Bills @ Bucs talk

letsgoteam

3 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

Did you actual watch how bad our linebackers got pushed off the ball and did not maintain their gap integrity, they were making poor reads at the line of scrimmage.  They also could not shed blockers either.   Our linebackers could not stop a handicapped person on crutches from gaining positive yards on a running play that night.  If the Patriots actually would have thrown the ball the score would have been worse.  Bad weather or no weather, our team got embarrassed by the Patriots.  Run play after run play and Buffalo was still playing variations of a stacked nickle D with up to 10 players at the line of scrimmage.   Our coaches are a embarrassment on both sides of the ball.  My friends and I have watched the Bills for 45 years now and I mean since the 70's and I have never seen as such a bad display of coaching.  The level of incompetent play calling with our OC is killing this team.  They are not making adjustments during a game.   What did they do at halftime to change the offensive or defensive approach for the second half.  Nothing!!!   MCD is joke when it comes to coaching in critical games.  This has come to the forefront as a major problem this year and I am not the only one on this forum to see this.  He made one adjustment in the 4th quarter where Milano ran twice up the middle behind the pulling guard and Milano made two stops.  Sorry, to little to late.  He should have sat Jerry Hughes.  This guy contributes nothing to our D line anymore.  He had 1 tackle, no stops or pressures in this game.

Meathead Daboll definitely is not off the hook either.  This guy is absolute garbage, like said in other post, if it was not for Allen being

able to improvise this year when plays have been blown up at the line of scrimmage this team would have a losing record right now.

Our Receivers kept running go patterns all night, no crossing, hook patterns, or slant patterns.  Nothing to generate any offense.  I even saw Diggs and Sanders just standing still 2 yards apart from one another while Josh was looking for someone to throw it to.

Then we run our RB's up the middle the majority of the night.  They have zero chance at getting yards because our backs are to slow and can not bounce the run to the outside because they have no speed at all.  They are to slow getting to the line of scrimmage once they get there its a 1 to 2 yard gain 90% of the time.  Same SLOW ass runs all the time !  MCD gave up on Bredia in this game after he fumbled.  Same thing he did to McKensie a few games ago.  

Singletary had only one good run the entire game.  A 16 yarder in the 4th quarter.  That is not good enough.

Then stupid offensive penalties in the Redzone,  at the end of the game.

Just typing this stuff gets me so aggravated because I just don't know how these coaches don't see this on the game film, and in all the game time photos.

Coaches coach, players play,  but our players are playing and not being coached as well as they should be.

I am hoping that I am wrong about this weekend but I just don't see Buffalo changing their game plan at all this weekend against TB.  This team sorely needs to change up the play calling this weekend.

Imagine if the Bills offense had actually converted on just ONE of their near misses, though. They had so many chances, and failed to capitalize. THAT is the real issue this season. The Bills offense is the engine, and when it sputters, they lose. 

The defense allowed 14 points and got timely stops in the 2nd half. It ain't on them (which of course doesn't mean their run defense isn't a problem; it just isn't a huge problem if the Bills offense plays even just a little bit closer to form).

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

16 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

This might be the least excited I have been for a game since 2018. It’s the first time in a very long time that I just see no chance of a win unfortunately. Last Monday is really still kicking my ass here I guess

You shouldnt let it kick your ass.  I get it but you shouldnt.  Division games are always tough.  Especially against the Pats.  The better team doesnt always win.  Its not like they are a dog ***** team like the Jags or even Miami either.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

You shouldnt let it kick your ass.  I get it but you shouldnt.  Division games are always tough.  Especially against the Pats.  The better team doesnt always win.  Its not like they are a dog ***** team like the Jags or even Miami either.

I think it’s just the playoffs thing. I feel like there’s a really good chance we miss now which is insane. If I could fast forward and say for sure, we get in…then I could get better with the Pats game but man I really think that game might sink us. I really hope it didn’t.

44 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I think it’s just the playoffs thing. I feel like there’s a really good chance we miss now which is insane. If I could fast forward and say for sure, we get in…then I could get better with the Pats game but man I really think that game might sink us. I really hope it didn’t.

I think there is a chance we might not win the division.  It will hinder on beating the Pats in Foxboro but I dont think we will miss the playoffs. Possible but I dont think we will.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scott7975 said:

I think there is a chance we might not win the division.  It will hinder on beating the Pats in Foxboro but I dont think we will miss the playoffs. Possible but I dont think we will.

I’d say the division is a pipe dream at this point. Making the playoffs is going to be difficult. We are probably going to have to steal a game to get in now and the way this team is playing….good luck 

As a Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan.   Thought I could clarify Tampa's secondary woes.  Last week was the first time since week one the three starting corner backs played together.   Also last week the nickel corner Jamel Dean suffered a concussion.  He is questionable for Bills@bucs.  Carlton Davis the Lcb is healthy he came back last week, Sean Murphy Bunting the Rcb is healthy he returned the week before.  Both CB's are huge upgrades over the practice squad guys they have had playing week in and week out.  Guys like Dee Delaney and the cologne bottle himself Pierre Dessir.  Oh yeah and some guy named Ross Cockrell.  It was a really bad situation for weeks.  But now two of the three starting Cb's are healthy. 

As far as safeties?  We just got starting FS Antione Winfield Jr back a couple weeks ago.  He is playing really well.  Starting SS Jordan Whitehead is out with a calf injury.  The 2nd string SS Mike Edwards is suspended.  So there  is some chatter Richard Sherman (he is coming off an injury too) could play at strong safety.   If not you guys will get to see ugh the 4th? or maybe the 5th? string corner back Ross Cockrell play at Strong Safety.  

So to recap the 2 starting corners are definitely playing this week.  The nickel cb is questionable (concussion protocol).   One starting free safety Antione Winfield Jr is playing.  The strong safety will be a 4th string cb or Richard Sherman.

Honestly that's the best secondary Tampa has had since the first qtr of week 1.  The much improved secondary really has effected the pass rush. Tampa had 5 sacks just last week against the Falcons.  It's amazing how some decent corner back play helps the pass rush.  I wish you guys Good luck!  

9 hours ago, Bimmer323i said:

I’m still so disgusted over the Patriots game I’m having trouble trying get hyped up for the game tomorrow…I don’t know if I can handle getting my heart ripped out twice in the same week…. 

I have 0 confidence that Brian Dabol will put a game plan together to beat the bucs tomorrow… That’s why I’m having trouble getting up for this game

I’m not convinced game plan or play calling has much to do with it at this point. We will all see the huge talent gap on the field today. It’s not really close at all. I hate how this team was built. Both schemes are truly terrible to watch as a 45 year old fan. Hiring Frazier in the first place told me that we’d never get it done.

Edited by Governor
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Governor said:

I’m not convinced game plan or play calling has much to do with it at this point. We will all see the huge talent gap on the field today. It’s not really close at all. I hate how this team was built. Both schemes are truly terrible to watch as a 45 year old fan. Hiring Frazier in the first place told me that we’d never get it done.

Then don’t watch.  🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think this is the game the team shows up for and the game that should have been played in the SB. 2 teams basically the same as they were at that time (minus White of course). 21 and 22 starters returned to start the season and to be honest, the game I have been looking forward to all season, just for a glance at what might could have been. I won't predict a score, I just look for a good clean game. We beat the Saints and WFT, which are 2 of the Bucs losses. I think we will play better than most people think.🙏

GO BILLS!!!

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Governor said:

I'm sure you were saying these exact things as the Bills went to the playoffs in 2017, 2019, and went to the AFCCG last season.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Governor said:

The Bills have had one of the best defenses in the NFL since he's been here.  

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.