Julio Jones placed on IR

TBBills

• TBBills changed the title to Julio Jones placed on IR
9 minutes ago, Doc said:

That and already losing Henry are 2 big blows.

Big blow??

What a dud this trade was for the Titans.  Not that they gave up much, but they certainly haven't gotten anything either.  They guy has already missed 3 games in half a season now 3 more.  He's caught 21 passes.  Last season he missed 5 of the last 6 and 7 overall.

51 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

What’s depressing is that he’s 32.  I feel like it was yesterday I was watching him play in college.

I routinely see an old movie or listen to a song that was great just yesterday when I suddenly realize that was thirty or forty years ago.

Also, there's a strange old man looking at me every time I stare in the mirror. Really creepy the way he mimicks everything I do.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Big blow??

What a dud this trade was for the Titans.  Not that they gave up much, but they certainly haven't gotten anything either.  They guy has already missed 3 games in half a season now 3 more.  He's caught 21 passes.  Last season he missed 5 of the last 6 and 7 overall.

His presence commands attention and they're 5-1 with him. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

His presence commands attention and they're 5-1 with him. 

They were 11-5 without him last year.  So what?  He has one big game and the rest he was good for 30-40 yards.  Gets a couple of looks a game on one of the worst passing teams in the league (to this point, worse than they were last year without him).  That's not commanding.

12 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

They were 11-5 without him last year.  So what?  He has one big game and the rest he was good for 30-40 yards.  Gets a couple of looks a game on one of the worst passing teams in the league (to this point, worse than they were last year without him).  That's not commanding.

So when he lines up, they say "well, the Titans were 11-5 last year without him so we don't have to worry about him?"  LOL, no.  He commands attention which allowed more freedom for Henry, which in turn helped the passing game.  Which is why I said losing both is a big blow.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Doc said:

So when he lines up, they say "well, the Titans were 11-5 last year without him so we don't have to worry about him?"  LOL, no.  He commands attention which allowed more freedom for Henry, which in turn helped the passing game.  Which is why I said losing both is a big blow.

Titans were #2 rushing team (Henry 126 ypg) without Jones last year.  #4 and Henry 117 ypg this year.  He has "helped the passing game" to fewer ypg than last season.

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Titans were #2 rushing team (Henry 126 ypg) without Jones last year.  #4 and Henry 117 ypg this year.  He has "helped the passing game" to fewer ypg than last season.

Those stats are with Jones missing 3 games.  And the Titans are 7-2 after 9 games instead of 6-3 last year, and would have won that Jets game if they had Jones in the lineup.

Look, there's no disputing that Jones is a difference-maker when he's on the field.  And I stand by what I said about losing both as being a big blow to the offense.

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

Those stats are with Jones missing 3 games.  And the Titans are 7-2 after 9 games instead of 6-3 last year, and would have won that Jets game if they had Jones in the lineup.

Look, there's no disputing that Jones is a difference-maker when he's on the field.  And I stand by what I said about losing both as being a big blow to the offense.

lol, because you say so?  They lost because Tannehill was getting destroyed--7 sacks (yet they still put up 15 4th Q points to tie the game into OT) and the D couldn't stop the great Zach "Mr. 4thQ" Wilson.  But, because you say so, Jones and his 3 catches for 40 yards would have changed the outcome.  Sure doc.

You keep saying he's a difference maker yet you can't point to an actual difference he has made for the majority of the season.  He's contributed 13 1st downs (on 31 targets) out of a team total of 201 and zero TDs.   Neither their running game nor their passing game is better this year because of him.  That's not a difference maker, unless you are redefining the term..

28 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

lol, because you say so?  They lost because Tannehill was getting destroyed--7 sacks (yet they still put up 15 4th Q points to tie the game into OT) and the D couldn't stop the great Zach "Mr. 4thQ" Wilson.  But, because you say so, Jones and his 3 catches for 40 yards would have changed the outcome.  Sure doc.

You keep saying he's a difference maker yet you can't point to an actual difference he has made for the majority of the season.  He's contributed 13 1st downs (on 31 targets) out of a team total of 201 and zero TDs.   Neither their running game nor their passing game is better this year because of him.  That's not a difference maker, unless you are redefining the term..

It’s not just me. I bet if you asked most people they would say that his presence would’ve gotten them the win over the Jets.  Again for reasons that go beyond just his individual statistics.  It’s the reason you add a guy like him and expect/hope for him to stay healthy all season for you.

Edited by Doc

26 minutes ago, Doc said:

It’s not just me. I bet if you asked most people they would say that his presence would’ve gotten them the win over the Jets.  Again for reasons that go beyond just his individual statistics.  It’s the reason you add a guy like him and expect/hope for him to stay healthy all season for you.

and beyond the team's stats too?  To a place that can't be known or articulated, other than a bunch of people who might, like you, simply decide it's true?  There's no reason to believe he would been the difference in that game.  

And no one is arguing about WHY they wanted him and what they EXPECTED and  HOPED for.  I'm saying it's overwhelmingly clear they didn't get that.  

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

and beyond the team's stats too?  To a place that can't be known or articulated, other than a bunch of people who might, like you, simply decide it's true?  There's no reason to believe he would been the difference in that game.  

And no one is arguing about WHY they wanted him and what they EXPECTED and  HOPED for.  I'm saying it's overwhelmingly clear they didn't get that.  

Yeah they didn’t get it because he’s been injured for a third of their games so far and now it will be more.  I think at the very least we can argue that if he’s not playing he can’t help the team.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah they didn’t get it because he’s been injured for a third of their games so far and now it will be more.  I think at the very least we can argue that if he’s not playing he can’t help the team.

Well that's certainly a true statement.

Henry is the actual big loss.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.