Bills fans rooting "not to lose"

BADOLBILZ

Just a reminder that winning is supposed to be fun........not just a relief.

We all know the 2020 Bills were the first AFC East team to sweep NE in two decades.

But also since 2001 NFL team has beaten Belichick 3 straight times in regular season play.

This is how you earn respect.......stacking up wins against the most respected HC in the game.

I'm not equating era's but Don Shula used to own the Bills too until the Bills beat him 6 straight times in the late 80's.

That tore the unlikeable, underhanded Don Shula up........and you know it will pain Belichick to his core if he loses these upcoming games to the Bills.   It will eat him up.

We probably won't ever get the chance to see the Bills send Belichick out quite like they did Shula.........he's not tied to the Patriots like Shula was the Fins.......he'll jump ship to his beloved NY Giants and Mara family before he has to field a team that's half as gutless as those Dolphins were.

So don't be a Dick(Jauron)......don't fan "not to lose".   

I blame Ralph and his drought for instilling that mentality but it's time to move on and expect success but also relish the W's.   

• Like (+1) 20
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 4

You're right.  And the drought did instill that mentality, at least w/ me.

I catch myself sometimes not enjoying wins or our new competitiveness as much these days.  Belichick is like this weird dark cloud that just sort of looms over the game, especially when the Pats are getting this much hype.

• Like (+1) 5

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I'm not equating era's but Don Shula used to own the Bills too until the Bills beat him 6 straight times in the late 80's.

I blame Ralph and his drought for instilling that mentality but it's time to move on and expect success but also relish the W's.   

Ralph owned the team during the championship 60's, the loser 70's, the up, down, up 80's, the glory year 90's, and most of the drought. 

Now Ralph's been gone for more than 7 years. 

Stop blaming Ralph for things. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

Honestly, I'm pretty loose about the Monday night game.  But I'm not out there playing.  I think the Bills will bring their best here.  I'm expecting a win.  It happened quickly but they seem to be back to the underdog role with lots of experts and media jumping back on the NE bandwagon after a year off.  The underdog role seems to get the team playing with an edge to their game.  And not that uptight mistake prone type of performance. 

I'm not concerned about the number one seed or the division title because for some reason, maybe they get too amped up at home, this team plays a more complete and composed game on the road.  For me, just make the playoffs and anything can happen. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I feel pretty good about this game for a couple reasons.

New England is on a super roll and I refuse to believe they won't have a hiccup soon, or this Monday.  Nobody crushes it every week.  Not with a rookie QB.  It's time to pay the Bills.

McD always rally's the troops after a big loss and they did so at New Orleans.  However, getting steamrolled in Orchard Park by Indy has still left a big bruise.  I think Buffalo comes out and protects their home turf. It's a huge emphasis this week I'm sure.  every blade of fake grass will have to be earned by NE.  

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Ralph owned the team during the championship 60's, the loser 70's, the up, down, up 80's, the glory year 90's, and most of the drought. 

No, you can still ALWAYS blame Ralph, it is what it is.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

After the way we played against the Jags & Colts, I doubt the Bills are going to lose 2 straight at home. Mac Jones is not as good as Wentz and Harris is no Taylor.  Punch them and Hoodie in the mouth. Watch that phone fly. Stop being pushed around and do the pushing. 

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Like (+1) 3

58 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

We all know the 2020 Bills were the first AFC East team to sweep NE in two decades.

But also since 2001 NFL team has beaten Belichick 3 straight times in regular season play.

This is how you earn respect.......stacking up wins against the most respected HC in the game.

That tore the unlikeable, underhanded Don Shula up........and you know it will pain Belichick to his core if he loses these upcoming games to the Bills.   It will eat him up.

We probably won't ever get the chance to see the Bills send Belichick out quite like they did Shula.........he's not tied to the Patriots like Shula was the Fins.......he'll jump ship to his beloved NY Giants and Mara family before he has to field a team that's half as gutless as those Dolphins were.

I was just thinking the other day that in the draught years, I would be panicking right now (after Tre’s injury) and preparing mentally for the inevitable downward spiral. 

Happily, I do not feel like that now.  I believe enough in this team to believe they will do what it takes to win the division. McD is good against rookies and I believe he will find a way to beat Jones twice. 

55 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

YES! Stop blaming Ralph. It's almost 2022 now.

We blame Tre Edmunds like normal rational civilized human beings.

Edited by No Place To Hyde
  • Haha (+1) 8

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

You and I don't agree often, but this is one of those times.  It sickens me reading all of the worry warts, which is why I'm basically staying off this board until next week.  I expect the Bills to win this game by 10+.  There are a lot of suckers out there believing BB has created "Brady II" in Matt Jones.

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.