playing outdoors in Buffalo in the later parts of the season and playoffs.  Also, after it is built, that stadium will be around for several decades, so it will be around long after Josh Allen is retired, so who knows what type of team the Bills will have down the road.

There are other benefits to a dome - use as a convention center, a more comfortable environment for the fans, etc., and I'm OK with those arguments, but enough about how a dome will be an advantage on the field.

Edited by msw2112
  • Agree 1

All of this is good news for the Bills - you always want the higher seed and the chance to have more home games in later rounds

And it's also true that you shouldn't care who you play in the first round - we need to be the bullies and have the mindset that teams have to come to our house and truly beat us

I also don't discount that the Browns will come in fired up to beat the Bengals and it's good that the Bengals are already mailing it in.  Don't discount the locker room discord that Faker Mayfield has sown and that his teammates will want to put up a good show and be more inspired now that he's gone

24 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Dont under-estimate the Cinci-Cleveland rivalry for Ohio.

Yes, big deal...for the fans. You really think that for the most part players care about "rivalry games"? After the game there will be jersey swaps, photos take, players catching up with opponents. This isn't college anymore. 

Never would have seen Thurman and Bryan Cox swapping jerseys. Times change.

18 minutes ago, ngbills said:

No, I agree...a matchup thing. Some may be better than others, for sure. But if you are a team that will rely on matchups to win in the post season....you don't deserve the Super Bowl...JMO

One other thing about the weather....

I definitely would feel better getting Burrow HERE in Buffalo then in Cincinnati (I know they could have a challenge there to), but if it's a 20 mph wind day in Buffalo and we play Cincy in an AFCG - with how bad the Bengals line is, I'll take it.  

Burrow to my knowledge and research at QBs in weather the last few days, hasn't played in any games below 40 degrees.   

Home field against Cincy is definitely an advantage....and I'd actually root for garbage weather that day.  

Edited by Big Blitz

15 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

One other thing about the weather....

I definitely would feel better getting Burrow HERE in Buffalo then in Cincinnati (I know they could have a challenge there to), but if it's a 20 mph wind day in Buffalo and we play Cincy in an AFCG - with how bad the Bengals line is, I'll take it.  

Burrow to my knowledge and research at QBs in weather the last few days, hasn't played in any games below 40 degrees.   

Home field against Cincy is definitely an advantage....and I'd actually root for garbage weather that day.  

Burrow is from Ohio and spent two years at OSU so I would be shocked if he has no cold weather experience.

13 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

This is the worst possible news for the Bills.

They will go 1 and Done if they get the #3 seed and go up against the #6 seed Colts. Bills are not beating the Colts this year.

You do realize that it's a 50/50 shot the Colts end up with the #6 seed even with a win Sunday.

If the Chargers win they are #6, if the Raiders win they are #7.

1 minute ago, FFadpecr said:

Yeah, the Chargers will beat the Raiders. Derek Carr in a must-win game? Yeah, no chance of the Raiders winning that game. Colts will be the #6 seed.

Bills are going 1 and Done this year. They are not beating the Colts. They were lucky to squeak by the Colts last year in the playoffs, then got steamrolled this year. The Colts are the worst matchup in the AFC for the Bills. I would rather face the Chiefs in Round 1 than the Colts.

LOL the Raiders just beat your "unbeatable" Colts last week, but please continue with your doomsday scenario.

37 minutes ago, billsherd said:

Mayfield is probably not playing not that it matters. I'm sure Bengals can still pull off a win.

He's looked terrible in that sling so its probably an upgrade tbh.

9 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

Yeah, the Chargers will beat the Raiders. Derek Carr in a must-win game? Yeah, no chance of the Raiders winning that game. Colts will be the #6 seed.

Bills are going 1 and Done this year. They are not beating the Colts. They were lucky to squeak by the Colts last year in the playoffs, then got steamrolled this year. The Colts are the worst matchup in the AFC for the Bills. I would rather face the Chiefs in Round 1 than the Colts.

Chargers can absolutely lose to vegas.  And Buffalo can beat the colts.  

5 minutes ago, FFadpecr said:

The NFL is a Matchup league. You clearly do not understand this concept. The transitive property does not work in the NFL.

Colts are the worst possible matchup for the BILLS in particular.

How the Colts fared against the Raiders, is irrelevant to the BILLS.

Bills gave that game away with turnovers. We moved the ball that first quarter but allen throwing the pick and mckenzie fumbling deep and were down 24-7.  Score with them early and we make a game out of that.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.