NFL fines Jets' C.J. Mosley $15,450 for unnecessary roughness vs. Bills

HOUSE

The Jets suffered a lopsided 45-17 loss to the Buffalo Bills last Sunday, and now linebacker C.J. Mosley has even more reason to want to forget that game entirely.

The NFL announced on Saturday that Mosley has been fined $15,450 for unnecessary roughness that occurred on a third-quarter hit of Bills tight end Dawson Knox.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-fines-jets-c-j-211041565.html

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BigAl2526 said:

Was there an unnecessary roughness penalty on the play?

I don't think there was and it was one of those plays where it looked worse than it was. Also it was a play where the defender had already determined where he was going to make the hit and Knox had to reach backwards for the ball.  Hard to say there was real intent there.  I'm surprised it generated a fine. 

I understand the need to protect players and I am not one of those guys that thinks the golden era of football was when you could decapitate someone.  However I really think they need to review these plays more closely. It's pretty common where the offensive player changes the strike zone at the last second. Yes it ends up a bad hit but it's not the defender's fault.  It's fairly easy to see by replay if the defender's angle of attack would have been fine except for the WR or RB has now changed position.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The question is do these fines go towards league’s contribution to the new Bills Stadium? If so I say…bring ‘em on! 😉

The fines collected do not go to the NFL, but instead are donated through the NFL Foundation to assist Legends in need. (Programs are mutually agreed upon by the NFL and NFLPA in the CBA.) Since 2011, about $4 million a year has been used to assist former players.

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

The question is do these fines go towards league’s contribution to the new Bills Stadium? If so I say…bring ‘em on! 😉

The fines collected do not go to the NFL, but instead are donated through the NFL Foundation to assist Legends in need. (Programs are mutually agreed upon by the NFL and NFLPA in the CBA.) Since 2011, about $4 million a year has been used to assist former players.

1 minute ago, mikemac2001 said:

It was sarcasm. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.