Of these three teams, which one do you hope to play on WC weekend?

BillsFan619

Of these three teams, which one do you hope to play on WC weekend?  

231 members have voted

1. 1. Of these three teams, which one do you hope to play on WC weekend?

• Colts
    • Patriots
    • Raiders

Raiders, won't beat LA so their probably not coming. The Patriots are dangerous even though we beat them in Foxboro. They will be better with Stephenson and depending on the conditions,  we will hopefully be able to lean on a passing attack advantage. Bellicek scares me when he has 2 meetings to look at in preparation. Our best bet, is probably Indy. They won't be able to dominate us on the  ground again

We will be better offensively.

Raiders first.  I think we would destroy them.  Then the Pats.  A rookie QB in the Ralph for the playoffs?  I'll take that all day.  Colts scare me, they ran all over us and we'd have to load the box and take our chances with Wentz, and if he happens to have his head out of his butt that day....

I picked Raiders, as I'm sick of the Pats. They do have a little magic going right now so no slam dunk.

With Pats it's the Bill Bellyache factor. We out talent them at the QB slot but he's a HOF coach and it would be humiliating to lose to them.

Although I'd be ecstatic if we beat them in playoffs.

I'll take my chance with the Raiders.

10 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

Since the Chargers will be heavily favored, and likely to beat the Raiders it was silly to keep them off your list. You go with the team with the worst QB.... The Pats by far. Bills fans continue to live in fear. Take your daemons head on.   

The current likelihood of playing each team is Pats (34%}, Raiders (27%}, Colts (27%} and then the Chargers (7%}.

Even though there’s a possibility to play them, the likelihood is low, that’s why I didn’t include them.

Raiders is the easy choice although I would still be concerned facing them because they are much better on the road and playing with heavy hearts given all the in season turmoil they've dealt with and now have Madden's legacy to play for.

As for the other two, we already know how tough it's going to be facing the Patriots again for a 3rd time and Belichik in the playoffs. They are also 6-1 on the road this year (possibly 7-1 if they win in Miami).

Colts are still the worst possible matchup IMO and while I don't think a rematch will be anything like the first meeting in terms of how lopsided the margin of victory, it's important to remember that we only beat them last year in the playoffs because of Allen having one of the best games of his career and certainly his best playoff performance and still could have lost in the final minutes if not for a fortunate call that went our way.

4 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Raiders is the easy choice although I would still be concerned facing them because they are much better on the road and playing with heavy hearts given all the in season turmoil they've dealt with and now have Madden's legacy to play for.

As for the other two, we already know how tough it's going to be facing the Patriots again for a 3rd time and Belichik in the playoffs. They are also 6-1 on the road this year (possibly 7-1 if they win in Miami).

Colts are still the worst possible matchup IMO and while I don't think a rematch will be anything like the first meeting in terms of how lopsided the margin of victory, it's important to remember that we only beat them last year in the playoffs because of Allen having one of the best games of his career and certainly his best playoff performance and still could have lost in the final minutes if not for a fortunate call that went our way.

this is all just so..... you.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ProcessYaDigg said:

Realistically, i think it boils down between Colts and Patriots.  We will end up with either the 3 or 4 seed, meaning we'll play the 5 or 6 seed.  KC will end up with the 2 seed and they'll be playing the 7 seed, Raiders/Chargers.  Between Colts or Patriots, i would definitely choose the Patriots.  I think we have their number and it's not even close.  If we end up playing the Colt, i'm not too worried about it.  We're a much different and improved team from the last time we played them.

You should be worried about whomever we play in the playoffs.  The AFC is wide open.  Everyone who gets in the playoffs can win.  No one team is that dominant.  Including the Bills.  When Josh Allen is playing at his best, we are the best team in the AFC.  But like you saw on Sunday against Atlanta, he can miss throws also.  But he will also make up for some poor passing w his legs.  And not many QB's can do that.  Our O line has definitely stepped up the past few weeks.  And if they can continue to play solid, our offense should continue to move the ball well against everyone.  

However, our run D is still not strong enuf.  The Colts, Pats and any other team that really wants to run the bill will do so to some degree.  The key is to at least be decent in stopping the run.  We do that, and it will be difficult to beat us.  But don't think for a second we are just going to roll thru the conference to the Super Bowl.  We will have to win 3 tough games, as it should be.  This is not the Bills of the early 90's who were far better then all their competition in the AFC.  We need a good performance against the Jets.  And then get serious about the playoffs.  Because we could make it all the way to the Bowl.  Or we could be bounced in the 1st round.  Its been that kind of year.  But it should be exciting.

7 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

You should be worried about whomever we play in the playoffs.  The AFC is wide open.  Everyone who gets in the playoffs can win.  No one team is that dominant.  Including the Bills.  When Josh Allen is playing at his best, we are the best team in the AFC.  But like you saw on Sunday against Atlanta, he can miss throws also.  But he will also make up for some poor passing w his legs.  And not many QB's can do that.  Our O line has definitely stepped up the past few weeks.  And if they can continue to play solid, our offense should continue to move the ball well against everyone.  

However, our run D is still not strong enuf.  The Colts, Pats and any other team that really wants to run the bill will do so to some degree.  The key is to at least be decent in stopping the run.  We do that, and it will be difficult to beat us.  But don't think for a second we are just going to roll thru the conference to the Super Bowl.  We will have to win 3 tough games, as it should be.  This is not the Bills of the early 90's who were far better then all their competition in the AFC.  We need a good performance against the Jets.  And then get serious about the playoffs.  Because we could make it all the way to the Bowl.  Or we could be bounced in the 1st round.  Its been that kind of year.  But it should be exciting.

This is pretty much how I feel.

While the current 3 game streak is a great feeling, this team has been wildly inconsistent all year and is going to be anywhere from one and done to possibly making it all the way to the SB.

But I think winning it all is still a pipe dream given this teams inconsistency and glaring flaws that have been hidden depending on who we play, specifically on defense.

I think people are seriously underestimating the Raiders.  Their defense is really coming on strong.  They went on the road last week and held Indy to 260 total yards and won despite losing the turnover battle -2.   And lets not forget that they went into Dallas a few weeks ago and beat the Cowboys while hanging 500+ yards on them.  They are a bit of a Jekyll and Hyde team, but they have a veteran QB and a higher ceiling than the Pats.  I would much rather face a one-dimensional team like New England.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.