Get Ahead of Ourselves Time: We are going to be rooting for the Dolphins soon.

dollars 2 donuts

If the Bills run the table they finish 11-6 and win the division.  

North Division leader Bengals finish against the Ravens, Browns and Chiefs.  Not an easy road.  If they lose 1, but still win the division, they are 10-7.

We lose tie breakers with the Titans…but, the Titans final three are against Niners, Phins, and Texans.  

Truth is Niners and Phins are on rolls and the Phins still have a playoff pulse.  If SF beats Tennessee on Boxing Day how hard…how very hard are you going to be rooting for Miami against the Titans on January 2nd to drop them to 7 losses?

I could live with being the 2 seed again with Chiefs probably 12-5 (Steelers, Bengals, Broncos - 2 losses unlikely), Bills at 11-6 and the other 2 division leaders at 10-7.

Go Bills and…

…give me a moment to swallow the puke back down…

…Go teal and orange?!

(and yes, HFA if the Chiefs do lose two, Bengals lose one and Titans lose 2)

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Over the years, the Pats and Fins have taken turns being the biggest pains in our backsides.  Pre-Brady, it was usually the Fins that were the main competition.  it seems like the Jets are hardly ever very good, but we all hate them anyway, because, well, they're the friggin' JETS.  

There's talk about re-doing the teams in the various divisions when the league is expanded, which it will be just so the owners can make a few more millions. There's no logical reason to keep Miami in our division, but I hope the league leaves the AFCE alone. 

I will root for whichever team whose win helps the Bills the most.  

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

I don't think twice about pulling for Miami whenever it serves us. They're actually the AFCE opponent for whom I have the least animosity.

You, my friend, never lived thru the Shula and Marino years.  If you did, you'd understand the animosity that many have against the fish.

For me, it's the Jets that have the least animosity... they are an excellent foil of the Patriots* and haven't accomplished much of anything since Super Bowl III.

50 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

I don't think twice about pulling for Miami whenever it serves us. They're actually the AFCE opponent for whom I have the least animosity.

For me it's the Jets. I was rooting so hard for them to beat Miami. Sometimes I need to catch myself though. 

7 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

You, my friend, never lived thru the Shula and Marino years.  If you did, you'd understand the animosity that many have against the fish.

For me, it's the Jets that have the least animosity... they are an excellent foil of the Patriots* and haven't accomplished much of anything since Super Bowl III.

You're mixing up eras the Miami Buffalo rivalry was sparked over the Shula 70's.  Once Marino joined the dolphins his record against Buffalo is only 13-17.  Marino had no running game much like Allen so he never dominated the Bills.  

3 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

You're mixing up eras the Miami Buffalo rivalry was sparked over the Shula 70's.  Once Marino joined the dolphins his record against Buffalo is only 13-17.  Marino had no running game much like Allen so he never dominated the Bills.  

I did say the Marino and Shula eras :).

The 0-fer 70s, combined with the fights for the division and natural villains like Bryan Cox during the '90s... it was the height of the rivalry.  We weren't competitive back in the 70s, at least in the 90s it was a real rivalry.

12 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

North Division leader Bengals finish against the Ravens, Browns and Chiefs.  Not an easy road.  If they lose 1, but still win the division, they are 10-7.

We lose tie breakers with the Titans…but, the Titans final three are against Niners, Phins, and Texans.  

Truth is Niners and Phins are on rolls and the Phins still have a playoff pulse.  If SF beats Tennessee on Boxing Day how hard…how very hard are you going to be rooting for Miami against the Titans on January 2nd to drop them to 7 losses?

I could live with being the 2 seed again with Chiefs probably 12-5 (Steelers, Bengals, Broncos - 2 losses unlikely), Bills at 11-6 and the other 2 division leaders at 10-7.

Go Bills and…

…Go teal and orange?!

Dolphins almost lost to the jets... they aren't even a threat..

14 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Go Bills and…

…Go teal and orange?!

You had me hooked at Boxing Day 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Go Bills and…

…Go teal and orange?!

Agree with most of what you state, but isn't Boxing day the 26th?  Tenn-Sf game is this Thursday the 23rd.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Agree with most of what you state, but isn't Boxing day the 26th?  Tenn-Sf game is this Thursday the 23rd.

The 23rd is Boxing Day for regifting an office gift you received when you forgot to get someone on your home list a present.

...or because I didn't know the game was on Thursday.

Pick the answer you feel is more interesting.  I've made my choice.

:D

3 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

The 23rd is Boxing Day for regifting an office gift you received when you forgot to get someone on your home list a present.

...or because I didn't know the game was on Thursday.

Pick the answer you feel is more interesting.  I've made my choice.

:D

Not to be confused with Festus Day

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.