Dietary Performance and the Bills' Nutritionist for Thursday

BringBackFergy

As a few of you know, I had a minor in Dietary Performance from my undergrad school.  I don't speak out on these subjects often but felt the need to make my position known as we approach a rather significant game in our season.

First, I won't denigrate our current team nutritionist, but let me say this: there are certain foods that fuel the mind, and others that fuel the body.  The Buffalo Bills' nutritionist is sacrificing enhanced body strength for strength of mind by setting out a diet for players that lacks imagination and well founded principles of dietary performance.

As for Thanksgiving:  Whatever the team nutritionist does, the players need to stay away from the following foods on Thursday morning:

Yogurt, granola, apples, chicken, steamed fish, rice, carrots, kiwi and Nutella.  These items have all been shown in certain studies to create a high level of serotonin which is counter-productive in developing a fast/strong core for a six hour window between meal and sport.

Here's the best menu for Thanksgiving morning/afternoon in my opinion (again, I have a background in dietary performance but I chose a different career)

1) Chocolate Milk (restores necessary electrolytes and refreshes/restores Vitamin C and D)

2) Pickled herring and pickled beets (vinegar is a well known anti-coagulant and elevates virility)

3) Ravioli or stuffed shells (full stomach = satisfaction = ability to concentrate on the game)

4) Celery, saltines, Microwave popcorn, roasted peanuts are known "quick carbs" that give you a jolt of energy both mentally and physically

5) Any type of stuffing with a chicken based gravy is a safe carb that can boost Vitamin C and D for enhanced mental acuity

6) Angel food cake with pumpkin frosting to add a Thanksgiving touch and maintain sugar levels in the blood/circulatory systems and muscle mass

7) One of my favorites for a steady release of core power is Newman's Own frozen pizza supreme (laugh all you want but the ingredients are torn straight from a 2003 study at UCLA that tracked dietary performance among high schoolers who only had thirty minutes for dinner before gameday and their success rate dwarfed those who ate dinner over a longer period of time at the dinner table).

Just some thoughts I had and you may not agree...that's fine.  But our team trainers and nutritionists should look deeper into dietary performance after last week's game.  We need to cure the lethargy and apathy we witnessed on the sidelines.  Fire away.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

As a few of you know, I had a minor in Dietary Performance from my undergrad school.  I don't speak out on these subjects often but felt the need to make my position known as we approach a rather significant game in our season.

First, I won't denigrate our current team nutritionist, but let me say this: there are certain foods that fuel the mind, and others that fuel the body.  The Buffalo Bills' nutritionist is sacrificing enhanced body strength for strength of mind by setting out a diet for players that lacks imagination and well founded principles of dietary performance.

As for Thanksgiving:  Whatever the team nutritionist does, the players need to stay away from the following foods on Thursday morning:

Yogurt, granola, apples, chicken, steamed fish, rice, carrots, kiwi and Nutella.  These items have all been shown in certain studies to create a high level of serotonin which is counter-productive in developing a fast/strong core for a six hour window between meal and sport.

Here's the best menu for Thanksgiving morning/afternoon in my opinion (again, I have a background in dietary performance but I chose a different career)

1) Chocolate Milk (restores necessary electrolytes and refreshes/restores Vitamin C and D)

2) Pickled herring and pickled beets (vinegar is a well known anti-coagulant and elevates virility)

3) Ravioli or stuffed shells (full stomach = satisfaction = ability to concentrate on the game)

4) Celery, saltines, Microwave popcorn, roasted peanuts are known "quick carbs" that give you a jolt of energy both mentally and physically

5) Any type of stuffing with a chicken based gravy is a safe carb that can boost Vitamin C and D for enhanced mental acuity

6) Angel food cake with pumpkin frosting to add a Thanksgiving touch and maintain sugar levels in the blood/circulatory systems and muscle mass

7) One of my favorites for a steady release of core power is Newman's Own frozen pizza supreme (laugh all you want but the ingredients are torn straight from a 2003 study at UCLA that tracked dietary performance among high schoolers who only had thirty minutes for dinner before gameday and their success rate dwarfed those who ate dinner over a longer period of time at the dinner table).

Just some thoughts I had and you may not agree...that's fine.  But our team trainers and nutritionists should look deeper into dietary performance after last week's game.  We need to cure the lethargy and apathy we witnessed on the sidelines.  Fire away.

Newman's Own frozen pizza supreme has long been known in certain circles as a legal, store-bought PED.

3 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Should do keto meals eggs, fish, steak get rid of the useless carbs

20 minutes ago, Xwnyer said:

Should do keto meals eggs, fish, steak get rid of the useless carbs

Or just fire the team nutritionist. They need a diet full of protein packed foods like Doritos, grapes and Stouffers pizza. Quick hitting food for quick hitting production on the field. Not sure what your background is re. Dietary Performance. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

He/she is failing miserably. Body (the right food) fuels the mind. Concentrate on food for the body. Our team is lethargic. 

But how do you know that? Did you read something somewhere?

4 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Or just fire the team nutritionist. They need a diet full of protein packed foods like Doritos, grapes and Stouffers pizza. Quick hitting food for quick hitting production on the field. Not sure what your background is re. Dietary Performance. 

This is the hint that this thread is a joke. Doritos and grapes do not have protein, and Stouffer's doesn't make pizza (well, except a "French bread" one).

9 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Where the hell is the turkey??

1 hour ago, MJS said:

But how do you know that? Did you read something somewhere?

Go back and review the “Grand Opening” of McDermott/Pegula training center. It’s all yogurt, fish and spring water…some of the worst things to create a warrior body on the field. We’re in need of protein packed foods and those that add energy. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.