Bills @ Bucs talk

letsgoteam

2 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

This game is the rallying point like AZ was last year.

It's time to lace up those cleats and pull up those jock straps boys :)

As Wrex once said " Its On "

I'm not trying to Debbie Down your post.

But the Titans, Jags were all suppose to be rallying points too.

• Agree 2

Some here have a really hard time facing reality. This team has done nothing this year that could give you hope for a deep playoff run….I don’t even think we make the playoffs. 

Bad O line

Bad run defense 

awful MLB

No Tre

inconsistent coaching 

mediocre RB’s

One dimensional offense 

Fumblitis

why anyone thinks we can string anything together and make a push is beyond me. I’m just looking forward to what the Bills can do in the off-season. 

Lose some Dline bloat(Star, Butler, Addison and Jerry. 

get a big DT and slide Oliver

revamp Oline

serviceable RB

Vet MLB

New O coordinator  

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

They did win the following week

Fair point

1 hour ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Sadly this game will be another L.  You can tell that McDIMWITT can’t get this team focused enough to win big games.  Where are the big plays in crucial spots by this team?  Where is the leadership?  Other than the proverbial “we need to do a better job doing this and this..” postgame pressers.  “How could this happen?  I don’t know.  We need to look at ourselves in the mirror.  The NEXT game is the biggest game of the year” blah blah blah.. The Bills allowed over 200 yards on the ground to the Pats with no passing attack to speak of.  How can they have confidence heading into games against formidable opponents who can do both?  

Does anyone here still think that this team can make a deep playoff run?  If so.. why and how?

Yes, they could still make a deep run. Good match ups and the bounce of the ball, next thing you know your in the AFC Championship.

However, I'm more concerned about QUALIFYING for the playoffs first.

• Agree 1

With the exception of the Colts, every loss has been incredibly close and has come down to a play or two.  Yet every win has been a blowout.  There is tremendous parity in the AFC this season, and homefield advantage doesn't seem to matter as much as it once did.  If the Bills can get in the playoffs, they will have as good a chance as anyone to win games.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

8 minutes ago, buffalonian said:

With the exception of the Colts, every loss has been incredibly close and has come down to a play or two.  Yet every win has been a blowout.  There is tremendous parity in the AFC this season, and homefield advantage doesn't seem to matter as much as it once did.  If the Bills can get in the playoffs, they will have as good a chance as anyone to win games.

I am very optimistic that we can get back to the AFCCG, and potentially further, if we make the Playoffs.   The Playoffs are a reset, and this team needs one more than anybody.  

I am currently not very optimistic that we can go 4-1 down the stretch to guarantee ourselves that chance.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I am very optimistic that we can get back to the AFCCG, and potentially further, if we make the Playoffs.   The Playoffs are a reset, and this team needs one more than anybody.  

I am currently not very optimistic that we can go 4-1 down the stretch to guarantee ourselves that chance.  

3-2 might do it depending on how the rest of the AFC plays out. Even though the Jags game showed nothing is guaranteed the Bills should win all remaining home games. Can they go 1-1 vs TB and NE?

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I agree, but you might feel a bit more optimistic if you look at the AFC schedule down the stretch.  It is brutal for much of our competition for a playoff spot. Also, all of the teams "in the hunt" have multiple games against other teams "in the hunt," so there will necessarily be attrition.   Even the Patriots could reasonably lose 3 of their last 4 (Indy, Buffalo, Miami). 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, buffalonian said:

I agree, but you might feel a bit more optimistic if you look at the AFC schedule down the stretch.  It is brutal for much of our competition for a playoff spot. Also, all of the teams "in the hunt" have multiple games against other teams "in the hunt," so there will necessarily be attrition.   Even the Patriots could reasonably lose 3 of their last 4 (Indy, Buffalo, Miami). 

Miami could actually serve a purpose for us by beating NE

1 minute ago, Greg S said:

3-2 might do it depending on how the rest of the AFC plays out. Even though the Jags game showed nothing is guaranteed the Bills should win all remaining home games. Can they go 1-1 vs TB and NE?

Yea, 3-2 could definitely do it, but I just went through the Playoff Machine with a buddy at the office and asked all his picks.. they were all reasonable picks.. and if it plays out as such, and we lose to TB & NE, it has us out.  I went back and flipped the KC/CIN which he gave to CIN, and with a KC win, we were in.  With how unpredictable this season has been, I really can't stomach a win-and-get-help situation final week of the regular season. 

2 hours ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Sadly this game will be another L.  You can tell that McDIMWITT can’t get this team focused enough to win big games.  Where are the big plays in crucial spots by this team?  Where is the leadership?  Other than the proverbial “we need to do a better job doing this and this..” postgame pressers.  “How could this happen?  I don’t know.  We need to look at ourselves in the mirror.  The NEXT game is the biggest game of the year” blah blah blah.. The Bills allowed over 200 yards on the ground to the Pats with no passing attack to speak of.  How can they have confidence heading into games against formidable opponents who can do both?  

Does anyone here still think that this team can make a deep playoff run?  If so.. why and how?

Yes.  Because it’s football.  Anything can happen.  

Is it likely?  No.  But far from impossible.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Yea, 3-2 could definitely do it, but I just went through the Playoff Machine with a buddy at the office and asked all his picks.. they were all reasonable picks.. and if it plays out as such, and we lose to TB & NE, it has us out.  I went back and flipped the KC/CIN which he gave to CIN, and with a KC win, we were in.  With how unpredictable this season has been, I really can't stomach a win-and-get-help situation final week of the regular season. 

Yup I did a similar one with, and I think mine was where after I went through, I flipped a game, and it knocked out a 10-7 Bills team.

• Like (+1) 1

Bills will lose to the Bucs, drop to 7-6, and kill off any remaining hope that fans or analysts have of them recovering.

They'll then proceed to win all four remaining games after that and make the playoffs at 11-6.

I know, I'm a crazy homer, we don't have a shot in hell, blah blah blah.

11-6 and playoffs. It's gonna happen!

• Like (+1) 2

This team has moved the ball against some really good defenses.  Like one poster mentioned above it comes down o red zone offense.  More specifically penalties in the red zone.  Maybe that fix is to simplify the snap count in the red zone.  Maybe it is more creative play calling.  I don't know but every game we lost we could have won.  Including the Colts game.  So to all the pessimists saying it is all over I strongly disagree.  As long as we squeak into the playoffs then there is a chance to make a run.  We have the offensive firepower.  We have the QB.  Despite what all the "sky is falling" fans say we have a great defense.  If we make the playoffs then I like our chances as much as any other team in the AFC.  Especially NE.  That rematch is one I feel confident about.  Bucs is a tough match up no doubt.  But if we can get to 31 points then this game is as much of a toss up as any.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

This feels like 2001-2016 again...Bills totally overmatched and no expectation of winning whatsoever. 7-6 on the horizon. 

This team is going 9-8. It’s better that way I guess. We haven’t hit bottom yet. It gets worse.

Someone has to step in and make changes before these idiots back up the Brinks truck for Tremaine Edmunds.

This is getting pretty scary.

Edited by Governor
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.