Jump to content

About the #1 Seed


Big Blitz
 Share

Recommended Posts

Yes.  It will help.  

 

But its just not THE most important thing.  You telling me a team like Tennessee couldn't come into Highmark and do that in January?

 

 

Health and getting hot at the right time is.

 

See Tampa (3 road wins) and KC (injuries to oline) last year.  

 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Yes.  It will help.  

 

But its just not THE most important thing.  You telling me a team like Tennessee couldn't come into Highmark and do that in January?

 

 

Health and getting hot at the right time is.

 

See Tampa (3 road wins) and KC (injuries to oline) last year.  

 

I don’t know are the refs going to call bull#### foul that’s going to take away a kick off return for a touchdown I don’t even care if it was a legit call refs don’t call all of them

  • Thank you (+1) 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Warcodered said:

I mean it definitely doesn't hurt, plus a bye is nice.(especially on the getting healthy front)

 

 

If we lock up the division and say the 2 seed by week 18 there is your bye.  

 

Again, it would be ideal, just put me in the "I don't care" column.  Only 1 team gets it.  It's dumb but I'll take the 2 seed also and watch the Chiefs or Titans go to Baltimore in round 2 and win....and we get the AFCG at home.

 

Lots can happen just don't think it's worth stressing over at all.    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Big Blitz said:

 

 

If we lock up the division and say the 2 seed by week 18 there is your bye.  

 

Again, it would be ideal, just put me in the "I don't care" column.  Only 1 team gets it.  It's dumb but I'll take the 2 seed also and watch the Chiefs or Titans go to Baltimore in round 2 and win....and we get the AFCG at home.

 

Lots can happen just don't think it's worth stressing over at all.    

Only one team in each conference gets the bye anymore.

  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When your have a Bye week very early in the season, that extra week of rest late in the season makes a big difference.

 

It’s less about home games and more about that. Plus I’ll take a guaranteed 1st round win any day.

 

That’s the goal and we took a tough loss today. Lets not minimize how important that seed is.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Only one team in each conference gets the bye anymore.

 

 

Right I'm saying if say you clinch a 2 seed by week 18 you can use week 18 as essentially a bye.

 

 

To get the one seed we're going to have to go 14-4 at worst.  

 

I don't know if we can count on 5 losses to Baltimore and maybe the Titans (look at that schedule maybe 3 losses at most).   

 

  • Eyeroll 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Big Blitz said:

 

 

Right I'm saying if say you clinch a 2 seed by week 18 you can use week 18 as essentially a bye.

 

 

To get the one seed we're going to have to go 14-4 at worst.  

 

I don't know if we can count on 5 losses to Baltimore and maybe the Titans (look at that schedule maybe 3 losses at most).   

 

That's not a bye you still have to field a team and play them.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Doesn't matter. (The Ravens are a lock at this point).The Bills have NO RUNNING Game!! You can't win consistently in crunch time, and especially in the playoffs with NO RUNNING GAME. The league now knows this. Most of the Bills running backs numbers are inflated as they have been running the ball late in blowouts against BAD teams. Name a Super Bowl winning team that had NO RUNIING GAME? None. McBean has been great, but their blind spot regarding the running game will cost the Bills a championship this season.   

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brutal fkn loss

2 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

Doesn't matter. (The Ravens are a lock at this point).The Bills have NO RUNNING Game!! You can't win consistently in crunch time, and especially in the playoffs with NO RUNNING GAME. The league now knows this. Most of the Bills running backs numbers are inflated as they have been running the ball late in blowouts against BAD teams. Name a Super Bowl winning team that had NO RUNIING GAME? None. McBean has been great, but their blind spot regarding the running game will cost the Bills a championship this season.   

You keep trotting Singletary out there then yeah, you’re right.

 

He’s terrible .

  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Yes.  It will help.  

 

But its just not THE most important thing.  You telling me a team like Tennessee couldn't come into Highmark and do that in January?

 

 

Health and getting hot at the right time is.

 

See Tampa (3 road wins) and KC (injuries to oline) last year.  

 

The bye is immensely important. Look up the stats

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Ross Murdock said:

Doesn't matter. (The Ravens are a lock at this point).The Bills have NO RUNNING Game!! You can't win consistently in crunch time, and especially in the playoffs with NO RUNNING GAME. The league now knows this. Most of the Bills running backs numbers are inflated as they have been running the ball late in blowouts against BAD teams. Name a Super Bowl winning team that had NO RUNIING GAME? None. McBean has been great, but their blind spot regarding the running game will cost the Bills a championship this season.   


The Ravens needed a record breaking FG to beat the Lions, and a super flukey fumble to beat the Chiefs. AND a last minute TD/2 point conversion along with a missed 47 yard FG to beat the Colts.

 

Things have really broken their way in close games, I wouldn’t say they are a lock at all.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

Doesn't matter. (The Ravens are a lock at this point).The Bills have NO RUNNING Game!! You can't win consistently in crunch time, and especially in the playoffs with NO RUNNING GAME. The league now knows this. Most of the Bills running backs numbers are inflated as they have been running the ball late in blowouts against BAD teams. Name a Super Bowl winning team that had NO RUNIING GAME? None. McBean has been great, but their blind spot regarding the running game will cost the Bills a championship this season.   

 

They're tied for 5th in the NFL in rushing yards. And in top half in yards per carry.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ravens are now the favorites for the one seed but it's early.  Tough loss but this team always bounces back.  I'm hoping we can string a lot of wins in a row now with an easy schedule using this as fuel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...