This game was a confidence booster.

FireChans

Now you can look at the play-by-play and the box score and say, well that wasn’t a great win. 

I was sitting there watching us have 3 TO’s in the first half, giving up a safety, and being down 1 point at half and saying, “we are easily winning this game.” 

Second half comes in, Josh throws a pick. Woof. Still wasn’t worried.

And quite honestly, we shouldn’t have been. The Falcons are a bad team. They were bad today, they have been bad all year. The Bills made a ton of game changing errors and we still won, in my opinion, easily. Josh didn’t play great and we still won easily.

Obviously, this team is great when our offense is clicking. But to still thoroughly beat an NFL opponent after 4 TO’s and our offense not playing perfect is kinda awesome. Great teams overcome. This will be much harder vs playoff opponents, but for today, one team made a ton of mistakes and still won easy. And that means we’re really ***** good.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 6
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Just now, FireChans said:

Now you can look at the play-by-play and the box score and say, well that wasn’t a great win. 

I was sitting there watching us have 3 TO’s in the first half, giving up a safety, and being down 1 point at half and saying, “we are easily winning this game.” 

And quite honestly, we shouldn’t have been. The Falcons are a bad team. They were bad today, they have been bad all year. The Bills made a ton of game changing errors and we still won, in my opinion, easily. Josh didn’t play great and we still won easily.

Obviously, this team is great when our offense is clicking. But to still thoroughly beat an NFL opponent after 4 TO’s and our offense not playing perfect is kinda awesome. Great teams overcome. This will be much harder vs playoff opponents, but for today, one team made a ton of mistakes and still won easy. And that means we’re really ***** good.

I expect the degenerate gamblers weren't as happy, but for us normies, a win is a win, in a situation that has vexed us this year

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, FireChans said:

Good summary at no time was I ever worried the Bills would lose this game they just basically turned into the Wisconsin Badgers in the second half and ran the ball down the Falcons throats. 
Something for defenses to have to at least think about come the playoffs 

I didn't want to talk about it because I was celebrating the NE win all week..

But of these last 2 games this was going to be the toughest.....tough to get up for bc of the massive high last week.  Atlanta season on the line.  

There was going to be some sort of letdown and there was.  

And credit to Dean Pees who was DC at Tennessee the last few years and knows something about Allen.  

They were prepared today on D.

Daboll did a nice job adjusting in game.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 2

Falcons are not a bad team. They were playing for their playoff lives. We're lucky Kyle Pitts got hurt and we only had to worry about Lee Smith. And yet they still were a terrible decision Matt Ryan away from it being a one score game in the 4th. They ran when they needed to, found the gaps in our zone and became yet another team to play Edmunds like a fiddle. 

I see your point.. they won a game against a bottom third of the League team ...when Allen wasnt playing well and it was good to see someone else (Motor) step up for change.

I would have obviously preferred the confidence booster of smacking them .. like when they were smacking teams this time last year...

Wont make much difference either way come playoff time though.. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I didn't want to talk about it because I was celebrating the NE win all week..

But of these last 2 games this was going to be the toughest.....tough to get up for bc of the massive high last week.  Atlanta season on the line.  

There was going to be some sort of letdown and there was.  

And credit to Dean Pees who was DC at Tennessee the last few years and knows something about Allen.  

They were prepared today on D.

Daboll did a nice job adjusting in game.  

He basically didn’t let Josh throw after that third pick 

41 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Not sure how beating a really bad team in poor fashion is a "confidence builder."

If we had been on our game today, it would have been over well before halftime and we would have won by 4 touchdowns+.

We need to find that form again if we are going to do ANYTHING in the playoffs, where opposing talent is massively better than what we saw today.

A win is still a win, though, and we did take care of business.

Still waiting for us to get back into our best looking stride that we saw in the second half of the Tampa Bay game.

We saw it against New England, but then it was gone again today.

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Not sure how beating a really bad team in poor fashion is a "confidence builder."

If we had been on our game today, it would have been over well before halftime and we would have won by 4 touchdowns+.

We need to find that form again if we are going to do ANYTHING in the playoffs, where opposing talent is massively better than what we saw today.

Still waiting for us to get back into our best looking stride that we saw in the second half of the Tampa Bay game.

We easily beat them. We are classes above the Falcons. That’s good.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

Josh needs some Xanax before playing at home.  He gets way to amped up at least throwing the ball started off hot than went crazy zipping ball etc

29 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Josh plays better on the road 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.