11/7/21 Bills @ Jaguars Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

And if he can’t overcome his DNA we may be looking at his ceiling.

He's probably never going to play a perfect game from a decision making perspective because he wants to make the big play. And the big play is a major part of his game so it's a tricky line to draw.

5 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

McD pulled him aside on the Jax botched challenge time out and told him not to take a sack - that a field goal was fine there.

Allen took a sack.

He is at a crossroads.

Are you talking about this play? 

• Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ngbills said:

Routes - develop. That is part of the problem. Our scheme is either dump off or long developing routes. 

And if we had dangerous RB's and TE's this approach would work well.  But with Knox out and a pair of RB's that can't outrun LB's  or make safeties miss a tackle, the dump off passes are at best good for a couple of yards. 

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

And if he can’t overcome his DNA we may be looking at his ceiling.

Yep if he cannot develop that part of his game he is at his ceiling. Now we will just find out if that is a Championship Ceiling or a lot of playoff exits through his career. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

I am sure we are going and already are pointing to examples from yesterday years that can make us feel better like the loss to Tampa Bay where Thurman only got 6 yards rushing. Perhaps back to back losses to the Colts and Jets in ‘92. We should refrain from that because those teams didn’t win any Superbowls

3 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I don't think it was arrogance by McD regarding Ford.  Ford had worked hard on things in practice and they needed a guard, so Ford was next up.  I think after they review the film, we may not see Ford again.

I really don’t think it is a question of ability with Ford. He just has an extremely low football IQ. He can’t process a simple stunt. He doesn't see defenders flash across his face because he is not even looking. He had his head buried into the side of Morse’s guy and left his assignment untouched. It’s almost like Ford doesn’t like 17 and is trying to get him killed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, vincec said:

He's probably never going to play a perfect game from a decision making perspective because he wants to make the big play. And the big play is a major part of his game so it's a tricky line to draw.

No QB ever plays the perfect game. But the championship ones can make the right decisions when needed more often then not. For the most part Josh has done that the better part of the last 25 starts or so. 

this one he didn’t. 

10 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

McD pulled him aside on the Jax botched challenge time out and told him not to take a sack - that a field goal was fine there.

Allen took a sack.

He is at a crossroads.

Huh?  Show me another time I’ve ever posted about this?  

Josh Allen is not at a crossroads. That is completely ridiculous.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, vincec said:

During the game I posted that I thought he forgot the snap count. It sure looks like it here.

Top of the drop. In FG range. Free DE running at you. Throw that ball away. Yep wrong decision and cost chance to tie. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

No QB ever plays the perfect game. But the championship ones can make the right decisions when needed more often then not. For the most part Josh has done that the better part of the last 25 starts or so. 

this one he didn’t. 

I agree, but there is just too much pressure on him to be Superman. He needs help so it's not all up to him - better protection and a running game. Then it's a lot easier to play within himself.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.