[Edit] Jon Gruden resigns over controversial emails discovered in WFT investigation

flaz

4 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Of course. I agree with everything you said. 

I was mainly talking about personal texts, photos, etc... when you link a personal device with a work E-Mail.  I'm just trying to snuff out the trope that "IT is always watching".  Just because we have access doesn't mean we're looking at someone's stuff.

That’s an important distinction to make thanks.

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Funny how that works, huh? Smh. I’ve said it a million times here and elsewhere, Dan Snyder is a horrible human being. The fact that the NFL continues to actively defend that guy through their coverups and “investigations” is appalling. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, klos63 said:

For some reason, Snyder seems to stay clean. I don't know how, but seems like he should be next to go.

They had the perfect opportunity and ample evidence to do it this past year or so. They chose not to. He’s being protected by the more powerful owners in the league. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

They had the perfect opportunity and ample evidence to do it this past year or so. They chose not to. He’s being protected by the more powerful owners in the league. 

He's more slimy than Gruden. Gruden is stupid, a product of the idiotic, macho, NFL mentality, but likely harmless, Snyder is a horrible person and his organization has likely caused some serious problems for a lot of people, mainly women.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

He's more slimy than Gruden. Gruden is stupid, a product of the idiotic, macho, NFL mentality, but likely harmless, Snyder is a horrible person and his organization has likely caused some serious problems for a lot of people, mainly women.

You can tell Snyder is one of those guys who failed with women as a younger man and is now taking out his vitriol now that he has power.  No telling what kinds of things he's done.

24 minutes ago, klos63 said:

Which other NFL owners were involved in Gruden losing his job?

I imagine @vincec in HR getting fired for sending a crass email internally, just reprimanding the HR person.

“Well if you saw my email you better read every single email that has ever been sent to or from this company. EVER! Or you can’t fire me!”

Sometimes I feel like I live in an alternate reality. This isn’t how any part of the world works. 

16 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

I am always both shocked and not shocked that the NFL didn’t go full Donald Stirling.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, VaMilBill said:

The thing I hate about this is it seems like people just want to tear someone down for the sake of tearing someone down. Big tree fall hard. Gruden has never had anything said about his views on race or sexual orientation affecting his professionalism. 

Look at someone’s actions on how you judge someone, not on their words. 

I am not a Gruden fan but this just seemed like a career assassination. 

The part of this that is sad is that you actually believe this

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, HomeTeam said:

Without having any context to the situation, for some reason I'm saddened by this news. I liked Gruden in football. 

You should gather that context. Beyond that though, there’s always youtube. You can watch him there. Because he’s gone for good.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.