Injuries Show how Little Depth Bills Have

BuffaloBaumer

This team is not even close 2 Super Bowl caliber the way it is built. Look at teams like the Titans, the Browns and especially the Ravens, they keep getting huge, key injuries but they still find a way.

You take a few of the player  away from the Bills roster and they just seem to fall apart. Buffalo has not experienced any major injuries and people want to make that excuse? I really hope they can sneak into the playoffs with this weak schedule because if they were playing playoff teams, they would be buried for sure.

Edited by BuffaloBaumer
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 2

• BuffaloBaumer changed the title to Injuries Show how Little Depth Bills Have
32 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

This team is not even close 2 Super Bowl caliber the way it is built. Look at teams like the Titans, the Browns and especially the Ravens, they keep getting huge, key injuries but they still find a way.

You take a few of the player  away from the Bills roster and they just seem to fall apart. Buffalo has not experienced any major injuries and people want to make that excuse? I really hope they can sneak into the playoffs with this weak schedule because if they were playing playoff teams, they would be buried for sure.

Every team has a position it lacks depth in...Bills just happen to be offensive line...we def should have upgraded oline some this past offseason

Honestly a little confused here - what injuries are you talking about? You even then went on to say that they haven't experienced any major injuries. 

Will add that there's another half to play before crowning the Titans, but I think that game says more about the Rams right now than the Titans. Stafford is just winging it out there tonight.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Nelius said:

Honestly a little confused here - what injuries are you talking about? You even then went on to say that they haven't experienced any major injuries. 

Will add that there's another half to play before crowning the Titans, but I think that game says more about the Rams right now than the Titans. Stafford is just winging it out there tonight.

The 2 injuries to the right side of the line, it shouldn't cripple the entire offense. 

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

There have been zero adjustments to the offensive game plan to hide the offensive weakness.

So you're specifically talking about the depth on the OLine? They're pretty deep otherwise. I don't think many teams have depth on the Oline. It's hard to find quality starters there as it is.

1 minute ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

The 2 injuries to the right side of the line, it shouldn't cripple the entire offense. 

Those two AND Knox. I think the dynamic there is really advantageous for the offense.

48 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

We have some people on this site who play pretend,  did so last season and doing the same thing this season.  Don't make any trades because were the best team and have plenty of depth. Losing to the worst team in the AFC today maybe opens their eyes

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

We have some people on this site who play pretend,  did so last season and doing the same thing this season.  Don't make any trades because were the best team and have plenty of depth. Losing to the worst team in the AFC today maybe opens their eyes

They didn't lose because of OLine depth.

They lost because they were unprepared, unfocused and didn't take the Jags seriously. Period.

Let's be real here. If we play that game 10 times, this would likely be the only time the Jags won.

The amount of panic on this board is ridiculous. You are like the Paperhands in crypto selling as soon as it goes down a little bit.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

it’s not so much depth, in a weird way. It’s the talent evaluation wasn’t quite right. I don’t know what the Bills look for at guard, but whatever it is, it has them valuing Cody Ford and JF more than Spain and Teller. 

1 hour ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

We have as much depth as you can expect any team to have. Lack of talent is not really an excuse for what happened today.

28 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Apparently a bad running Ford is able to cripple an entire offense.  Seriously though, Daryl Williams was on the right side and he started there all last season.  He had a horrible game today.

54 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

Every team has a position it lacks depth in...Bills just happen to be offensive line...we def should have upgraded oline some this past offseason

They tried with the draft with Brown, Doyle and Anderson.  Brown may turn out fine.  Jury is out on Doyle (he's big though) and Anderson is gone. 
They tried in FA with Hart, Douglas and Lamp.  Lamp was actually good with the Chargers. Hart was a major disappointment and Douglas just got called up. 
They resigned Feliciano, Boettger and Williams to keep continuity. 

They even addressed the rest of the offense with Trubisky, Sanders and Breida to create upgrades from last year.

The front office made an effort to strengthen a unit that wasn't terrible in 2020. But I think the film caught up with Daboll and defensive coordinators figured out his strategies. Some injuries on the OL exposed further weakness and we haven't figured out a way to counterpunch the last 3 games. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Nelius said:

You can crown the Titans now.  Tenn is wrapping up a butt-whupping.

Yeah that pick Stafford threw from the end zone was atrocious.  Might as well have gift-wrapped a TD and handed it to Vrable

4 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Just cause we haven't experienced it doesn't mean we can't overcome. 

We're fairly deep.

Lotta season to go

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.