Bills @ Bucs talk

letsgoteam

34 minutes ago, Fallser said:

Just got the presale ticket email

from the Bills, after we get destroyed Sunday I’m not sure playoffs are a lock, let alone a Home playoff game.

I’ve said, depending on who they play, not having a home playoff game could be a blessing. If they go anywhere with a dome or nicer weather it would be more of a home field advantage than playing in orchard park. 

• Like (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Nah....we are heading down the path of wild card berth.  Gotta get used to that.

We have a 89%-90% chance of playoffs even with losses in Tampa and NE.

Not sure where you are getting your percentages.

I'm using the NY Times simulator and the ESPN simulators.

It will probably come down to our ability to take care of business and beat up on the 3 "easy" games.

If we lose 1 or more of those, we won't make the playoffs and THAT'S when this place SHOULD go off the rails! 

But that is a long way from happening now.

For the most part, we have beaten up on bad teams this year and I think we win those 3 going away.

I think it’s “likely” we get in at 10-7, but I ran a sim on the ESPN Playoff Machine where I just asked one of my guys at the office to pick every game and then I gave us losses to TB/NE.  

His picks were reasonable.  

We didn’t get in.  

Cinci beating KC is the upset he picked that knocked us out.  When I flipped that game, we were in.  Everything else made sense to me as picks that could happen.  With a bye likely on the line for the Chiefs, I don't think Cinci is beating KC. 

Then again, when has this season made any sense..

Edited by SCBills

13 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I think it’s “likely” we get in at 10-7, but I ran a sim on the ESPN Playoff Machine where I just asked one of my guys at the office to pick every game and then I gave us losses to TB/NE.  

His picks were reasonable.  

We didn’t get in.  

Cinci beating KC is the upset he picked that knocked us out.  When I flipped that game, we were in.  Everything else made sense to me as picks that could happen.  With a bye likely on the line for the Chiefs, I don't think Cinci is beating KC. 

Then again, when has this season made any sense..

Yeah.

10-7 is definitely "we need other teams to do certain things in order for us to make the playoffs" territory. 11-6 should get us in for sure.

Win the three remaining "should win" games and one of TB or NE and we should be a lock. No small task, given what we've seen the past few weeks. Win the three remaining "should win games" and LOSE to both TB and NE, and we're scoreboard watching the rest of the season.

Edited by Logic

36 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I'm typically pretty optimistic. However some I'm starting to see the writing on them wall for this season. 

We beat teams QB'd by Heineke and Mahomes (during periods they were struggling) Tua, Brissett, Seimen, Mike White and Davis Mills. Hardly a murders row. 

Since the KC game this team is a sub .500 team. But injuries...right? That's a cop out excuse to me. Believe it or not...injuries happen to every team. The Cards kept winning without Kylar, D-Hop, Chase Edmunds...ect. The Bucs have been missing Gronk, Brown, Marpet and their whole secondary. Still won. Heck the Raiders are down their HC and most explosive offensive weapon and still finding wins.  Titans have been missing players, the Ravens lost every RB in a 3 mile radius to their facility, Browns still in the hunt after losing Kareem and Chubb for bits and playing a 1 armed Mayfield....but yea we can't win without Feliciano and Star.

This team is not built well. Let's face that fact. We have 2nd string level guys as starters at key positions...so when they get hurt and drop down the talent level is far below what should be on the field.

On top of that we cannot run/stop the run. Haven't been able to close out close games. We are a 1 dimensional broken offense that cannot consistently cash in when in the red zone or get great starting field position. 

But yea, we can just reel off wins from here on out no matter what. 🙄

To be fair there are only so many good Quarterbacks in the league, as such you could do that for every team.   Saying "while Mahomes was struggling" is a bit of a misnomer as well.   You're putting all the onus on Mahomes, rather than saying that the Bills actually did a good job against him.  Despite having a down year Mahomes is still going to make the Pro Bowl in the AFC, and remains one of the top five players at his position.  In comparison the Pats have beat Zach Wilson, Davis Mills, Ryan Tannehill, Herbert, Mayfield, Alllen, Matt Ryan, and Sam Darnold.   Would you call that a murderers row?   How many top 5 QBs have they beat? Two?  They've also lost to Jameis Winston and Tua.

