TNF: Steelers (6-5-1) at Vikings (5-7), 8:20 on FOX, NFLN, and Amazon

Steptide

That turned into quite a game.  I guess the orange slices Roethlisberger's mom brought to the game really kicked in after halftime.  

The Vikings were playing like the drought-era Bills, searching hard for a way to lose.  They almost found one, after holding a 29 point lead in the third quarter.  

3 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Imagine having a guy like Dalvin Cook on the Bills. That guys a demon on the field

If we could draft a guy like that in the third round, he'd be ours.  That seems to be McBeane's limit on RBs.

Too bad the game wasn't played outdoors as it should have been in the elements.....Right😜

1 hour ago, nucci said:

we need to throw to Diggs as often as Vikes throw to Jefferson

Wasn't he the guy they got in the Diggs trade?  Why would you try and get the ball to your best receiver as much as possible????

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Imagine having a guy like Dalvin Cook on the Bills. That guys a demon on the field

Look closer and you’ll see that he wasn’t running straight into a wall of humanity on most plays as do the Bills RBs. The Vikings O Line was clearing massive holes through a totally disinterested Steelers front seven. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, nucci said:

we need to throw to Diggs as often as Vikes throw to Jefferson

Jefferson has been targeted 112 times this year with an average of 9.3 targets per game.  Diggs has been targeted 108 times with an average of 9.0 targets per game.  That's essentially the same targeting rate.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Jefferson has been targeted 112 times this year with an average of 9.3 targets per game.  Diggs has been targeted 108 times with an average of 9.0 targets per game.  That's essentially the same targeting rate.

I meant recently

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Look closer and you’ll see that he wasn’t running straight into a wall of humanity on most plays as do the Bills RBs. The Vikings O Line was clearing massive holes through a totally disinterested Steelers front seven. 

You can also look at his burst and say he was getting to the hole fast enough before it was a wall of humanity.    The Bills problem goes beyond having a bad offensive line, they have bad running backs too.   That said, the ability to bring in a Dalvin Cook type of running back who is clearly special is maybe a once every five year opportunity.

12 hours ago, Process said:

The Steelers have to make Claypool inactive next game. I don't care how good he is or how badly they need a win. I mean that was one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen on a football field. 

I watched the entire game and enjoyed the comeback.

When Claypool did that posing/pointing crap, I honestly couldn't believe it.

Good on TRAI TURNER for running up to him, interrupting his celebration, and grabbing for the ball to try and keep things moving along.

This play is a little reminder just how F-ING STUPID your average NFL athlete is, IMO.

There are reasons why the coaching staffs across the league do all this dumb stuff, use props at meetings, etc., to try and get the attention of their own players.

You have to treat a % of these guys as though they are children.

3 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Some of those holes were beyond gigantic.

Like he had 5 body widths to maneuver before being touched by the nearest player.

Our RBs look bad b/c our run blocking is atrocious.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.