TNF: Steelers (6-5-1) at Vikings (5-7), 8:20 on FOX, NFLN, and Amazon

Steptide

Just now, jkeerie said:

And we thought our O line was bad!

Maybe this is what it would look like if Big Ben had our O-line in front of him?

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

How did we lose to this embarrassment. 

Rather then asking this question about our week one loss to to a healthy Steelers team how about being a Ravens fan asking that question tonight?

• Thank you (+1) 1

You know what an interesting stat would be -  sacks from missed assignments by RBs vs Oline.  Or even just sacks that are blown assignments vs a guy that beats his block.    Another one would be coverage sack.   Something to the extent of QB held ball after x amount of time.    

I think it would give you an idea of whether it’s scheme, talent, both, or maybe nothing.    

Sort of like calling the Strahan sack on Favre a sack….when Favre flopped to give him the credit.    Find out what’s a sack and what’s someone else’s bs.    Not worth anything other than….I’d find it interesting anyway.   

4 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Did you watch the Jags game?

Or the Houston game when both DT's broke through unblocked and Allen turned it into a 30 yard pass to Diggs.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

I did.  Nothing like what Ben is catching this game.  Not even close.  He is getting destroyed immediately 

3rd Q and already 5 sacks—getting ROCKED on each one.Josh only 4 while Jags game.

The number of sacks is sort of irrelevant with respect to comparing Allen & Big Ben given that one is a freak athlete and the other is an old guy playing a statue.

4 minutes ago, JohnnyBuffalo said:

You know what an interesting stat would be -  sacks from missed assignments by RBs vs Oline.  Or even just sacks that are blown assignments vs a guy that beats his block.    Another one would be coverage sack.   Something to the extent of QB held ball after x amount of time.    

I think it would give you an idea of whether it’s scheme, talent, both, or maybe nothing.    

Sort of like calling the Strahan sack on Favre a sack….when Favre flopped to give him the credit.    Find out what’s a sack and what’s someone else’s bs.    Not worth anything other than….I’d find it interesting anyway.   

I like that play in the 1st half when the Stillers LT started a half second early (no call) and still double teamed inside and let the blitzer (H Smith?) get a free run on Ben before he could set. I don’t know if it’s physical incapability as much as they are indisciplined and/or don’t know their assignment.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Or the Houston game when both DT's broke through unblocked and Allen turned it into a 30 yard pass to Diggs.

The number of sacks is sort of irrelevant with respect to comparing Allen & Big Ben given that one is a freak athlete and the other is an old guy playing a statue.

you've missed the point of the post I was responding to and my response

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.