Patriots at Bills: Game Week Thread (v2)

BuffaloBillyG

1 hour ago, sven233 said:

About 22 hours from now this place will be an absolute party or darker than a morgue.  No matter what way it ends up, I don't think anyone is getting sleeping well.  Not sure any of us are going to get much tonight either. 

It's probably a little bit of hyperbole based on the way this season has gone and the ball washing the media and their fans are giving Mac Jones and the Pats*, but even after living through two decades of getting punched in the face by Brady and the Cheats*, I am not sure I have ever wanted to beat them worse than what I want us to do to them tonight. 

That said, we have been let down so much in the past for so many different reasons against this team.  Whether it's been our terrible rosters, terrible coaching, poor play, getting screwed by the refs and the league, all the way to them literally being caught cheating several times, it's a bit hard to believe in a positive outcome until we actually see it.  We had success against them last year, but it was a weird season as a whole and they didn't have as good a team as they do now.  I want to see a true changing of the guard as much as anyone here, but it's on us not to just take it, but rip it away.  We'll see what the coaching staff comes up with and if the players are ready to do what's needed physically and mentally to make it happen in a big spot.  There's nothing left to do but to do it.

Go Bills.

I've definitely hated them more in past years than I do this year (which is NOT to suggest I don't currently wish them IMMENSE misfortune), but I can agree that this particular game is at least worth the well-being of one of my peripheral family members...

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, sven233 said:

About 22 hours from now this place will be an absolute party or darker than a morgue

Each play tonight will be like that.

Good play "Yea that's what I am talking about!!!"

Bad play "We are never going to win this game, this team sucks."

Edited by TBBills

5 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Belichick vs McDermott, this is what this game will ultimately boil down to. Which coach will have their team prepared. Which coach will make the critical blunder during game. If McDermott and the Bills win tomorrow, he will be one of the few coaches that beat Belichick 3 straight games

I hope this isn't the case because tje edge clearly goes to BB. 

Usually you bastards have a huge advantage over me with games that start at two a.m. here, but tonight I will sleep, forget the anxiety and big time importance of this game, and wake up at 9 a.m. to watch in a civilized manner with coffee and eggs.

Like most, I live in fear of Allen being sacked six times and the patriots rushing for 250 yards.

But ***** that. We will eat their kidneys and spit out the stones! Go bills.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Bimmer323i said:

I think we will win this game I think Allen will rise to the occasion but if for some reason we lose to the Pats with a rookie qb I will be completely devastated and will have lost all respect for this coaching staff and all my excitement for the rest of the season will be totally 💯 gone…. We better play this game like it’s our last… Let’s go Buffalo…..

Even with a loss the Bills still can survive and make the playoffs. It won't be easy with a most likely loss to Tampa next week. Today, we will find out what kind of team we have. For me, its hard to get optimistic about this game. The Pats seem like a better more balanced team, more physical, and better coached. Let's hope we get the best version of the Bills tomorrow. If so, the Bills ahould win the game. The more I analyze the game the more I'm leaning towards a close hard fought Patriot win. Sucks even thinking about losing...

2 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Even with a loss the Bills still can survive and make the playoffs. It won't be easy with a most likely loss to Tampa next week. Today, we will find out what kind of team we have. For me, its hard to get optimistic about this game. The Pats seem like a better more balanced team, more physical, and better coached. Let's hope we get the best version of the Bills tomorrow. If so, the Bills ahould win the game. The more I analyze the game the more I'm leaning towards a close hard fought Patriot win. Sucks even thinking about losing...

So you're just going to go from thread to thread on here this morning pissing in everyone's coffee.      Some Bills fan you are.   Bet you are fun at parties too.

• Like (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, billsintaiwan said:

Usually you bastards have a huge advantage over me with games that start at two a.m. here, but tonight I will sleep, forget the anxiety and big time importance of this game, and wake up at 9 a.m. to watch in a civilized manner with coffee and eggs.

Like most, I live in fear of Allen being sacked six times and the patriots rushing for 250 yards.

But ***** that. We will eat their kidneys and spit out the stones! Go bills.

The only thing that gives me a bit of heartburn thinking about is Brian Daboll. The weather conditions that should be around for game time are not going to be pleasant. It's the kind of game where I can see him being stubborn and dialing up 45+ passes in a close game.

