Diggs sets new Bills and NFL record(s)

According to the Buffalo News, Diggs’ seven catches he recorded in Buffalo’s 40-0 win over the Houston Texans in Week 4 put him in NFL record books.

https://sports.yahoo.com/record-stefon-diggs-set-bills-194017263.html

It was Diggs’ 20th game as a Bill, and no player in NFL history has recorded more catches than Diggs in their first 20 games with a team. Overall, Diggs has now caught 153 balls with the Bills.

Oh and a nod to 🐟 Bas Man

Bass has 185 points in that time span. That’s the second-most in NFL history in one player’s first 20 career games.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 9

11 minutes ago, uninja said:

TIL that Diggs is currently the Bills leading receiver and I'm genuinely surprised that's the case. Man has over 300 yards receiving in first 4 games of the season and it just feels like it could be so much more.

What’s more impressive is that he’s drawing every team’s best CB and getting bracketed. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

According to the Buffalo News, Diggs’ seven catches he recorded in Buffalo’s 40-0 win over the Houston Texans in Week 4 put him in NFL record books.

It was Diggs’ 20th game as a Bill, and no player in NFL history has recorded more catches than Diggs in their first 20 games with a team. Overall, Diggs has now caught 153 balls with the Bills.

Bass has 185 points in that time span. That’s the second-most in NFL history in one player’s first 20 career games.

I don't understand the Bass points thing. Is that just for kickers?

Josh Allen scored 32 TD's (passing and rushing) his first 20 NFL games. That's 192 points (6 points per TD) and I'm sure there are quite a few QB's who scored more than Allen in their first 20 games, which means they had more points than Bass too. So what am I missing?

For instance, Mahomes had 62 total TD's in his first 20 games, even including that game at the end of his rookie year that he didn't score in. That's a total of 372 points in his first 20 games.

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

Josh Allen scored 32 TD's (passing and rushing) his first 20 NFL games. That's 192 points (6 points per TD) and I'm sure there are quite a few QB's who scored more than Allen in their first 20 games, which means they had more points than Bass too. So what am I missing?

For instance, Mahomes had 62 total TD's in his first 20 games, even including that game at the end of his rookie year that he didn't score in. That's a total of 372 points in his first 20 games.

I'd say it's more impressive for bass when his count for 1 or 3 instead of 6.

But it's likely a kicker stat record. 

Edited by The Wiz

3 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I'd say it's more impressive for bass when his count for 1 or 3 instead of 6.

But it's likely a kicker stat record. 

Not saying Bass hasn't been impressive. I just understand the record. Like, kickers are always the highest scorers but that never makes sense to me when you look at the actual points. Maybe it's looking at individual scoring events, like every extra point and every field goal counts as a single score. Not the points.

Edited by MJS

9 minutes ago, MJS said:

Maybe it's excluding QBs since they'd likely be so heavily favored?

11 minutes ago, MJS said:

Passing TDs don't count as points scored. Whoever actually scores the touchdown gets the points. If they gave it to both the QB and whoever he throws to they would end up giving out more points scored than actual points scored in the game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1

7 hours ago, MJS said:

Quarterbacks don't get 6 point scored for throwing touchdown.. the receiver gets it

Quarterback only gets it when he runs for a touchdown

So yes the all-time points scored is filled with kickers.. till you get Jerry Rice who is like 40th

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Thank you (+1) 1

He's just warming up. What he did last year is still underrated and will be studied by Football nerds for decades. People acted as if he was underperforming by delivering a floor of 7 catches for 60 yards earlier this season - that's consistent production that adds up to Andre Reed. And no disrespect to Andre of course who is #1 in our hearts, but #2 in reality. Diggs is special. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Quarterbacks don't get 6 point scored for throwing touchdown.. the receiver gets it

Quarterback only gets it when he runs for a touchdown

So yes the all-time points scored is filled with kickers.. till you get Jerry Rice who is like 40th

While I understand the logic, I think it just doesn't make sense to credit a QB with zero points for a passing TD. If anything, the QB and recievers should split the points. QB's often (not always) are doing 90% of the work. Dropping back, reading the defense, delivering the ball accurately, and putting the ball in a place for the receiver to make a play and get in the end zone.

Statistics like these don't accurately reflect the game we watch, a game dominated by QB's who contribute big-time to scoring. Yet our scoring record book is littered with kickers who play one of the lowest percentage of snaps of any position and who, while important, are nowhere near the level of value of the QB.

Anyways, not a big deal at all. Just interesting.

10 minutes ago, MJS said:

While I understand the logic, I think it just doesn't make sense to credit a QB with zero points for a passing TD. If anything, the QB and recievers should split the points. QB's often (not always) are doing 90% of the work. Dropping back, reading the defense, delivering the ball accurately, and putting the ball in a place for the receiver to make a play and get in the end zone.

Statistics like these don't accurately reflect the game we watch, a game dominated by QB's who contribute big-time to scoring. Yet our scoring record book is littered with kickers who play one of the lowest percentage of snaps of any position and who, while important, are nowhere near the level of value of the QB.

Anyways, not a big deal at all. Just interesting.

Whether it makes sense or not..  completely debatable , and it's certainly a little skewed

But that is how they record it 

And Yes Jerry Rice is the first position player at number 40

9 hours ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

But but but…that 1st round lottery ticket they gave up for him….lol.

edit: i could be mean right now and pull up the metric ton of idiotic takes that came through here when the Bills made that trade for Diggs but i won’t. Pretty sure most of them are still here and know who they are.

Edited by JoPoy88
  • Haha (+1) 1

So, is this a record or a statistic? .... Was there anyone out there (besides these stat nerds) keeping track of how many catches people are getting in their first 20 games? Or ,10 games? Or, 30 games? etc. ... These things feel very contrived. I guess it gives us something to talk about, but again, I ask, is it really a record or just an interesting stat?

53 minutes ago, CSBill said:

So, is this a record or a statistic? .... Was there anyone out there (besides these stat nerds) keeping track of how many catches people are getting in their first 20 games? Or ,10 games? Or, 30 games? etc. ... These things feel very contrived. I guess it gives us something to talk about, but again, I ask, is it really a record or just an interesting stat?

Both. 

A record is a “statistic”

A statistic is not always a record 

;) 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.