Chiefs Chant Before Game

cv05

3 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

It only makes sense though, if I name my team "the Polish" and I'm not even Polish (even if my wife is Polish and I love Polish people) I should expect Polish people to express some thoughts...

100% Polish.  Love it.

Call us the Buffalo Polacks for all I care.

Our new team logo is a guy holding a pussywillow branch.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

To0 many people have nothing better to do with their lives other than piss and moan about stuff they never cared about in the first place.

At some point the people need to speak up, or else we'd be doing the same stupid stuff for eternity.

Culture's constantly evolve. This is just part of it. 

(Unless you're an Amazonian culture cut off from the rest of the world and you're still practicing cannibalism.)

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

100% Polish.  Love it.

See?!

You're already trying to change my team name! It's "The Polish" goddammit!!

19 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

The Seminole tribe helped create the FSU chant, chop and mascot design. The fact that others comment on it without any clue of it's origin is pretty sad.

Can you point us to a document that supports your claim?

4 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

100% Polish.  Love it.

How about if we call them the Dumb Polacks

10 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

At some point the people need to speak up, or else we'd be doing the same stupid stuff for eternity.

Culture's constantly evolve. This is just part of it. 

(Unless you're an Amazonian culture cut off from the rest of the world and you're still practicing cannibalism.)

Sometimes I wish I was.   

I get it with the evolution of culture but there's the tipping point of either some things are offensive or everything is offense. 

8 minutes ago, notwoz said:

Can you point us to a document that supports your claim?

How about if we call them the Dumb Polacks

As a dumb polack, I welcome our teams new name change. 

Because it doesn't offend me. 

Also would have made for great game recap during the drought years. 

Chris Berman voice: well those dumb Polacks are at it again! Here they are in the 4th qtr with a 2 td lead and what happens, the Dumb Polacks throw 3 ints in a row and the Irish drunks take the game and ice it with a fresh pint of Guinness.

Edited by The Wiz

7 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

LeGOATski said: 

It only makes sense though, if I name my team "the Polish" and I'm not even Polish (even if my wife is Polish and I love Polish people) I should expect Polish people to express some thoughts

100% Polish.  Love it.

G19216_UltPolish-Flask_10x10.png

What’s all the fuss about?

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Sometimes I wish I was.   

I get it with the evolution of culture but there's the tipping point of either some things are offensive or everything is offense. 

As a dumb polack, I welcome our teams new name change. 

Because it doesn't offend me. 

Also would have made for great game recap during the drought years. 

Well it offends me  MoFo. 

• Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, notwoz said:

Well it offends me  MoFo. 

Well that's your problem and not mine so you deal with it how you want.

Also the fact that you are getting offended by a non-realistic hypothetical is a whole other issue.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I recall about 25 years ago, on a Saturday afternoon in October watched an SU Florida St game, heard the chant, Saturday and Sunday night baseball playoff game in Atlanta, same chant,  Monday the Bills played the Chiefs in KC chant again.

My wife finally says to me, "Does every team do this?"

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Just in Atlanta said:

Dictionary.com:

RACIST: "a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human racial groups determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to dominate others or that a particular racial group is inferior to the others."

Yeah.  That's the old definition.  The new definition is any racist, prejudiced or discriminatory thoughts, words or actions.  I still can't believe the dictionaries haven't updated.

I prefer the old definitions, but it's not reality.  Everything is rolled into one, whether we like it or not.

53 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

100% Polish.  Love it.

With big ears and at least calf-high white socks.  100% Polish here also!

3 hours ago, Rico said:

Stupid and racist.

Stupid yeah! 

6 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

Yeah.  That's the old definition.  The new definition is any racist, prejudiced or discriminatory thoughts, words or actions.  I still can't believe the dictionaries haven't updated.

I prefer the old definitions, but it's not reality.  Everything is rolled into one, whether we like it or not.

With big ears and at least calf-high white socks.  100% Polish here also!

Everything is racist these days. Maybe is time for the PPP move. Who really cares. Cant we just be kind to one another and have a little fun and not get so butthurt? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Sometimes I wish I was.   

It will always end at "some things are offensive." Just like we've seen with sports team names. Redskins and Indians changed. Chiefs and Braves stay the same. As it should be. But you're not going to progress as a group without some stepping over the line.

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

My wife was wondering why they're called the "Bills" last night. I explained Buffalo Bill Cody. It's easily one of the weirdest sports team names. Like naming a team the "Jeffs"

I will be starting a petition to rename the Bills to “the Jeffs” immediately. Best idea I’ve seen this evening at least. 

Edited by mcjeff215

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.