30+ Touchdown Passes...Bills History

Wizard

I know the passing game was significantly different in the Jim Kelly era and before, but it is still a crazy statistic to think that tonight Allen passed the 30 touchdown mark this year and that he has two (2) of the 3 seasons when a Bills QB has passed for 30+.

• Like (+1) 1

Josh is having another top tier season. You'd think it was mediocre by the tone of the board sometimes but he's going to soar past 4k and 35 passing TD's again (so over 40+ total), especially with the extra game of course. Pretty incredible to do that in back to back seasons, and he's got the build and overall perfect QB aura to do it for another decade plus.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Nelius said:

Josh is having another top tier season. You'd think it was mediocre by the tone of the board sometimes but he's going to soar past 4k and 35 passing TD's again (so over 40+ total), especially with the extra game of course. Pretty incredible to do that in back to back seasons, and he's got the build and overall perfect QB aura to do it for another decade plus.

I found it interesting when the broadcast team called Josh ‘a more mobile Rothlisberger’ when the guy he’s more like, Cam Newton, was playing in the same game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Nelius said:

Yet the National FOX halftime crew, Bradshaw and the other band of idiots, did nothing but belittle Josh.  They treat Josh different, always have, always will.  Just the opposite of how they treat say Lamar, Kyler or Mac.  F# them.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BobbyC81 said:

I found it interesting when the broadcast team called Josh ‘a more mobile Rothlisberger’ when the guy he’s more like, Cam Newton, was playing in the same game.

Let's hope Josh has the same success in Buffalo that Ben has had in his (future) HOF career with Pittsburgh.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, stosh64 said:

Yet the National FOX halftime crew, Bradshaw and the other band of idiots, did nothing but belittle Josh.  They treat Josh different, always have, always will.  Just the opposite of how they treat say Lamar, Kyler or Mac.  F# them.

Seriously my jaw was on the floor. Josh doesn't really throw picks ND was victim of a NASTYYY play by Chinn (!!!), and they acted like we're having an awful season (we're not), and it's a Josh turnover problem (we're they on mushrooms???). Where in the h*** did that come from? Felt like they got handed a script!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Seriously my jaw was on the floor. Josh doesn't really throw picks ND was victim of a NASTYYY play by Chinn (!!!), and they acted like we're having an awful season (we're not), and it's a Josh turnover problem (we're they on mushrooms???). Where in the h*** did that come from? Felt like they got handed a script!

I was kind of surprised there was no thread about this, maybe I missed it.  Maybe it's my homerism that makes me more sensitive to it but they really do treat Josh like the red head step child of the NFL QB's.

Pisses me off:censored:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, stosh64 said:

I was helping with some

holiday stuff at halftime. But I did have it on. I thought the halftime crew was critical of the entire team, and largely crediting Joshing for constantly putting the Bills on his back. They seemed to hate that the OL and lack of running game were making it really difficult on the QB. 

30 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Let's hope Josh has the same success in Buffalo that Ben has had in his (future) HOF career with Pittsburgh.

Agree, I get the Newton comparisons, but even in Newton’s prime, he was never the passer Allen is now. I actually see a lot of Favre in Allen as a passer. He’s going to make incredible throws, but you’ll always have to live with occasional madness as well. One of the few guys who’s good enough to consistently overcome taking risks throwing the ball into tight windows. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

Part of that is that Cam's passing ability has always been a tier or two below the top QBs in the league. His MVP year was a product of stat padding near the goal line on runs and 2nd best average starting field position.  Not to mention a top TE in Greg Olsen and a great defense which carried the team for the first half of the year while Cam got his act together.

2 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

Cam could never throw the ball as well as Josh. 

Ben could.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, stosh64 said:

I was kind of surprised there was no thread about this, maybe I missed it.  Maybe it's my homerism that makes me more sensitive to it but they really do treat Josh like the red head step child of the NFL QB's.

Pisses me off:censored:

If Beane can build a decent OL which leads to a better run game, pass protection then the little "red headed step child" will bring a Lombardi or two to Buffalo.

• Agree 1

I didn't catch halftime but not surprised about Bradshaw.  He seems to have lost his fastball....its not at all clear he remembers what he said one week vs next week and what players are actually capable of.  It's like he is some casual fan watches a play or two and makes a broad judgement on that.

8 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Kelly had Thurman Thomas and Kenneth Davis to score on the ground

And the game was significantly different.  They ran the ball far more back then due to it being before the rules were changed to significantly favor the passing game.

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

They should start to explain Mac and Lamar especially these two. jones against the colts over the middle to a wide opens colts linebacker and Lamar in one game threw 4 picks in the first halve.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.