Bottom line is its a week to week league, and the games are hard to win.   There are no sure things, and five weeks from now the Bills could be in a completely different place.  

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

To be fair there are only so many good Quarterbacks in the league, as such you could do that for every team.   Saying "while Mahomes was struggling" is a bit of a misnomer as well.   You're putting all the onus on Mahomes, rather than saying that the Bills actually did a good job against him.  Despite having a down year Mahomes is still going to make the Pro Bowl in the AFC, and remains one of the top five players at his position.  In comparison the Pats have beat Zach Wilson, Davis Mills, Ryan Tannehill, Herbert, Mayfield, Alllen, Matt Ryan, and Sam Darnold.   Would you call that a murderers row?   How many top 5 QBs have they beat? Two?  They've also lost to Jameis Winston and Tua.

Bottom line is its a week to week league, and the games are hard to win.   There are no sure things, and five weeks from now the Bills could be in a completely different place.  

Yes, I should have worded that differently. The whole Chief team was struggling. Not just Mahomes. 

And really, I don't give a red rats arse who anyone else has beaten and when. Wasn't what I was talking about. Let their fans worry about that. But since you bring it up..that same Tannehill is a QB that beat us. You know, along with Wentz and Ben's corpse. Let's not get too cocky there.

And yes, 5 weeks from now anything "could" happen. The anything "could" happen was the mantra of the drought years. 

Let's use a bit of common sense here..again...since winning in KC this team has been sub .500. Just lost one of our best players. Have shown we do not have the ability/players to fix what's broken on this team. The actual "bottom line" here is that's called "trending down". 

Edited by No Place To Hyde

6 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Yes, I should have worded that differently. The whole Chief team was struggling. Not just Mahomes. 

And really, I don't give a red rats arse who anyone else has beaten and when. Wasn't what I was talking about. Let their fans worry about that. But since you bring it up..that same Tannehill is a QB that beat us. You know, along with Wentz and Ben's corpse. Let's not get too cocky there.

And yes, 5 weeks from now anything "could" happen. The anything "could" happen was the mantra of the drought years. 

Let's use a bit of common sense here..again...since winning in KC this team has been sub .500. Just lost one of our best players. Have shown we do not have the ability/players to fix what's broken on this team. The actual "bottom line" here is that's called "trending down". 

I do think we could adopt different play calling to try and make do with what we have on offense at least.

Otherwise I agree, it's an off-season fix, if not multiple off-seasons fix.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

I just re-did it at NY Times.  85% chance to make playoffs with losses to TAMPA and NEW ENGLAND.

IF we lose at TAMPA, but win out, we have a 100% chance of making playoffs, according to Times.

And you were saying Tampa is not entirely unimportant?

Maybe you are suggesting we have no chance to win out after Tampa?

I think we have a good chance to do that, but we haven't won 4 in a row (or 2 in a row!) in a long time.

I just refuse to get caught up in the Tampa panic; it's not necessary.

The time for panic will be in NE and then the 3 "easy games".  If we don't take care of business there, we're done.

I just can’t imagine facing that NE offense again when they are able to get play action passing going too. 

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I just can’t imagine facing that NE offense again when they are able to get play action passing going too. 

As I said up-thread, they will be able to do more given normal weather, but so will we.

I'll take our offense over theirs and each team has as strong D. 

But we have to come up with smarter play calling and can't get bogged down in this "establish the run" crap, kind of for the sake of doing it, our of machismo or God knows what.

56 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

This is actually what they should do. After losing to NE the way we did, we're in more desperation mode. Let it all hang out. Blitz more, use the whole frickin playbook. The weather should cooperate. No crazy winds, 5-10mph. Let it all hang out.

i know mathematically a loss in tb is not as important as any of the afc games, ne in particular, for our playoff chances, but in terms of momentum and confidence, i think we are on a precipice right now, and you need something to just supercharge the bills swagger.  i suppose there could be some kind of exciting close loss where the bills play better where they get their mojo back, but i really think walking into TB and smacking them, followed by going to NE and beating them turns the team from self sabotaging into a deadly monster of a team.

so, based on all that, i think we either beat TB and make a hard push at a chip, or lose there and just fade down the stretch.  i think if we miss the playoffs, even at 10-7, at the very least some assistant coaches get walking papers. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

As I said up-thread, they will be able to do more given normal weather, but so will we.

