How about trying Antonio Williams?

SuperBills12

Might it be a good time use Antonio Williams in the run game? He's a bigger and more physical back. Although we have limited film, he did appear to have that burst we are lacking. Thoughts?

Clip: https://www.nfl.com/videos/williams-find-opening-for-second-td-on-the-day

Edited by SuperBills12
  • Like (+1) 5

I am sure pretty much everything is on the table at this point. I don’t think any player not playing currently is making a difference. If you want to run you have to commit to it. I think we had less than 10 attempts again. That’s just not gonna get anyone in a rhythm.

If you want to establish a run game you need at least 20 attempts in a game. We may not be efficient, we may average 2 yards a carry for awhile. Some games it may not work, but I’m of the mindset you still have to try. I don’t care what combo or how they’d like to distribute carries but I think the majority of fans don’t want to see designed runs for Allen anymore, and they don’t want to see 40+ pass attempts when we cannot execute pass protection. If they choose to pound Williams up the middle or try and get Breida around the edge or make a gap for singletary I’m good with it. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Sugar High JA17 said:

Williams!!!! We need guys like this to help too...Teller33560189_ScreenShot2021-11-08at2_18_48PM.png.a44d96923f0aac064e2548cd9c0b4815.png

Back up the truck. He’s gonna be a free agent. Speaks well of Buffalo and his time there. 

23 minutes ago, shane nelson said:

We need a physical power runner.  From what I have seen, which is limited, he could be that guy.  I like both Singletary and Moss, but they appear to be the same type of back.  We need a bruiser.    

Moss is absolutely a bruiser.

29 minutes ago, cage said:

I think they should consider going with Brieda and Williams.  Have Singletary take a seat, plus assuming Moss my be out.  

And how do these guys do in regards to Blitz pick ups....I would not bring both up and they are missing speed form the RB position imo there is no threat of the RB beating you to the edge

1 hour ago, SuperBills12 said:

Might it be a good time use Antonio Williams in the run game? He's a bigger and more physical back. Although we have limited film, he did appear to have that burst we are lacking. Thoughts?

Clip: https://www.nfl.com/videos/williams-find-opening-for-second-td-on-the-day

Do you honestly think changing running backs is going to make any difference when it’s been well established that our backs have INCHES when it comes to YAC?   Many straws has been grasped here over the past 24 hours

• Agree 1

I like this thread. Realistic fixes to problems rather than just b*tching about Beane not constructing the perfect team.

Williams would be a nice replacement for Moss, short term. See if he has more juice... he'll definitely "want it" more than Moss.

This might be a hot take, but I wouldn't mind giving BOTH Breida and Williams a shot next week and sitting Singletary.

What does Singletary do well? Maybe some agility and some pass catching ability... but no speed and can't break a tackle to save his life.

If you have bad O-Line play, you need guys who can either run away from the pressure or run through it. Singletary can't do either.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rigotz said:

What does Singletary do well? 

Singletary is averaging 4.9 yards per carry this season and 4.8 for his career.

What he does well is gain yards on the ground.

I've called him ordinary but the term is relative...........he HAS done a good job gaining yards rather consistently since he entered the league..........he just isn't a $15M/year RB.

If they weren't getting bitchslapt at the LOS he could certainly put up close to 1,000 yards on 12-14 carries per game.

• Like (+1) 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.