Lil Dirty - Benched (update - He’s back and better than ever)

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

McK is obviously sending a message since his mistake effectively ended the game for us against the Colts. 

Not sure why you're defending Butler as he's been absolute butt cheeks out there. 

Butler didn't sign himself. And McKenzie was far from the problem last week. How many mistakes has he made this year? One? So when you are building a culture and a family you kick a guy to the curb after one error? Yeah. That's what makes it BS. If we are benching guys for mistakes there is a long list ahead of Isaiah McKenzie that deserve to sit down.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

McK is obviously sending a message since his mistake effectively ended the game for us against the Colts. 

Not sure why you're defending Butler as he's been absolute butt cheeks out there. 

It didn’t end the game but it was a huge turning point.  I think they’ve been wanting to get Stevenson in there for awhile and this is a great chance. He’s from Shreveport, which is just cool to be playing him in the super dome, saints have no film on him etc. McKenzie needs to earn his job everyday, pretty sure this kid was drafted to replace him.

not sure why anyone would defend butler! 

7 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Butler didn't sign himself. And McKenzie was far from the problem last week. How many mistakes has he made this year? One? So when you are building a culture and a family you kick a guy to the curb after one error? Yeah. That's what makes it BS. If we are benching guys for mistakes there is a long list ahead of Isaiah McKenzie that deserve to sit down.

We signed Butler. It obviously hasn't worked out, so they have taken accountability and benched him. How is this a problem?

McK has had many more issues beyond the fumble. The blown squib kick against WFT, muffing a punt against Miami, bad choices for free kicks, bad choices to return, etc. I think he's out of his element as a returner. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

When it falls on the administratiob this is what you see. They bench players with minimal impact rather than players who actually matter who have been bad but don't have good replacements because other people in management suck at their job. Then they call it accountability even though there have been other people who are way more culpable for the issue still playing and coaches who have done a terrible job preparing the team still collecting checks.

Congrats McKenzie and Butler etc, you are the scapegoats and the last gasp because if this doesn't work then actual introspection will be required.

Raise your hand if you think Isaiah McKenzie has been what's wrong with this offense.

He just a guy like the others who are out, not a difference maker. That's what coaches do to send a message, they shuffle the JAGs who are in the doghouse.

• Agree 2

Sometimes fan reactions are real head-scratchers.  So McKittrick was benched, it it THAT big of a deal?  Maybe it's just for a game, maybe he IS hurt, maybe it's just time for the rook.  IDK, but it's not like they're benching Diggs or something...  :beer:

7 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I like Isaih, but he's made 2 critical return errors this season. Colts and WFT game.  He's not getting used on offense, and Speedy was specifically drafted to replace Roberts.  Kumerow over Isaih can be debated, but he brings better blocking and STs.

Butler was a big part of thr problem last week, he got absolutely man handled all game and has done absolutely nothing this season.  Good for the staff/admin to bench him.  

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

We signed Butler. It obviously hasn't worked out, so they have taken accountability and benched him. How is this a problem?

McK has had many more issues beyond the fumble. The blown squib kick against WFT, muffing a punt against Miami, bad choices for free kicks, bad choices to return, etc. I think he's out of his element as a returner. 

I stand by what I said. There is a long list of people who have made more and more impactful mistake than McKenzie who are still playing. When they keep playing it's not accountability it's playing favorites and it undercuts the whole message they have been promoting.

On merit Cody Ford deserves to be released and replaced with a street free agent. He hasn't been and he won't be, but he's one of the staff's boys.

1 minute ago, Heitz said:

Sometimes fan reactions are real head-scratchers.  So McKittrick was benched, it it THAT big of a deal?  Maybe it's just for a game, maybe he IS hurt, maybe it's just time for the rook.  IDK, but it's not like they're benching Diggs or something...  :beer:

Don't misundstand me. I'm not upset that McKenzie was sat. I'm upset that that he was the only one of note who was sat after the tripe they've put out there.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I stand by what I said. There is a long list of people who have made more and more impactful mistake than McKenzie who are still playing. When they keep playing it's not accountability it's playing favorites and it undercuts the whole message they have been promoting.

On merit Cody Ford deserves to be released and replaced with a street free agent. He hasn't been and he won't be, but he's one of the staff's boys.

Don't misundstand me. I'm not upset that McKenzie was sat. I'm upset that that he was the only one of note who was sat after the tripe they've put out there.

So who else do you want cut? Unfortunately, we simply don't have the depth to release Ford outright though I would like him off the team. 

The staff has shown plenty of times they cut their "boys" like Zay Jones. 

5 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Guys like Diggs can fumble at a big moment and not be benched because they’ve built up a million credits opposed to that one debit. Guys like moss and McKenzie don’t have that luxury. Tough business but it is, a business.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Butler didn't sign himself. And McKenzie was far from the problem last week. How many mistakes has he made this year? One?

No, not one.

I can think of 3 muffs off the top of my head and several times where he caught the ball within the 10 yard line and pinned our offense back deep.

50 minutes ago, Process said:

He's not hurt. Probably just frustrated. O well he really doesn't offer anything. Let's see what Stevenson can do.

Really love the decisions to bench Moss Butler and McKenzie. McDermott hopefully sending a message that sucking *** won't be acceptable.

I agree with this.

It does suck for McKenzie but he hasn't been noticible this season and, on top of that, his fumble

literally seemed like the straw that broke the camels back last week.

6 minutes ago, 716er said:

Big KcKenzie fan but he has done nothing this year a player off the street couldn't do. Let's see what the rookie has.

Well this Coaching Staff treats Sanders and Beasley as if they’re etched in stone as starters. 

So McKenzie and Davis get scraps left over. 

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.