I'll take our offense over theirs and each team has as strong D. 

But we have to come up with smarter play calling and can't get bogged down in this "establish the run" crap, kind of for the sake of doing it, our of machismo or God knows what.

But we don't have a strong D. Why do people keep saying that? They only look good playing scrub QBs. Wait until Brady and all his skill people torches them for 40+ points. 

On 12/6/2021 at 10:46 PM, Virgil said:

They can just run Fournette every play and they’ll win 

I havent read the thread up until now and Virgil my reaction was registering  shock AND dismay at your post..because I fear you are absolutely correct

OMGoodnesss just say NO to dejavu' bills performances.

Yikes.

m

On 12/7/2021 at 3:12 AM, BobbyC81 said:

Unfortunately, Brady will see the Bills helmets and his face will light up like a child on Christmas morning.

#dismay

image.thumb.png.4ba5b69d501dd0c27c66a635a61dcaf2.png

Not liking Lotulelei going from "limited" to "DNP" - although, Weds practice was said to be light

Sweeney, it makes me grind my teeth because he's our only TE other than Knox, but  I had high hopes for the kid and they're kind of gone.

Before someone asks:

If Klein is vaccinated, he can come off the Covid list as soon as he can muster 48 hrs with no symptoms and 2 negative tests 24 hrs apart.

If he is unvaccinated, he's gone at least until next Weds or Thurs (10 days from Sunday or Monday) and will miss the Bucs game.

6 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

But we don't have a strong D. Why do people keep saying that? They only look good playing scrub QBs. Wait until Brady and all his skill people torches them for 40+ points. 

Football Outsiders has us currently ranked 1st in the NFL for defense, and 3rd in total DVOA.

Other than that, you're right, we suck.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/7/2021 at 7:57 AM, No Place To Hyde said:

I had this game as a loss before the season started. Thought it may be a high scoring clash of 2 really good teams.

That was then, this is now. Tampa is going to feast. This game is going to be ugly and I'm figuring it well be over by midway through the 3rd quarter. 

Unless its Not.

This team could win out the season or "u know what" the bed. I vote optimism until Proven otherwise.  Seeing how they respond in this game is crucial ..

I better not see a glib  performance... show some heart..they surely did last game and still managed to lose. I need the blue pill for that pats* game and I think the Bills need the exact opposite. Show up and show OUT  Men  DONT BE EMBARRASSED AGAIN.........smh jerrah sullivan ftw  @-@

to gain or not gain advantage and toughness in 6 days time...yikes.  *shrug*

dial up a game plan to win this danged game and PLEASE protect #17 at the very least fcol...Frazier....Daboll?....taptaptaptaptap

/vent 

Edited by Muppy
typo
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Muppy said:

Unless its Not.

This team could win out the season or "u know what" the bed. I vote optimism until Proven otherwise.  Seeing how they respond in this game is crucial ..

I better not see a glib  performance... show some heart..they surely did last game and still managed to lose. I need the blue pill for that pats* game and I think they Bills need the exact opposite. Show up and show OUT  Men  DONT BE EMBARRASSED AGAIN.........smh jerrah sullivan ftw  @-@

to gain or not gain advantage and toughness in 6 days time...yikes.  *shrugs*

dial up a game plan to win this danged game and PLEASE protect #17 at the very least fcol...Frazier....Daboll?....taptaptaptaptap

/vent 

I love the optimism.. I will say this if they get down early by a couple scores.. the game will get ugly, and I see the Bills doing stupid undisciplined things.. I could be wrong but that’s what I THINK will happen.

• Shocked 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

I love the optimism.. I will say this if they get down early by a couple scores.. the game will get ugly, and I see the Bills doing stupid undisciplined things.. I could be wrong but that’s what I THINK will happen.

oh yeah I know it clearly Could go that way................*cringe* I need a combo  cringe dismay emoji it'd be all over this thread lol

yikes...Go Bills :-)))

Edited by Muppy

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

Kickoff forecast: 80 degrees, winds 5 mph, partly cloudy.

Post-NE game sentiment (heartbreaking L): We Need a Dome!

Post-Tampa game sentiment (thrilling W): No, We Need to Move to Orlando!

I'm actually worried that will be too warm for our guys and they'll dehydrate.

When it's 80 degrees air temperature, what is it down on the field?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.