Betty White passes way. Would have been 100 Jan. 17

Chandler#81

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

There was an article written about her two days ago asking her about her secrets to living to 100

I think they jinxed her

There are many tv tributes lined up for/about her in the coming days. At least John Madden got to see his special..

😢

31 minutes ago, Wacka said:

A lot of people hang around until holidays of their birthdays.  My mom died 3 weeks after her 95th. Even at 90 she was asking "Why am I still here?"

One of my grandmothers waited just long enough to be taken back to her home, from the healthcare facility she was at.  Within hours she was gone, when the doctors had said she probably had a month left. 

• Sad 2

awwww RIP Betty. I was fortunate enough to see her once live at the Jay Leno show before it went kaput. It was she, Matt Lauer, Carrot Top and my sons band Cults. VERY memorable and even at the time I recognized I was in the presence of a true American Icon.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, T&C said:

I never knew her work outside of golden girls... and it wasn't a show I watched other than in passing... but 99 is one hell of a run. 

She was hilarious on 'The Mary Tyler Moore Show' as Sue Ann Nivens and also on 'Hot in Cleveland' as Elka Ostrosky. She was great in so many things and was a true American treasure/icon. RIP, Betty...and thanks for the many, many, fond memories.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

There was an article written about her two days ago asking her about her secrets to living to 100

I think they jinxed her

if u live to near 100 its no jinx mate. I wont live that long I'd be shocked. RIP Betty White.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.