[Edit] Jon Gruden resigns over controversial emails discovered in WFT investigation

flaz

47 minutes ago, vincec said:

At halftime of the MNF game, Adam Schefter indicated that the NFL ownership group told Mark Davis to either fire Gruden or have him resign in response to the emails, so I guess the answer is: all of them.

Wait, I read here that Gruden just up and resigned…so he was actually forced to resign?  

Gruden should have kept his shyt to himself, but like I said.............

Let's dig up everyone's emails and texts and I can almost guarantee you that you will see racist/sexist crap all over the place.

Gruden pissed off the wrong person in NFL circles so it was ok to tar and feather Gruden.

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

Wait, I read here that Gruden just up and resigned…so he was actually forced to resign?  

Yes, according to Schefter the owners spoke with Mark Davis giving him the options, then he flew to the Raiders practice facility to “find” Gruden and after they met, Gruden resigned.

38 minutes ago, flaz said:

NFLPA has requested ALL of the remaining 650000 emails to be released 

I would suggest that that is a very BAD idea. Do they think they are going to gain leverage, or possibly kill the Golden Goose? At the very least, have a very angry goose on their hands. That’s a can of worms I’d leave alone at the moment. Maybe that’s just me, but you got a good thing going so why roll the dice on what might come out?  🤷‍♀️

40 minutes ago, flaz said:

NFLPA has requested ALL of the remaining 650000 emails to be released 

This would be great, but the Owners will never allow it because of all the nasty things it would reveal about the owners and league employees.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I would suggest that that is a very BAD idea. Do they think they are going to gain leverage, or possibly kill the Golden Goose? At the very least, have a very angry goose on their hands. That’s a can of worms I’d leave alone at the moment. Maybe that’s just me, but you got a good thing going so why roll the dice on what might come out?  🤷‍♀️

Glad not to be worried about our Coaches and FO at all on this.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Rich Eisen said it very well.  How does a grown man sit down at a computer, type the words “f-a-g-g-o-t” and “queers” in an email to an NFL executive, and then hit “send?”

Gruden deserves every bit of backlash, embarrassment, humiliation, you name it.  There is no place in society — and particularly not as the face of an NFL franchise — for this sort of ignorance.

Edited by eball
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

By ALL accounts, Gruden is an AH 23 hours of every day. Our local espn radio hosts were suggesting, now that he will be out of football, that he should take up golf or fishing. Can you imagine what it would  be like trying to enjoy your past time with him in your close proximity after all of this? I might hit or cast into him for entertainment value. Living in the same house will be miserable for anyone 

Edited by flaz

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.