Tre White knee injury UPDATE: Out for the Season Notification top of page 1

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

I knew my post would be very unpopular here. I get the blow back and why most here want to remain positive. This in one guy the Bills couldn't afford to lose. The Bills were already vunernable in the trenches, inconsistent pass rush, and a suspect running game. How in the world do you think they can overcome the loss of their lockdown corner? One of the top 3 corners in the league. Take off your Bills homer cap and realize that the Bills season has dramatically changed for the worse. This team will be fortunate to make the playoffs and if so it's a one and done. No comments necessary. Just shake your head in disgust.

They will make the playoff but it will be tough from there because White is our best defender.  

44 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

White is not just a great CB he was a team leader and very popular with his teammates. We're going to miss him for sure

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Yeah, the Bills are flawed multi-fold though. I really have a hard time getting over these delusions of grandeur that we are some hidden contender. Or even a favorite. The Bills are a middle of the pack team that may win one playoff game(with or without Tre.) The field is so tight right now they may not get in at all. 

McD got out coached by Reich, Tomlin, Vrabel and Urban f’in Meyer. This team needs a retooling of sorts cause right now, we are like the Chiefs….figured out. 

Relax. Wait until the next game before you're ready to throw the season away. If the Bills treat the patriots like a little brother and whoop up on them, the season is not lost. Tom Brady is really the only QB with big enough weapons to really do harm on our defense with a missing corner left on the schedule. This team has laid some stinkers but the AFC is anyones race and it will come down to match ups in the playoffs. 

6 minutes ago, Mattymafia said:

Relax. Wait until the next game before you're ready to throw the season away. If the Bills treat the patriots like a little brother and whoop up on them, the season is not lost. Tom Brady is really the only QB with big enough weapons to really do harm on our defense with a missing corner left on the schedule. This team has laid some stinkers but the AFC is anyones race and it will come down to match ups in the playoffs. 

I am relaxed, just call them as I see them without the assistance of red and blue tinted glasses. 

The Bills could smoke the Pats in their mouth and it wouldn’t change my thinking about the current state of affair. 

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

Even without Tre, on paper we still have a decent roster and should be able to have one eye on going deep into the season. However, we have to face facts, we have very clear issues with the team which has not been addressed despite numerous 'warning' signs and that was WITH Tre in the team. You can hope yesterday's match outlined some progress on offence but it was against a beaten up Saints.

Am I being pessimistic or realistic? Maybe a bit of both. Tre's injury for me doesn't change much in my mind - we were and are not, for what ever reason, ready for a deep run into the post season.

Get well soon, Tre.

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I knew my post would be very unpopular here. I get the blow back and why most here want to remain positive. This in one guy the Bills couldn't afford to lose. The Bills were already vunernable in the trenches, inconsistent pass rush, and a suspect running game. How in the world do you think they can overcome the loss of their lockdown corner? One of the top 3 corners in the league. Take off your Bills homer cap and realize that the Bills season has dramatically changed for the worse. This team will be fortunate to make the playoffs and if so it's a one and done. No comments necessary. Just shake your head in disgust.

Sure, like no team has EVER won anything with a starter injured.  

You should just stop watching and stop posting.  

• Agree 1

I don't think that this is as big of a deal as some are making it our to be.

I like Tre, and he's got above average instincts and ball skills, but physically and athletically he doesn't stand out amongst many of his peers.

The will shift some help Jackson's way and maybe play a little less aggressive in the secondary to mitigate the drop off in talent.

These guys can still run with anyone when they are on their game

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

So you think the loss of one player is going to completely crater the defense?  I also do not anticipate a massive drop off….a little, yes. Massive, no. 

There’s a lot of room between expecting a huge drop off between a pro bowl player and “completely crater the defense”.  I didn’t say the latter 

4 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Misdirected hostility much?

Like I said, I wasn't as worried about running it back as others were as I felt Wallace was underrated and Dane showed a lot of promise his Rookie season. But in losing White with very little depth behind him, when there were opportunities to improve the situation, at the very least in the Draft is now a very dubious decision and there's really no arguing it anymore. 

Totally should be in an nfl front office bro. The Pegulas are missing out on your second guessing Beane. 

• Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, BeastMaster said:

I don't think that this is as big of a deal as some are making it our to be.

I like Tre, and he's got above average instincts and ball skills, but physically and athletically he doesn't stand out amongst many of his peers.

The will shift some help Jackson's way and maybe play a little less aggressive in the secondary to mitigate the drop off in talent.

These guys can still run with anyone when they are on their game

I don’t think you understand how good Tre is. Qbs literally ignore his side of the field and don’t throw his way because he is that good. Wrs simply don’t get separation 

• Like (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, Chicagobills said:

I don’t think you understand how good Tre is. Qbs literally ignore his side of the field and don’t throw his way because he is that good. Wrs simply don’t get separation 

Most are still in the denial phase I think. This new narrative of "it'll be alright, just play more zone" is comfort food.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, Just in Atlanta said:

As good as he is, and he is very good, I find it hard to believe his absence will sink the secondary. We have the best secondary in the league, and Tre white is one reason. Not the whole reason.

He is most of the reason.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.