1 hour ago, PolishDave said:

So you're just going to go from thread to thread on here this morning pissing in everyone's coffee.      Some Bills fan you are.   Bet you are fun at parties too.

Not my intent to pee in anyone's coffee. It's my honest opinion based on what I see. I realize it's not what most what to read on here. I think everything I said has merit and validity. 

Edited by newcam2012

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

Not my intent to pee in anyone's coffee. It's my honest opinion based on what I see. I realize it's not what most what to read on here. I think everything I said has merit and validity. 

An honest Bills fan who didn't think the Bills would win tonight might come on this forum and say that once and then move on.    He wouldn't go from thread to thread to thread saying it over and over and over.    You know who would do that?   Some ***** Patriots fan troll.   You sir are a ***** Patriots fan troll.   You suck.   And you can wallow in your misery with your other fox-but-hole- buddies when the Bills rip your heart out again.

The Patriots literally haven't been able to beat the Bills in years.   I am happy to drink your tears of sorrow.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, PolishDave said:

Parties? You have to get invited to them 

19 hours ago, Bimmer323i said:

I know what your saying but man I want this game so bad you have no idea… I’ve been climbing the walls all week waiting for this game to start…

Me too man, I'm getting anxious to just see it already! 

I've just learned that I can't put all my faith on any one game, especially when it comes to the Bills, as they just have a weird way of getting your hopes up just enough to make it that much more painful when they lay an egg lol

I STILL get angry thinking about the MNF game from 2008 against the Cowboys... and we came into that game riddled with injuries, no wins (I think), against a hyped up Cowboys team we all expected to destroy us. I went into that game just happy MNF was returning to Buffalo, and I'd get to watch it in Dallas with my Dallas friends

By halftime I had hyped myself up to stupid proportions, going crazy for this supposedly dead team pulling off a huge upset in front of all my friends. By the end, I was all but cursing life/god/family/karma & wishing I had never grew up a Bills fan 😂

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, PolishDave said:

The Patriots literally haven't been able to beat the Bills in years.   I am happy to drink your tears of sorrow.

I don't think that's how to use the word "literally." We know the Bills swept the Pats last year, but... yeah, everything else before then doesn't look so good.

On 12/4/2021 at 2:53 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

In the last 3 games, the  OL has been Wynn, Karras, Andrews, Mason, Trent Brown, and that's who the Patriots have listed as starters on their depth chart.  I believe Onwenu had replaced Brown at RT for the Jets, Chargers, and Panthers games.

Prior to that (games 3 through 6) the Pats were playing several substitutes on OL and I think, guys out of position.  I dunno about pressure on Jones, but he threw more picks in that stretch (2 or 3 per game) and, NE had 49 rush yards against the Saints  and -1 (no typo) against the Bucs.  Evidently the OL impacts the QB's play and the run game, Who Knew?

I'm not sure the starters at the beginning of the season are the guys that are now starters (just as the Bills starting OL changed)

Perhaps one of our resident Pats fans such as @PatsFanNH or @Ghost_002! could comment on the Pats OL situation.

According to pro football reference, the Pats run play action on 26% of their passing attempts.  They rush on almost half (46%) of their offensive plays, which helps set that up.  Play action, a heavy dose of rushing plays, and a short passing game designed to get the ball out of Jones hands quickly help to minimize pressure on him.  Same source, Jones is blitzed on 1/3 of his pass attempts (33%) but only hurried on 19.3% of them. 

Jones gets the ball out very quickly - 8th in the league at 2.3 sec and different from 4th by the hundredths place.  I think that's by the design of their game.  Jones gets almost half his passing yards as YAC - the Pats average 5.6 air yards per completion and 5.5 YAC.

The Pats pass 77% of the time from the Shotgun, and 29% of the time from under Center, which are fairly big disparities.

This is a moot point now since the game is over. But the Pats Oline play struggled in the beginning of the season,  whoever they projected to be the starters at that time...it just wasn't working. Some injuries(Isaiah Wynn..always hurt) had occurred so i don't know  if it forced them to switch some players around or they seen the Oline play in the beginning just wasn't work and Mac Jones was going to get killed so they switched it up anyways. But since they switched some players around on the line, things had gotten better. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.