Bills Carolina game set for SUNDAY Dec 19th

Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

Game will not be flexed to Saturday

Saturday games will be NE Indy and Vegas Cleveland.

Makes me made as I live in NC so the one game this year that guaranteed to be on local TV would be this one, except I'm going to be out of town in Philly area, and now Eagles are playing game at same time also on Fox.  So no local TV for me.  Guess I'll need to travel up to Buffalo again.

16 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Game will not be flexed to Saturday

Saturday games will be NE Indy and Vegas Cleveland.

Makes me made as I live in NC so the one game this year that guaranteed to be on local TV would be this one, except I'm going to be out of town in Philly area, and now Eagles are playing game at same time also on Fox.  So no local TV for me.  Guess I'll need to travel up to Buffalo again.

You can find a Bills Backers bar in Philadelphia

All good by me. But more proof that the Bills have lost their luster as a serious playoff contender. If the Bills were still perceived as the "Hot" and "Glamorous"  team they were 3 weeks ago, this game is given national prominence. Instead it's seen as just another Sunday game. The Bills will need to win both Thanksgiving, AND the Patriots game to get back to national prominence. They can only blame themselves, with their weak and soft play the last month.      

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 8

11 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

All good by me. But more proof that the Bills have lost their luster as a serious playoff contender. If the Bills were still perceived as the "Hot" and "Glamorous"  team they were 3 weeks ago, this game is given national prominence. Instead it's seen as just another Sunday game. The Bills will need to win both Thanksgiving, AND the Patriots game to get back to national prominence. They can only blame themselves, with their weak and soft play the last month.      

You're so certain that this has everything to do with the Bills and not the tiniest bit about the Panthers?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mark Vader said:

You're so certain that this has everything to do with the Bills and not the tiniest bit about the Panthers?

I can see the Pats - Colt game having more luster, but the Raiders - Browns? The Panthers aren't much worse than either the Browns-Raiders, and now have Cam Newton. If the Bills didn't self-immolate themselves against the Colts/Jags I believe they would have been the choice. Bills are now a 7 seed (Barely). If they were still the 2 seed (Which they would have been if they were playing legit football, and had players who care about playing actual football games Star/Brown Vs. making political statements), Much more compelling game.   

2 hours ago, Ross Murdock said:

5 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I feel this is likely based on markets. Vegas and Boston games were selected.

Market size likely does play into it though wonder if it's the only game does it matter?

In fairness NE, Indy, Cleveland, and Vegas have all been viewed as potential playoff teams as have the Bills, but Carolina hasn't exactly been viewed that way.  Admittedly Carolina is about as close to getting in as any of these other teams purely based on standings.  By Dec 19th, much can change either way.

Why would the game ever be flexed? It’s not even a conference game. Anyone making it about more than that is just in their feelings. The Bills are the showcase game thanksgiving night, followed by MNF. They are a huge draw. An nfc matchup with a meh team, however, isn’t a big playoff implication game and that’s what they try to flex at that point in the season. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Why would the game ever be flexed? It’s not even a conference game. Anyone making it about more than that is just in their feelings. The Bills are the showcase game thanksgiving night, followed by MNF. They are a huge draw. An nfc matchup with a meh team, however, isn’t a big playoff implication game and that’s what they try to flex at that point in the season. 

Thought the same. Not sure what would make anyone think it would be. Maybe someone thought, "Coach McD/Beane playing their former team" and for some odd reason thought fLeX GaMe possible.....I don't see why though lol

14 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Market size likely does play into it though wonder if it's the only game does it matter?

In fairness NE, Indy, Cleveland, and Vegas have all been viewed as potential playoff teams as have the Bills, but Carolina hasn't exactly been viewed that way.  Admittedly Carolina is about as close to getting in as any of these other teams purely based on standings.  By Dec 19th, much can change either way.

I figured our game would be selected because of the storylines. Panthers still very much in the hunt. Carolina-to-Buffalo pipeline. Return of Cam. 

20 hours ago, Ross Murdock said:

I think this is more about Carolina. SF, Philly & Min all look more likely to be competitive for the 6-7 NFC slots at this point.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.