Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

36 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

My point is if you call Ukraine a democracy what makes it different then Russia's?  

Both countries have had sham, rigged, or meddled in elections - pick your global oligarchs of choice whether its the Clinton's Bidens or Timchenko.  

This is why you support freedom first not just thump your chest and yell "democracy now."  What the hell does this even mean in 2022 when I have lunatics right here in the U.S. calling freedom the sham. 

Your ignorance really lights up the board sometimes. 

Yeah, Zelensky is Putin. No difference. 

39 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Your ignorance really lights up the board sometimes. 

Yeah, Zelensky is Putin. No difference. 

No.  The system.  

Zelensky is a sham 

Putin is a sham. 

This isn't about freaking democracy.  Which of course its the mission of the United States to expand liberty around the world and make it safe for democracy.  

But pardon me if I'm convinced that half of what's left of the West no longer understands what liberty means.  Or that they'll become the biggest hypocrites and morons on the planet when it comes to standing up for it - or actually they really don't care screw your freedoms.  

Need a sound energy so we can prevent Putin from having more influence?  Let's consult Greta Thornburg 

Need to stand up for "democracy" in Ukraine?  Abandons ship in the most embarrassing way possible in Afghanistan. 

Need to defend liberty?  Again - screw your freedoms.  And take all those "wrong" people and scientists off the social media.  In fact cancel everyone that disagrees with us.  Censor them to.  

But Putin silences his opponents and consolidates the media in Russia?  Lol he should see how easy it is to do that here.  Well....if you're a commie they'll work for you without asking questions.  Then they won't even really question you.  You're on the same team.*

*In no way is any of this to justify Putin.  I have bigger problems in my own backyard thats going to make it impossible for America to defend liberty within the next decade.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

I’ve been waiting for someone to point this out. On the global corruption index Ukraine ranks quite high. Ukraine ranked 126 out of 188 (lower is worse). Russia ranked 136. Suddenly Ukraine is the beacon of democracy only because they are fighting Russia. Not because of what type of “democracy” either of them have. 

We decided to make this priority number 1 because boom - Covid and all the destruction worthless protocols caused are gone (except the guilted still in masks and a looming President CDC waiting to order them back on by November 9th) and inflation is really really awful because Russia is evil it for real had nothing to do with Democrat self inflicted economic chaos to get the Orange Man out of office.  

State "run" media all suddenly echoing the exact same lunacy. 

The goal?  As always narrative control they lost in November and are primed to get historically smacked this year unless-  something we need something - "Biden kept us out of WWIII and canceled Russia!  He built alliances everybody look at Biden go!  And just go buy an electric car it will be fine!"  

American "Democracy" in 2022.  

Edited by Big Blitz

Covid taught the duped in this country absolutely nothing.  Because Orange Man Bad....

That Saki tweet is mind blowing.  

Absolutely mind blowing. 

If you needed to pick 1 tweet to sum up how freaking stupid and bizarre everything is that's it...that's the winner.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 2

I don’t trust someone who immediately trusts the, obviously, panic-induced rapid response given out re: Nuland’s unplanned admission.  

Maybe it’s nothing, but it sure doesn’t seem like nothing, and the govt/media coordinated response should make everyone very skeptical.  

11 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I don’t trust someone who immediately trusts the, obviously, panic-induced rapid response given out re: Nuland’s unplanned admission.  

Maybe it’s nothing, but it sure doesn’t seem like nothing, and the govt/media coordinated response should make everyone very skeptical.  

There's a huge difference between bio-labs and bio-weapons labs. The former may be trying to find treatments against biological agents, while the latter produces bio-weapons. 

10 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

There's a huge difference between bio-labs and bio-weapons labs. The former may be trying to find treatments against biological agents, while the latter produces bio-weapons. 

Are there labs somewhere that distinguish this, like on the name of the facility the sign clearly says "Bio-WEAPONS Lab" 

I wouldn't want to go to the wrong one by mistake if I had a job interview.  

10 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Are there labs somewhere that distinguish this, like on the name of the facility the sign clearly says "Bio-WEAPONS Lab" 

I wouldn't want to go to the wrong one by mistake if I had a job interview.  

You should write comedy for a living, you'd make tens of dollars. 

• Haha (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

My point is if you call Ukraine a democracy what makes it different then Russia's?  

Both countries have had sham, rigged, or meddled in elections - pick your global oligarchs of choice whether its the Clinton's Bidens or Timchenko.  

This is why you support freedom first not just thump your chest and yell "democracy now."  What the hell does this even mean in 2022 when I have lunatics right here in the U.S. calling freedom the sham.     trying to throw out valid election results and install their own autocrat....

This is why you support freedom first not just thump your chest and yell "democracy now."  What the hell does this even mean in 2022 when I have lunatics right here in the U.S. calling freedom the sham.     trying to throw out valid election results and install their own autocrat....

FIFY

Edited by TH3
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillStime said:

LMAO

Only you & others that believe like you that this POTUS is doing a great job would focus on that in the way that you have & dispose of the content of that conversation .

Sam as it ever was !!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, T master said:

Only you & others that believe like you that this POTUS is doing a great job would focus on that in the way that you have & dispose of the content of that conversation .

Sam as it ever was !!!

If Trump were POTUS - Ukraine would not exist today.

On 3/5/2022 at 8:54 AM, Big Blitz said:

"Spread Russian Propaganda"

Libs are complete fascist thugs.  

Good luck to teachers trying teach about this now. 

Classes only going to be:

Teacher:  "Putin is evil we must stop him."  

Student:  "Does Russia have a historical claim....as in the beginnings of modern day Russia have roots in Kiev?  Can you explain this?"

Teacher:  "We're moving on to the next boring cookie cutter indoctrination lesson."

Im wading in here reluctantly. But this post (either rightly or wrongly) imo is basically insinuating with a very straight face that Russian political issues in the Ukraine are in some way justifying what despot putin is doing now......the war that  is occurring right now on the hourly/daily is "explainable"..? Yeah right. Siding with a lunatic despot. This thinking would try to explain away hitler too. What a joke. To me they were/ are equal crazy equal ruthless equal WRONG  ...explain it? Yeah its called Evil.

@leh-nerd skin-erd I need a rational voice to listen to this with me and give me your honest impression/thoughts. I unlike most posters in this thread Know I need discernment and wisdom to assimilate all that is currently happening in the Ukraine.  I like when Russel says the comments make his threads a think tank community hopefully learning and growing together...(my interpretation of his preliminary  comments ) 

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 2

On 3/1/2022 at 7:23 AM, sherpa said:

I don't know, but I am very concerned about confrontations on the International Space Station?

Maybe a symbolic lockout of the Russians from the head? 

I said this as pure sarcasm nine days ago.

Guess what the head of the Russian Space Program said yesterday.

He threatened to "abandon" US astronaut Mark Vande Hei, who is on the ISS and is scheduled to return to earth n three weeks.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I said this as pure sarcasm nine days ago.

Guess what the head of the Russian Space Program said yesterday.

He threatened to "abandon" US astronaut Mark Vande Hei, who is on the ISS and is scheduled to return to earth n three weeks.

Just think, they will do our bargaining with Iran for there oil. Makes you feel good doesn’t it?