Jump to content

Bills fans rooting "not to lose"


BADOLBILZ
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Just a reminder that winning is supposed to be fun........not just a relief.

 

We all know the 2020 Bills were the first AFC East team to sweep NE in two decades.

 

But also since 2001 NFL team has beaten Belichick 3 straight times in regular season play.

 

This is how you earn respect.......stacking up wins against the most respected HC in the game.

 

I'm not equating era's but Don Shula used to own the Bills too until the Bills beat him 6 straight times in the late 80's.

 

That tore the unlikeable, underhanded Don Shula up........and you know it will pain Belichick to his core if he loses these upcoming games to the Bills.   It will eat him up.

 

We probably won't ever get the chance to see the Bills send Belichick out quite like they did Shula.........he's not tied to the Patriots like Shula was the Fins.......he'll jump ship to his beloved NY Giants and Mara family before he has to field a team that's half as gutless as those Dolphins were.

 

So don't be a Dick(Jauron)......don't fan "not to lose".   

 

I blame Ralph and his drought for instilling that mentality but it's time to move on and expect success but also relish the W's.   

Why is your post shaped like a short chubby Minnesota?  What's really going on here?

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FrenchConnection said:

For the most part, fans don't enjoy watching their football teams play. It's more a combination of a greek tragedy and torture. Our gameday thread for the Colts game looked exactly like this:

 

 

 

 

I actually don't find this to be true in a general sense.    

 

I am a fan of a number of teams that have won "world championships" and "national championships".

 

Once you get the first one out of the way it's a lot easier to handle the ups and downs, IMO.

 

Bills fans have a number of anxieties built up but for the majority of the fan base winning a SB will change all of that.

 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

 

 

I actually don't find this to be true in a general sense.    

 

I am a fan of a number of teams that have won "world championships" and "national championships".

 

Once you get the first one out of the way it's a lot easier to handle the ups and downs, IMO.

 

Bills fans have a number of anxieties built up but for the majority of the fan base winning a SB will change all of that.

 

Add onto that the Sabres anxiety and the no goal versus Dallas, it wears on a city after a while.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Logic said:

If only there was some other thread discussing the Pats game...

 

 

It's about a lot more than just the Pats game...........for many on here this whole season has been a joyless Jauronian act of rooting not to lose as they try to fast forward back to the AFCCG or Super Bowl.

 

I'm looking forward to winning the games,  not worrying about losing them.  

 

You are thousands of miles from WNY and probably have to drive to a Bills bar to find other fans but I can tell you from being in the stadium that there is a palpable "what the hell is this.....we were promised wins" attitude with the fan base at games.    Not that we don't DESERVE it after the drought........but it just doesn't work that way and a lot of fans don't seem to know that........maybe because prior to last season the team hadn't actually been a SB contender since the days when repeat SB champions were still a thing.

 

 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Billsflyer12 said:

Win or lose, is watching the Bills fun?

 

This is a very good question and one I've been thinking about recently.

 

We all know the misery of watching this team during the drought. Every week I'd be excited for the game, then 5 minutes in I'd be wondering why I was wasting my life when I could have been picking the cheese out from between my toes.

 

Then Allen came along and I was interested again. Then last season happened and it became more than fun, I was hogging wild on so much of the media stuff, listening to what other fans had to say. It wasn't just that we were playing well but we were exciting and had a shiny new QB so many other teams were envious of.

 

This season that feeling peaked with the KC game. I was wired after that game. Since then they've begun to sway back the other way. It's not just the losing but the way they've been playing generally. Penalties, mistakes, sloppy execution. That's the stuff I associate with the drought and I think it's triggered me to have those feelings creeping in again. 

 

Most teams have played the same way this season (look at the Ravens, despite their record). But I don't fixate on the other teams as much so I don't notice it as much with them.

  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, eball said:

 

You and I don't agree often, but this is one of those times.  It sickens me reading all of the worry warts, which is why I'm basically staying off this board until next week.  I expect the Bills to win this game by 10+.  There are a lot of suckers out there believing BB has created "Brady II" in Matt Jones.

 

Jones is a rookie. A very good one but a rookie nonetheless. And, he was not created by BB who has not even coached him for a full season. 

 

As usual, Badol summed it up perfectly.  For 20 years, winning was something of a "relief." Blocking was an afterthought, and we drafted DBs and RBs instead of quarterbacks and blockers. Not only did we remain loyal fans, many of us defended even the dumbest moves (trading Peters, the 2006 draft, etc.). Some still do. 

 

Now, we have a top 5 (if not lower) QB. He is signed long term and is just a kid that will only get smarter and better. He is SO good that we are Super Bowl contenders imo. We can win it all this year but whether we do or not, we have to focus on getting Josh better weapons and protection. This is beyond debate imo. 

  • Awesome! (+1) 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it's not so much bills fans fear losing as much as they are realistic in terms of this teams current status and going against a proven commodity like Belichik who had one down season in transition post Brady.

