Buffalo Playoff position scenarios

CorkScrewHill

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am rooting for Browns over cincy, and Raiders over chargers. That would result in:

1) Tenn (bye)

2) Colts (7) v KC (2)

3) raiders (6) v Bills (3)

4) patriots (5) v Bengals (4)

That's an interesting scenario, and as much as I would like to play NE, I would take a Raiders game for sure.  They might be (other than NE) the weakest team in the AFC playoffs.

Not sure Cleveland can beat Bengals right now though.  

Bengals look really good at the moment.

4 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Looking forward to seeing a home playoff game with a packed house. Its been what 27 years since the last time we had a home playoff game with sellout crowd.

That's a great point that I think I forgot about.  Limited crowd size last year against Indy and Baltimore both!

Many of these Bills will see the might and majesty of the fanbase in full-tilt playoff mode for the first time, ever.

It's going to be fantastic! 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

That's an interesting scenario, and as much as I would like to play NE, I would take a Raiders game for sure.  They might be (other than NE) the weakest team in the AFC playoffs.

Not sure Cleveland can beat Bengals right now though.  

Bengals look really good at the moment.

yeah, tough for browns to win, but not improbable. Game is in cleveland. And the browns actually smoked the bengals the first time. Plus, division games are weird. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

How's this for a scenario:

1. We beat the Pats in our first home playoff game before a full house in decades.

2. We beat Tennessee in Nashville, avenging the Music City Miracle.

3. We beat KC at Arrowhead, avenging last year's loss.

4. We win the Super Bowl, avenging all of history.

You could not write a better story.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I am rooting for Browns over cincy, and Raiders over chargers. That would result in:

1) Tenn (bye)

2) Colts (7) v KC (2)

3) raiders (6) v Bills (3)

4) patriots (5) v Bengals (4)

Absolutely the best case scenario! Even better if Colts beat Chiefs and play Tenn in round 2, while we face Cin. NE winner

Edited by mannc
  • Agree 1

If the Chargers make it in, dont sleep on them against Kansas City in the first round. They beat KC at their place once already, and if they had just taken the points instead of going for it 9 millions times they would have swept them and won the division. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

If the Chargers make it in, dont sleep on them against Kansas City in the first round. They beat KC at their place once already, and if they had just taken the points instead of going for it 9 millions times they would have swept them and won the division. 

This is an excellent point. They seem to matchup well with KC and they have the offense to match the Chiefs if the game becomes a shootout.

23 minutes ago, Blue Devil 69 said:

How's this for a scenario:

1. We beat the Pats in our first home playoff game before a full house in decades.

2. We beat Tennessee in Nashville, avenging the Music City Miracle.

3. We beat KC at Arrowhead, avenging last year's loss.

4. We win the Super Bowl, avenging all of history.

You could not write a better story.

All I could add to that is that the Super Bowl is against Tampa, so we get in some good old fashioned Tom Brady avenging as well--OR--Dallas and we avenge 2 SB losses directly to them.  

Your outline plus Tampa or Dallas in the SB would be almost incredible.

And it could all happen, too.

15 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

The Chargers are a team I would always be afraid of in the playoffs, because they have an outstanding gunslinging QB who can single handedly win games for them.

I loved Herbert at Oregon and the guy is getting better all the time.

He is a like a clone of Josh Allen; they are both super similar. 

Why play a guy like THAT if you can avoid him and get a matchup with Mac Jones, Derek Carr, or Carson Wentz!

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Wouldn’t that affect Bengals seeding though? Maybe they don’t care much. Just curious on your take. 

Yes but assuming Chiefs win Saturday they have 0 chance at 1 seed and very slim chance at 2. 

I would think they would prioritize rest over getting the 3 seed. That's why the Browns are favored by 3 points.

• Like (+1) 2

I think the Bills are a year away from winning it all because of their run defense and run challenged offense, but if they could avoid the Titans and Colts I can see them getting to the Superbowl. 

Ideally we avoid the Titans in round 2. I can see the Chargers as the #7 seed winning in #2 Kansas City. They then beat the #1 Titans and head to Buffalo for AFC Championship.  I guess they Bills beat NE and then the Bengals. That Bengals game is not going to be easy.

Edited by Evian

37 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Agreed. The chargers are probably the last team I want the Bills to play. Great QB and receiver play, and super slippery RB.

People forget we are now thin at corner. It is actually better for us to play the running teams of the league. SD (and Cincy) have too many good receivers to cover. 

Off topic but i have yet to hear anyone mention that with the Bills making the playoffs breaks the norm of one conference champion not making the playoffs the next year….apologizes if I missed it.  

Just now, CircleTheWagons99 said:

Off topic but i have yet to hear anyone mention that with the Bills making the playoffs breaks the norm of one conference championship game teams not making the playoffs the next year….apologizes if I missed it.  

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Agreed. The chargers are probably the last team I want the Bills to play. 

I disagree. I can see the #7 Chargers beating the #1 Titans and #2 Chiefs. If we beat the Pats and Colts/Bengals the Chargers come to Buffalo in January in the AFC Title game. Not likely, but possible.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.