OBJ to Rams

YoloinOhio

13 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

Sounds familiar

i know you are joking, but it is a little different. We need to run just enough to keep teams honest. The Rams passing game depends a little more on their run game and ability to Throw play action. They need those backs to get some consistent yards all game. We just need like a handful of positive carries— which seems pretty impossible at the moment! 

15 minutes ago, BTB said:

One diva(DeSean Jackson) wants out, and another diva(OBJ) replaces him.  Gee....I wonder how this story ends?

I think McVay is an amazing offensive coach, but his ego could be getting in the way with the OBJ signing. The Rams were doing fine with their current roster. This is basically McVay saying that other teams aren’t smart or talented enough to properly utilize OBJ. It leaves no room for the fact that OBJ might be washed up. They have to plan on feeding him the ball, or he isn’t going to be pleased. I think that’s a huge risk for a good team, especially when you don’t know how good OBJ is at this point. He’ll still demand the targets, even if he can’t perform. 

It'll be very interesting next season seeing how the Bills handle the last year before JA's huge money kicks in.

Are you for splurging for a very good shot at the Super Bowl?

Or, would you prefer another attempt similar to this off-season?

Me?  I hope we go for broke. Though first and foremost I hope we really nail the draft and I really love that we have all our picks plus two extra. If Beane is good we can fix a multitude of things just from the draft.....

But FA comes first and if there's a dominating guard who just finished up his fourth year and is a FA, preferably from an AFC foe, I'd love signing him.  Then perhaps a surprise DT signing? Or outside CB?  Or, a big running back? I think we to go RB in the 2nd round if Moss and Singletary are indicators of what third round pick RBs are. Maybe draft one in the 2nd and sign another big back to a modest contract to back him up. Really fill out the team in FA, turn a page along the DL and save money that way.....Use the first rounder on a DT to play with Star (But let go of Hughes and Addison) let go of Ed.....

Sign a bigger Vet at DT for the rotation..... Draft OL with 3rd, and 4th round picks if they are there.... Really rebuild both lines.... Get the power RB we need.... Maybe upgrade TE #2.... so we can play 12 offense a lot. Get a speed receiver to compete with Stevenson for a spot. Maybe Hodgins pans out as a big WR for us too.... Maybe sign a free agent WR as well if we let Sanders and Beasley go. Get big at WR (and fast) like Dallas, San Diego And Tampa Bay. Diggs would still be #1.....

If McBeane chooses, we could really make over the Bills if they chose to. (And I would really love it if we became an offense that runs a lot of 12 with big backs. A good, tough line.  And Allen ready to utilize it next season..... Maybe Sweeney can grow into a good #3 TE by next season? Or one of the other guys .....

Beane would have to be pretty mature admitting huge mistakes in the third round..... But, right now, that's what I think they were. I was a big Singletary fan heading into this season. I thought his good attributes would win out over the bad . But right now, it looks like the opposite. Same with Moss..... Get me clones of Marshawn and Fred. Get me a second all around tough TE to pair with Knox.....

I'd love it!

Go Bills!

8 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

He is having a really good year.  I guess my point is that he has been in the league so long and put up some great numbers but has never won a thing.  While that may be on Detroit, it's hard to trust a QB that has never won anything.  This is his 13th year.

I lived in MI from 2011-2016, so I saw more than my share of Lions games.

Stafford is a talented QB that, in my opinion, was not a strong enough personality to overcome the ever-smoldering tire fire of dysfunction that is the Lions. There were teams during his tenure that were talented, but they were never disciplined and you could count on them to always be self-defeating. I don't think his soft-spoken style was enough to get players in line and overcome it.

To your earlier post about Calvin Johnson, I actually think Johnson's early retirement forced Stafford to become a better QB. I think the Rams were looking for his talent, not necessarily his leadership, and I wouldn't count him out in this situation when his isn't necessarily the voice in the room being relied on to hold players accountable.

25 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

i know you are joking, but it is a little different. We need to run just enough to keep teams honest. The Rams passing game depends a little more on their run game and ability to Throw play action. They need those backs to get some consistent yards all game. We just need like a handful of positive carries— which seems pretty impossible at the moment! 

I agree with ya. Jax is still just so fresh lol

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Rico said:

Rams still need a QB.

Rico, gotta disagree with you. Stafford got that team to the playoffs three times pretty much on his own, and we are talking about the worst org in pro sports. And they lost a playoff game in the worst possible way to the Cowboys: utterly egregious officiating. They had that game won with competent refs.

Edited by dave mcbride

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Rico, gotta disagree with you. Stafford got that team to the playoffs twice, and we are talking about the worst org in pro sports. And they lost a playoff game in the worst possible way to the Cowboys: utterly egregious officiating. They had that game won with competent refs.

Did you watch Rams-Titans Sunday night? Vintage Stafford.

50 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

He is having a really good year.  I guess my point is that he has been in the league so long and put up some great numbers but has never won a thing.  While that may be on Detroit, it's hard to trust a QB that has never won anything.  This is his 13th year.

The Lions are a trash organization. The fact that he has gotten that team to the playoffs is impressive enough to me.

I'm not one of those "wins aren't a QB stat" kind of guys, but in this particular instance, I don't think Stafford has ever really had a shot to show what he can do until now.

Just now, John from Riverside said:

I think Von Miller helps them but OBJ doesn’t move the needle

And he wouldn’t of moved the needle for us the only thing that helps us is improved blocking

agreed. Just a waste of money by the Rams. There were a lot of “contending” teams where OBJ could have gone and caught a bunch of balls and maybe made a difference.  He picked one where they run the ball a lot and spread it around a lot— it’s like a better version of the browns. He might get like 3 catches per game, if that. 

1 hour ago, SWATeam said:

LOL, if they take Woods off the field for Beckham they're idiots

They won't. The only one losing targets here is Van Jefferson. Poor guy must have been flying high ever since they cut Jackson and didn't sign any WRs at the trade deadline. Whoops.

Just now, dave mcbride said:

Fine with me! The last team i want to face in the SB is the Rams in their home stadium.

Fair take but the number of actual Rams fans that would be there would be minimal. They don’t have a lot to begin with and their last game it was Paris Hilton and bunch of celebrities 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.