Flying in to take my sons to their first Bills game on Sunday

I would definitely go to the falls you can go to goat island on the us side and get a good view from there. I’d get wings and weck at bar bill, you could also consider bar bill north depending on where you’re staying and that’s also a way bigger restaurant and bar bill could be a decent wait depending on what time you go. I’d get pizza so they can try buffalo style pizza as well, bocce, la nova, Picassos all good options. I’d recommend still tailgating, pick up Paula’s donuts, they have breakfast sandwiches and other stuff too. Take it all in and the. Hit the bills store and go into the game early for warmups!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Go to Walmart or home depot when you land and buy a cheap grill and a football. Pick up some Sahlens or Zweigles dogs, or maybe some burgers or Italian sausage.  You send the kids to the grass next to the lots to play football with some other kids while you grill and drink some local IPAs, and buddy up with a nearby crew.  Good living, my friend!

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, nato7412 said:

I would definitely go to the falls you can go to goat island on the us side and get a good view from there. I’d get wings and weck at bar bill, you could also consider bar bill north depending on where you’re staying and that’s also a way bigger restaurant and bar bill could be a decent wait depending on what time you go. I’d get pizza so they can try buffalo style pizza as well, bocce, la nova, Picassos all good options. I’d recommend still tailgating, pick up Paula’s donuts, they have breakfast sandwiches and other stuff too. Take it all in and the. Hit the bills store and go into the game early for warmups!

I didn't know barbill had another location.

Anyone know anything about parking in the Mud Lot?  I believe my father used to park here when I was younger, but I can’t remember.  

My cousin is going to the game on Sunday and asked me about it.  Thoughts about lot?  Cost?  Tailgating atmosphere?  Easy to get to/get out of after game?  Will his car get stuck in the mud? 😂

I’d like to pass this info on to him so he has a good experience at his first game.  Thanks all.

When I had the opportunity to take my son, it was an experience that we'll both never forget. We saw the Falls a day before if I remember right, and then on game day there were plenty of food vendors along side the stadium. He was about 10 or 11 years old that year we went, and he still talks about it to this day. Have fun, and go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, 947 said:

Flying in from Chicago with my 15 & 13 year old sons for the game. My wife got us the tickets & hotel for Christmas. My sons are both also huge fans, and they're pumped. We've been trying to get to Buffalo the past few seasons, but their own sports always conflicted with the home schedule. I used to fly out for a game every year, but haven't been to the Ralph since 05'. My boys have been to other NFL games, but never seen "their team" in-person.

We get in Friday night, and have all of Saturday to do whatever we want. We're planning on hitting Bar Bill sometime Saturday to knock out both Wings & Beef on Weck, but need some recommendations on other stuff to see/do. We obviously can't hit Chippewa until 2am, but sports bars/restaurants are fair game.

I'll only have a rental car, so no tailgate supplies. Are there food trucks or anybody selling food outside the stadium?

How early do we need to arrive at the stadium?

My boys really want to see Pinto Ron & hopefully somebody destroy a folding table. What area of the lots would we find that?

Best place to park to get out after & make a 7:30pm flight?

Anything must see/must eat while we're in town?

Considering going to the Falls, but not sure. Is the border a hassle with Covid going on?

Even though there’s no ketchup and mustard show. Tailgating in Hammers Lot with Pinto Ron (Kenny) is something you and your kids will never forget. Get there early and bring some subs from Wegmans and they’ll be enough food and drink to go around. 

I think checking out the falls is always is good time, Bar Bill and/or Duffs should fill your Saturday and get you ready for Sunday. 

Get there EARLY and dress Warm, you’ll have an awesome time. Enjoy & Go Bills! 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I think it's a covid measure

I believe it's coming back in the future

He’s worried about covid in the ketchup and mustard?

Or about people congregating to watch?

If the former, that’s ridiculous. If the latter, perhaps someone should tell him 70k people are about to congregate in the stadium with him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

If the former, that’s ridiculous. If the latter, perhaps someone should tell him 70k people are about to congregate in the stadium with him.

He used to also do a bowling ball shot 

Which probably doesn't seem that sanitary.. So when he stopped that he probably decided to drop both 

Have to ask him

Edited by Buffalo716

5 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Hammer has spoken about this and I know he posts here as well on occasion, but paraphrasing basically Ron was intending on scaling it back to 1/2 games a year, even before Covid. So no Covid is not the main reason for its hiatus. It was just getting too played up and played out.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

Hammer has spoken about this and I know he posts here as well on occasion, but paraphrasing basically Ron was intending on scaling it back to 1/2 games a year, even before Covid. So no Covid is not the main reason for its hiatus. It was just getting too played up and played out.

Ahh. That makes more sense - at least to me.

• Like (+1) 1

mid 20's, overcast and some snow... wow, please dress for it.  been to a few super cold games at the Ralph, it's a challenge staying warm.   Hopefully, Ravens will be losing and you can anticipate a playoff spot celebration as the day progresses! 

I'll be visiting friends at the beach south of Wilmington NC.  Should be 70 on Sunday.   Nice.   Will be doing the polar bear swim in the ocean new years day tho, so will be with you in Spirit

6 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

Didn’t Ken also have surgery this year? I thought that had something to do with his ramping it down this year.  He’s a great guy; hope he’s doing well. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.