Of these three teams, which one do you hope to play on WC weekend?

BillsFan619

Of these three teams, which one do you hope to play on WC weekend?  

231 members have voted

1. 1. Of these three teams, which one do you hope to play on WC weekend?

• Colts
    • Patriots
    • Raiders

2 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

I think people are seriously underestimating the Raiders.  Their defense is really coming on strong.  They went on the road last week and held Indy to 260 total yards and won despite losing the turnover battle -2.   And lets not forget that they went into Dallas a few weeks ago and beat the Cowboys while hanging 500+ yards on them.  They are a bit of a Jekyll and Hyde team, but they have a veteran QB and a higher ceiling than the Pats.  I would much rather face a one-dimensional team like New England.

The cold hard reality is that there isn't going to be an 'easy' matchup for this team especially the way they play at home and not knowing which version of Allen shows up.

And yes based on how the Raiders are playing they can easily come into Buffalo and win, and win decisively, as could the Pats and Colts for the 2nd time this year based on previous results.

This is why unfortunately I still think there's a better chance of the Bills being one and done this year vs. making a run like last year. And hopefully the silver lining of the first scenario is wholesale roster changes and cleansing this roster of Panther castoffs once and for all.

• Dislike 1

27 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I think we now have 3 threads discussing which of the 3 likely playoff opponents we prefer.

🤗

You were one of the first ones to post in this thread.

Are you sure you aren’t just accidentally thinking about this thread three times over? 😜🤣

9 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Never according to some of the local Bills media talking heads (Joe B and Sal C)

Not true.  We lost to the Boston Patriots in '63 playoff after two teams tied for Eastern Division crown.  We lost and then Boston got absolutely destroyed by the San Diego Chargers for AFL title.  

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

The cold hard reality is that there isn't going to be an 'easy' matchup for this team especially the way they play at home and not knowing which version of Allen shows up.

And yes based on how the Raiders are playing they can easily come into Buffalo and win, and win decisively, as could the Pats and Colts for the 2nd time this year based on previous results.

This is why unfortunately I still think there's a better chance of the Bills being one and done this year vs. making a run like last year. And hopefully the silver lining of the first scenario is wholesale roster changes and cleansing this roster of Panther castoffs once and for all.

image.png.f286c264aa379c2bf3e376790467e642.png

• Haha (+1) 1

Just came back from the Colts board. Their fans don’t want to play the Chiefs. Every other AFC team they feel they can beat and have absolutely no fear of the Bills - not that I blame them. In fact, they’re more worried about a Patriots rematch than Buffalo.

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Raiders are probably a 10 point underdog in that hypothetical matchup… I just don’t see the pats winning decisively either they could certainly sneak out a one score victory but they had to go 5 for 5 going for it on 4th down all game long and we had to drop 2 TD passes and have our rb tackle himself on the 1 yard line for the pats to even be in the neighborhood of making that game competitive.  They were completely outmatched talent wise and we were missing a bunch of weapons.  Really felt like they pulled out all the stops in that one and still came up considerably short.  

15 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Just came back from the Colts board. Their fans don’t want to play the Chiefs. Every other AFC team they feel they can beat and have absolutely no fear of the Bills - not that I blame them. In fact, they’re more worried about a Patriots rematch than Buffalo.

Idk why a team like the colts would worry about the pats…colts are a very similarly built team that is just better than the pats at their own game.  Colts should really be worried about chiefs/bills/bengals who could jump on them early.  Obviously don’t blame them for not being afraid of us specifically as they beat us up in the regular season but I think we will be the favorite in that game regardless of where it’s played.  We’ll definitely be an underdog against the chiefs in kc and a full strength titans team but that’s pretty much it

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

3 hours ago, JayBaller10 said:

Interesting.

On one hand, I can’t blame them. They beat us pretty badly and they made it look easy.

That said, if we played again the game would most likely be different. While it was still our fault, that game got out of hand way too fast and then it compiled on itself. I believe we only had the ball twice and we’re already down 24-7. That’s not typical of our team.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

patriots ... It'll be nice to end their season.

Man, they’ve done it to us so many times. It would be nice to do it again to them.

Let Pats fan start to have a complex (albeit small at this point but it has to start somewhere) about the Bills.

Edited by BillsFan619
  • Agree 2

8 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Raiders is the easy choice although I would still be concerned facing them because they are much better on the road and playing with heavy hearts given all the in season turmoil they've dealt with and now have Madden's legacy to play for.

As for the other two, we already know how tough it's going to be facing the Patriots again for a 3rd time and Belichik in the playoffs. They are also 6-1 on the road this year (possibly 7-1 if they win in Miami).

Colts are still the worst possible matchup IMO and while I don't think a rematch will be anything like the first meeting in terms of how lopsided the margin of victory, it's important to remember that we only beat them last year in the playoffs because of Allen having one of the best games of his career and certainly his best playoff performance and still could have lost in the final minutes if not for a fortunate call that went our way.

Serious question for discussion. Is there any team in the NFL you wouldn’t be concerned about playing?

I could be wrong but it seems like you find something to be concerned about with any team the bills are playing. Then, it seems like you downplay the strengths of the bills even if it’s against weaker opponents.

Thoughts? Thanks, bro!

I guess it really doesn't matter to me. All three present challenges that could knock us out of the wild card round. Then again, even more so than last year, I feel we can beat anybody in AFC. So can we put a string of W's against top teams together or not? I know one things for sure. After all the ups and downs of this season, it's nice to be hitting some stride now. Lets not Pittsburgh Steelers this last game and forget we still have some work left. 

4 minutes ago, KzooMike said:

I guess it really doesn't matter to me. All three present challenges that could knock us out of the wild card round. Then again, even more so than last year, I feel we can beat anybody in AFC. So can we put a string of W's against top teams together or not? I know one things for sure. After all the ups and downs of this season, it's nice to be hitting some stride now. Lets not Pittsburgh Steelers this last game and forget we still have some work left. 

I agree. All they needed to do was hit their stride at the right time, and they have, since the second half of the bucs game.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.