Bills have their Mojo back...

Big Turk

It started in the 2nd half of the Tampa Bay game and kept building to yesterday...

Whatever it was this team lost when they wandered around after the Titans game for 6 or 7 games during the middle of the season, they found it.

And I think what it was, was Josh Allen simply saying "F This, we are too damn good to be getting these results", and just taking over the game...

Bills starting to peak and getting their Mojo back heading into the playoffs is definitely a good thing and Allen realizing he is the baddest Mofo on the field in any game again is what this team needs to get to where they want to go.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

It started in the 2nd half of the Tampa Bay game and kept building to yesterday...

Whatever it was this team lost when they wandered around after the Titans game for 6 or 7 games during the middle of the season, they found it.

And I think what it was, was Josh Allen simply saying "F This, we are too damn good to be getting these results", and just taking over the game...

Bills starting to peak and getting their Mojo back heading into the playoffs is definitely a good thing and Allen realizing he is the baddest Mofo on the field in any game again is what this team needs to get to where they want to go.

Who am I to argue :w00t:

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I think they are now allowing Allen to play more instinctual football and do what he is best at.

Before it seems like they were trying to prevent Allen from running too often and wanted him to be a pure pocket passer even though the offensive line could not provide a clean pocket for him consistently.    Heck, during the first Patriots game, during the first half it seemed like the Bills willingly negated the best player on the field (Josh Allen) by having him hand the ball off continuously.   They did the Patriots of favor in that game.

If the Bills are going to beat playoff caliber teams, they are going to do so by allowing Allen to improvise - keep drives alive with his legs and beat defenses deep on unexpected broken play opportunities.   That is when he shines.   He goes into his own version of god-mode like he did in the second Patriots game.   Good luck beating Allen in god-mode.

I'm really curious what the thinking was offensively up until that 2nd half of the bucs game. Like did they intentionally play conservative in these games? What was the thinking not getting Gabe Davis or Diggs more involved? You could make a case for beasley too. Honestly I think they were trying way to hard to make the run game work, and wernt focusing enough on what they're good at, which is passing and Allen running 

18 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Kyle Brandt called this right after it happened.  Compared it to the second half of chiefs bucs last year where bucs went on a run after a great half against chiefs. 

Keep it rolling.  Protect Allen move the ball.  Atl wants to play zone attack underneath.  They want to go man burry them in the intermediate and long.  Offense and defense are finding their stride just need to keep the momentum going.

18 hours ago, Big Turk said:

It was a good win and an especially great day for the QB.

But they still aren't blocking well in the run game and the defense can't get to the QB and remains too vulnerable in run defense.........which allowed a pretty feeble Patriots offense to convert 5 4th downs and produce a couple epic long drives and 3 TD's against them.

They are playing with more intensity sure..........but they aren't yet totally rounded into top form.

But after watching them steamroll teams for the last two months of the regular season in 2020.......and then struggle to be close to the same offensive team in the playoffs last year..........I'm not going to get too concerned about what they aren't just yet.  

Just keep improving......get there.....and get hot.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.