Knox & Feliciano [edit: not Brown, yet] officially ruled out for Sunday

Chandler#81

59 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Just posted on Bills website.

Website says "Knox and Feliciano"

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/jon-feliciano-and-dawson-knox-declared-out-for-bills-at-jaguars-week-9

Cole Beasley (ribs), Jordan Poyer (shoulder) and Spencer Brown (back) are expected to practice on Friday according to McDermott. Their game status designations will be announced later in the afternoon.

So stay tuned on the latter

This past offseason Ford was rehabbing an injury. I’m not prepared to totally close the book on him, even though chances are slim he’ll become another Wyatt Teller, but barring injury he should have an entire offseason to work on his body. And there’s a lot of work that needs to be done there.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Put Boettger in at G over Ford. I think Ford & Feliciano get released next year.

Boettger is already gonna be playing if Feliciano is out at LG.

The question is who plays RG if Brown can't go and Williams is playing LT.

Ford?  Bates? 

4 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Thank you @Hapless Bills Fan for the correction!

You scared me.  But it could still be true.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

This past offseason Ford was rehabbing an injury. I’m not prepared to totally close the book on him, even though chances are slim he’ll become another Wyatt Teller, but barring injury he should have an entire offseason to work on his body. And there’s a lot of work that needs to be done there.

The whole idea of not making moves at guard was that Ford had THIS offseason to work on his body and not rehab an injury.  He got shut down Week 9 after he tore his meniscus, and had surgery pretty much right away, so by the off-season he should have been ready to go.

The Bills are finally going to get to see the player they thought they selected in the second round of the 2019 NFL Draft because to this point, Ford said they, “Definitely have not seen it.”

46 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Boettger is already gonna be playing if Feliciano is out at LG.

The question is who plays RG if Brown can't go and Williams is playing LT.

Ford?  Bates? 

You scared me.  But it could still be true.

Based solely off what McD said earlier this week I have to think it's Ford over Bates. The way he said Ford went "back to the drawing board" and McD has said many times he still has confidence in Ford. I know McD doesn't throw players under the bus, however he could have also said a lot less.

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

To be honest based on performance this season it is a wash. I am not ecstatic about the prospect of Ford on the field. He might yet not need to be if Brown makes it and they can nudge Williams back inside. I am kinda done with slimmed down Feliciano though at this stage. 

A triple cheeseburger never hurt anyone, amirite? :w00t:

(This statement has not been evaluated by the FDA, and is not intended to diagnose, treat, or prevent any symptoms)

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.