Feliciano to IR; Jamil Douglas signed to 53

YoloinOhio

"....Replacing Feliciano on the roster is Jamil Douglas, who was added in the same transaction. Douglas, who’s spent the whole season on Buffalo’s practice squad, is in his fifth pro season. He’s started 11 games at right guard, and been active for 46 games in his career......."................https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2021/11/6/22767 2         ,,,,,,,,,         Jamil Douglas (/dʒəˈmɪl/ jə-MIL; born February 28, 1992) is an American football guard for the Buffalo Bills of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Arizona State. He has also been a member of the Miami Dolphins, New England Patriots, Atlanta Falcons, Indianapolis Colts, and Tennessee Titans...........................  he has been around. ......................Douglas was drafted by the Miami Dolphins in the fourth round, 114th overall, in the 2015 NFL Draft. He played in all 16 regular-season games as a rookie with six starts..............................................

Tennessee Titans:::::   On October 3, 2018, Douglas was signed to the Tennessee Titans' practice squad.[16] He signed a reserve/future contract with the Titans on December 31, 2018.[17]  Douglas started the first four games of the 2019 season at right guard. He would finish the season playing in 15 games, starting five ....................... Douglas, who has seen time at guard and center, has started 11 of the 46 games he’s played in the NFL. He joins Bobby Hart as free agent additions to the offensive line in Buffalo....  https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/02/bills-sign-jamil-douglas/......      ............................................

Sort of interesting about the 2015 draft  

8. Mitch Morse, Missouri: After the Seahawks drafted Justin Britt in the second round of the 2014 draft, Morse took over at left tackle and looked good after appearing at multiple positions in his previous seasons. Morse is a very smart player who seems very aware of the action in front of him. He understands his place on the line and can pick up advanced defensive line schemes with ease. Where he could struggle at the next level is in his physical limitations. Morse is a bit top-heavy and will lose his base at times against more powerful defenders. He's more an edge-setter than a dominating run-blocker. He also has limited recovery speed, and though many project him as a guard, his ultimate destination may be center, where he played for the Tigers in 2012.

Projection: Fourth round

9. Jamil Douglas, Arizona State: Douglas played every line position but center for the Sun Devils, switching from left guard (where he started in 2012 and 2013) to left tackle for the 2014 season. He was named first-team All-Pac-12 there but projects better as a guard due to size (6'4", 304) and arm length (33 1/4") concerns. At left guard, Douglas is more of a technician than a mauler. He has a really nice kick-step in pass protection, he gets to the second level quickly and with a plan, and he's mobile enough to pull and slide effectively. However, he has a tendency to play too high at times, losing strength and leverage, and he may be a better fit for a quicker, zone-blocking line in the NFL.

Projection: Fourth or fifth round

...  https://www.si.com/nfl/2015/03/31/2015-nfl-draft-positional-rankings-guard-laken-tomlinson   .....

MY TAKE ON ALL THIS IS THAT WE HAVE A VERY EXPERIENCED GUY COMING IN WHO IS NOT GOING TO MAKE ROOKIE MISTAKES.

All I know is that this offensive line is what is keeping this Bills team from being consistently dominant on offense.   It is hard for the rest of the offense to polish their execution if the offensive line isn't executing at a high level with consistency.   Thank god for Josh Allen being able to sometimes pull magic out of his ass when need be.

• Agree 3

36 minutes ago, PolishDave said:

All I know is that this offensive line is what is keeping this Bills team from being consistently dominant on offense.   It is hard for the rest of the offense to polish their execution if the offensive line isn't executing at a high level with consistency.   Thank god for Josh Allen being able to sometimes pull magic out of his ass when need be.

I'm just getting concerned over Josh having to be our entire running game. We've got 2 blind mice at RB and 5 guys incapable of zone/man run blocking. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PolishDave said:

Agreed!

This past offseason, I voiced my concerns about the offensive line.  Some shared my worries but others talked about "continuity."  They asserted that keeping the same offensive linemen together would result in a better performance this year.

At midseason, I say: So much for continuity!  Continuity in our situation means simply that players with mediocre skillsets continue to display mediocre skillsets.  That's the continuity we're experiencing.  Beane really needs to address the OL next year.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/6/2021 at 3:46 PM, John from Riverside said:

I am praying Douglas is that gem that comes in and shows he can actually play

With 11 starts and a handful of other games where he took >50% of the snaps over 7 seasons, I think Douglas has already shown he can play in the NFL.

The question is "how well?" since neither of the teams he started for considered him more than a capable fill-in.

He is the very definition of "journeyman"

• Agree 1

In your opinion. Bills had the same opinion about Teller. IMO, Jamil will be a pleasant surprise.

15 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

With 11 starts and a handful of other games where he took >50% of the snaps over 7 seasons, I think Douglas has already shown he can play in the NFL.

The question is "how well?" since neither of the teams he started for considered him more than a capable fill-in.

He is the very definition of "journeyman"

Edited by Cantankeous

11 minutes ago, Cantankeous said:

In your opinion. Bills had the same opinion about Teller. IMO, Jamil will be a pleasant surprise.

If the Bills had "the same opinion about Teller" (a 2018 draftee who played half a season at LG on a very bad line and was traded at the last minute before the 2019 season) as I express about a literal, 7 year vet with 11 starts scattered across those years - that would be silly of them.

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.