Deep dive into Bills offense

YoloinOhio

It’s kinda like this for defenses; “‘oh Christ, is he gonna drop back or is he gonna run it, damn, he handed it off to Moss…, Next play, Knox, no Sanders, no Beasley, damn it it’s Diggs again…, ya just gotta love it! 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

A very lengthy read but exceptionally detailed...

One writer says the NFL should be afraid if the Bills offense after taking a deep look.

One writer says the league should be afraid of the Bills defense after taking a deep look.

Basically the league just needs to be afraid. We are coming for all of them.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

What an incredible read. Thanks so much for sharing it.

Exactly what I hoped would happened, happened:

The Bills DID spend all offseason trying to figure out a unique way to beat the Chiefs this year. They DID create a one of a kind, unicorn offensive gameplan. They DID stay pretty simple and true to form through the first four weeks, only to roll out the special stuff against KC. 

I knew from watching the game that Allen deserved an A+. I did not, however, realize quite the extent to which Daboll deserved an A+, too. What an excellent gameplan. What excellent execution.

Between the way the Bills out-schemed and out-physicaled the Chiefs on defense and the way they out-schemed and out-executed the Chiefs on offense, that win was about as thorough and awesome and stylistically excellent as you could hope for. Mahomes had his second worst game ever, Allen shined on a national stage, and the Bills took the reins of the AFC firmly into their hands. 

p.s. The Bills scheme change-up on offense is so interesting, and Collinsworth/Michaels didn't say a peep about it as it was happening. Would it kill the NFL to employ some analysts intelligent and well researched enough to recognize this stuff and relay it to the home audience as it's happening?!

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 3

My take aways from this article.  It explained a lot what my mind did not catch and I even slowed down every play of the game for both sides to watch the plays unfold.

1.)  I was wondering what happened to Beasley in this game.  The idea that he provides a free release for Sanders was great analysis.  So he was a decoy.

2.) I commented on this board the last two weeks that they were setting the stage for KC.  But I incorrectly assumed it was to run the ball. So they were tuning up the running game in my mind.  The offense just seemed so plain and Allen so not-Allen like (from last year).    When in fact, they ran an almost boring offense that got disguised by the big points they were scoring.  Nothing on tape for KC to see.

3.) I was beginning to think that the Allen to Diggs magic of last year was over.  Thinking back to what Diggs said after the WTF Game (where Beasley was focal) that he would be going off the next week (Texans) you get the distinct impression that teams are never going to know who is the focal point of the game plan anymore.  It could be Knox or Diggs or Davis or Sanders.  Good luck figuring it out.  And you get the sense the players accept this advanced game planning where it's my turn, it's not my turn.

4.) Lastly I was wondering where last year's razzle dazzle was.  Things like fake punts, half back options, OL pass TDs.  I get the feeling the play book will slowly open up and we will see more and more added.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I don’t think I’ve seen it postulated anywhere else that perhaps Allen didn’t suck in college, it was the plays he was being asked to run that sucked (for him at least), fascinating.

Methinks it was a combination of several factors but that could well be a big part of it. He didn’t have good coaching. He wasn’t crazy inaccurate he just never checked down or threw easy completions. He was never coached out of hero ball. He didn’t have a lot of good players around him. He hadn’t played against good defenses before. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.