Subtraction by Addition - Emmanuel Sanders

Sharky7337

23 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Have our third down and red zone numbers not dropped vs last year? 

So you're going to attribute that to adding a wr and not the piss poor performance is the o-line and running game?

Got it. 

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

It's almost like people don't want multiple good players on our team.

We've longed for years to have multiple offensive weapons, now we do and people want to start shipping them out of town!

Diggs isn't a "gamebreaker"

Davis is overrated

Beasley needs to be cut because we have Diggs and Sanders

Sanders is old, slow and taking away targets

I am starting the campaign right now...BRING BACK ANDRE HOLMES AND ZAY JONES!

#HolmesANDJones

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, JGMcD2 said:

We've longed for years to have multiple offensive weapons, now we do and people want to start shipping them out of town!

Davis is overrated

#HolmesANDJones

I dont think it's that at all! You want more good players! But sometimes every good player doesn't always fit in a roster how you expect.

How many teams have won the off-season to not win in season.

3 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

So you're going to attribute that to adding a wr and not the piss poor performance is the o-line and running game?

Got it. 

Not at all. The line play has been bad and that is always the core of a team.

I'm not blaming anyone for poor play I'm just trying to discuss the chemistry

They still have 2 great corners over there  - Howard played real well in week 2 and he was good today.  Their defense on paper is supposed to be very good.   

The attempt to establish the run game a bit made sense my issue was how they were doing it and when they called those runs.   

They did a good job realizing Beasely had the mismatch and took advantage.  Had Knox been here he would have been involved a lot to.   

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Not at all. The line play has been bad and that is always the core of a team.

I'm not blaming anyone for poor play I'm just trying to discuss the chemistry

Pretty sure there was a reason why beasley was open all those times for his 10/110.  Diggs getting doubled/bracketed and Sanders taking the top off and having the safeties pull his way.

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

Since joining the bills it seems like at least a few times a game josh tries to force the ball to him and their often off in timing or chemistry.

Hes a great receiver but taking away reps from Diggs and Davis and Beasely that have shown great chemistry in Allen seems to hurt this offense more then help it.

Hes a such a great talent to have but your thoughts on what you see!

A similar type of situation was discussed last year with the browns and when Beckham went out, the team was better because baker forced the ball less to Beckham and they had better balance.

Edit: Some may think I'm blaming him for struggles and I am not. I am simply sometimes seeing it as the chemistry is sometimes forced in situations that may stall drives.

Didn't you already post the same crap 2 weeks ago?

Edited by Dablitzkrieg

19 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Don't forget about Foster!

We have the second best 3rd down conversion rate next to KC. I don't think you are seeing properly.

And going into this game Sanders was #1 in air yards caught passes in the NFL.  He’s Thirty Freakin Four and #1 in the entire NFL in air yards.  More than that schkep in AZ, the Packs (granted he didn’t play Thursday) and so on.  I think I’m pretty good with Beane’s choices.

There is nothing to see in thinking ES is not a big upgrade to this offense.  We will be counting our blessings in February.  And for those who want to float as has been done recently (what about that Beasely guy in receptions?). What 10 today for 110 yards.  All this means is we improved even more in skilled positions over last year.

Line play.  There’s an area that I’d still a work in progress with Brown out today.  That I understand, but Sanders because he didn’t catch an overthrown ball.  Ok chemistry. We’ll Allen is only one of the top NFL QB’s on most stats so that’s not a big issue.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Didn't you already post the same crap 2 weeks ago?

No. One of the other posters linked that thread.

3 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

And going into this game Sanders was #1 in air yards caught passes in the NFL.  He’s Thirty Freakin Four and #1 in the entire NFL in air yards.  More than that schkep in AZ, the Packs (granted he didn’t play Thursday) and so on.  I think I’m pretty good with Beane’s choices.

There is nothing to see in thinking ES is not a big upgrade to this offense.  We will be counting our blessings in February.  And for those who want to float as has been done recently (what about that Beasely guy in receptions?). What 10 today for 110 yards.  All this means is we improved even more in skilled positions over last year.

Line play.  There’s an area that I’d still a work in progress with Brown out today.  That I understand, but Sanders because he didn’t catch an overthrown ball.  Ok chemistry. We’ll Allen is only one of the top NFL QB’s on most stats so that’s not a big issue.

Ya I actually just checked our third down conversion rate in 2020 (49.5 ish) vs 2021 ( 50.3 ish) and so far it is actually better!

Which is contrary to what I thought. So I am admittedly incorrect. I don't know how to account for drives where third down is never reached etc.

Edited by Sharky7337

Snarky bud, you’re getting caught in the weeds and extrapolating something that’s not there.  You’re not the first nor the last.  I’ve made this mistake as well.  I’ve kind of learned to take a step back look overall if possible and see if what I think I’m seeing is true or am I off.  No biggie bud.

hooe you had a nice Halloween.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, T master said:

This sounds familiar ... But i must say he might be on to something . JMHO .

That’s alright, more than one person can be wrong at a time.  :)

He took Smoke’s spot. Smoke was always hurt. Sanders is available, and he has twice as many TD’s as Diggs I believe. I can live with ALL of that. 

47 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Snarky bud, you’re getting caught in the weeds and extrapolating something that’s not there.  You’re not the first nor the last.  I’ve made this mistake as well.  I’ve kind of learned to take a step back look overall if possible and see if what I think I’m seeing is true or am I off.  No biggie bud.

hooe you had a nice Halloween.

Thanks same to you!!!

1 hour ago, JGMcD2 said:

Davis is overrated

#HolmesANDJones

And Duke Williams and Pat Dimarco 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.