Antonio Williams released

Giuseppe Tognarelli

1 hour ago, Da webster guy said:

Well we unloaded Wyatt Teller who is the second highest ranked offensive lineman in the league and would make a massive impact on this team right now.  And Logan Thomas who would be a huge upgrade to Tommy Sweeney.  Heck I think Quinton Spain would be an upgrade at either guard position right now too.

GM's make mistakes all the time.  I'm not saying it's easy, and I see your point about fan favorites getting taken to the extreme, but sometimes the fan opinions are correct and the GM's are wrong.    

Like my call about Josh Rosen being a better pick than Josh Allen.  I just KNEW I was right, that Rosen kid just needs a little more time, and Josh Allen well, I TOLD YA  he's the next Ryan Mallet....I mean you can't teach accuracy you fools....

FWIW. I felt the same way.  😂

On 12/30/2021 at 12:26 PM, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Along with other moves:

The timing of this is curious with 2 weeks left in season and Williams being a long-term practice squad player. I wonder if something happened. If it was just to make room on the PS, I would think they would release Proehl, the punter, or one of the recent emergency OL guys.

The punter is there so we're not scrambling around and signing a guy off the street if Haack gets covid. I think he can also kick FGs so his value is high but I just don't see a path for Williams making the 53 anytime soon and especially with Motor looking like things are starting to really click.

On 12/31/2021 at 3:16 AM, Da webster guy said:

Well we unloaded Wyatt Teller who is the second highest ranked offensive lineman in the league and would make a massive impact on this team right now.  And Logan Thomas who would be a huge upgrade to Tommy Sweeney.  Heck I think Quinton Spain would be an upgrade at either guard position right now too.

GM's make mistakes all the time.  I'm not saying it's easy, and I see your point about fan favorites getting taken to the extreme, but sometimes the fan opinions are correct and the GM's are wrong.    

Like my call about Josh Rosen being a better pick than Josh Allen.  I just KNEW I was right, that Rosen kid just needs a little more time, and Josh Allen well, I TOLD YA  he's the next Ryan Mallet....I mean you can't teach accuracy you fools....

I think the Browns have the Best OL Coach in Football and Teller benefited from that. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, ganesh said:

I think the Browns have the Best OL Coach in Football and Teller benefited from that. 

Agreed.

He benefited from the change in OL coach and the Stefanski play calling as a run first team.

Teller was below average in Buffalo - got some push, but struggled in pass blocking.

He was traded to Cleveland and that 1st year under Kitchens was not good.  He was a very middling level guard that Cleveland was looking to move on from.

The difference happened with coaching and scheme change.  With the arrival of the new staff last year and the switch to a power running game with play action to slow down a pass rush - he has excelled.

I just do not see him ever achieving that in Buffalo because our scheme is so pass heavy.  Would he be better than what we have - maybe, but there is no guarantee as he was not as good as what the Bills brought in to replace him and he struggled in a similar scheme in Cleveland.  He might of developed, but he still struggles in known passing situations.  

The thing that I miss is he had a nice nasty streak and him next to Brown on the right side would be nasty to play against.

Edited by Rochesterfan

47 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Agreed.

He benefited from the change in OL coach and the Stefanski play calling as a run first team.

Teller was below average in Buffalo - got some push, but struggled in pass blocking.

He was traded to Cleveland and that 1st year under Kitchens was not good.  He was a very middling level guard that Cleveland was looking to move on from.

The difference happened with coaching and scheme change.  With the arrival of the new staff last year and the switch to a power running game with play action to slow down a pass rush - he has excelled.

I just do not see him ever achieving that in Buffalo because our scheme is so pass heavy.  Would he be better than what we have - maybe, but there is no guarantee as he was not as good as what the Bills brought in to replace him and he struggled in a similar scheme in Cleveland.  He might of developed, but he still struggles in known passing situations.  

The thing that I miss is he had a nice nasty streak and him next to Brown on the right side would be nasty to play against.

Nice post. Thoughtful. Hadn't really considered the scheme change in that way.

Just read the post above mine and we are back to two Williams ;)

My guess is they either want an O lineman or CB for depth.

We have 3 true RB's and only dress 2 every week so there is no shortage here.

Taiwan and Gilly are mostly ST players.

So now the Bills are down to one Williams ;)

Been a long time since we only had one ;)

Hang tough Daryl ;)

Edited by JMF2006
Back to two
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.