 

And even some of the media that were all over the Bills up until the last few weeks are realizing what's brewing right now in NE and jumping firmly on that bandwagon for good reason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I think it's not so much bills fans fear losing as much as they are realistic in terms of this teams current status and going against a proven commodity like Belichik who had one down season in transition post Brady.

 

And even some of the media that were all over the Bills up until the last few weeks are realizing what's brewing right now in NE and jumping firmly on that bandwagon for good reason.

Well, in an offensive league it is good to know that Josh is clearly superior to Mac, and I really like Mac. I expect a victory with a quarterback advantage as big as this.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since this team is clearly bipolar, I'm not "expecting" anything. Those hyped up games used to have a weird effect on the Bills, now it's just losses to teams you'd never expect. Allen is turning the ball over way more than he did last season, and against Belichick, that won't fly. 

 

They're playing their best football and definitely won't come in overconfident. It's up to the Bills to show they can impose their will against a Belichick gameplan that will be designed to make us one dimensional. They can do it, but I'm not taking anything for granted. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I think it's not so much bills fans fear losing as much as they are realistic in terms of this teams current status and going against a proven commodity like Belichik who had one down season in transition post Brady.

 

And even some of the media that were all over the Bills up until the last few weeks are realizing what's brewing right now in NE and jumping firmly on that bandwagon for good reason.

You will of course take full responsibility for your trolling on Tuesday after the Bills win, and resign from this board permanently.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Just a reminder that winning is supposed to be fun........not just a relief.

 

We all know the 2020 Bills were the first AFC East team to sweep NE in two decades.

 

So don't be a Dick(Jauron)......don't fan "not to lose".   

 

I blame Ralph and his drought for instilling that mentality but it's time to move on and expect success but also relish the W's.   

I actually needed this reminder as I am dreading losing on the national stage facing the resurrected Pats** hype. Maybe it is BBFS. 

Thanks, really. 

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Once you get the first one out of the way it's a lot easier to handle the ups and downs, IMO.

 

Like losing your v-card. 🙂

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Ralph owned the team during the championship 60's, the loser 70's, the up, down, up 80's, the glory year 90's, and most of the drought. 

Now Ralph's been gone for more than 7 years. 

Stop blaming Ralph for things. 

 

Don't forget the stadium situation. I blame him for a lot, but I've let it go. This is a new team with a new owner, thank God.

  • Eyeroll 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, eball said:

 

You and I don't agree often, but this is one of those times.  It sickens me reading all of the worry warts, which is why I'm basically staying off this board until next week.  I expect the Bills to win this game by 10+.  There are a lot of suckers out there believing BB has created "Brady II" in Matt Jones.

 

 

 

I don't have a margin of victory in mind.   That's irrelevant.   I don't care if the Bills win by just 1 point after a phantom roughing the passer call that the whole country is crying about on Tuesday. :lol:   In fact, it might be better for the re-match if the Pats lost and everyone felt they got jobbed.

 

I'm just thinking about how satisfying it would be with the Bills alone in first place and with the second place team then needing outside help to win the division.   They'd also be very much in the mix for the #1 seed as well.  Oh and that 3rd straight W over Belichick.   That would be sweet driving home from the game early Tuesday am with that being the case.

 

Then it's on to Tampa.

 

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I honestly don't know what to think of this upcoming game. Part of me thinks there's no way Mac Jones can come into buffalo and just lay a whooping on the bills right? Then another part of me remembers the indy game and jags game and I have no clue what version of the bills we'll see. Getting star, brown and Feliciano back shoukd definitely help

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Well, in an offensive league it is good to know that Josh is clearly superior to Mac, and I really like Mac. I expect a victory with a quarterback advantage as big as this.

 

 

Jones has had a tremendous rookie year..........but he is maybe the most immobile QB in the NFL right now...........and his arm isn't impressive.    There is a lot of Chad Pennington to his game but he has maybe the best OL in the league, an effective running game and a combination of good inside receiving targets and excellent coaching that is getting receivers open quickly for the throws he can make.     It's up to teams to find a way to take away the throws he excels at.......force him to make the tougher ones to move the football...........and get more pressure on him.     Fortunately taking away short and intermediate throws and then getting more pressure with that extra bit of time are things that can go hand-in-hand.    They just run contrary to what most of the league is doing on defense. 

  • Awesome! (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

 

 

Jones has had a tremendous rookie year..........but he is maybe the most immobile QB in the NFL right now...........and his arm isn't impressive.    There is a lot of Chad Pennington to his game but he has maybe the best OL in the league, an effective running game and a combination of good inside receiving targets and excellent coaching that is getting receivers open quickly for the throws he can make.     It's up to teams to find a way to take away the throws he excels at.......force him to make the tougher ones to move the football...........and get more pressure on him.     Fortunately taking away short and intermediate throws and then getting more pressure with that extra bit of time are things that can go hand-in-hand.    They just run contrary to what most of the league is doing on defense. 

Excellent Post!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...