Week 5: Bills at Chiefs on SNF

YoloinOhio

This is the biggest game of the regular season. It would effectively give us a 3 game lead on the Chiefs for the one seed.  

Equally important, Josh and the guys need to know they can beat them.  Confidence is relevant and important. 

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Jobot said:

Biggest thing to see from this game is the Bills offense keeping up/even out producing Mahommes. I think the defense will get their licks in, but can't expect them to keep it under 25 against this team.

Don't dress Bass.  The most disappointing stat in the game yesterday was the number of times we got in the red zone and settled for a field goal.  

• Haha (+1) 2

Please correct me if I’m wrong (like you need my permission), but I thought that KC defense was bad. Wouldn’t that bode well for Bills even in a shootout? Maybe their offense is better than our (not by much), but if our defense is significantly better than theirs that could make for a good day.

• Like (+1) 2

i will be rooting for bills in this one.  the KC defense can be had they are not playing very well and by all accounts the Bills D has got back to its roots.

super excited for a good Sunday night game for once. 

Questions

Will josh get the deer in the headlights look he gets in big games?

does KC have the bills number?  it will start to be a thing until it isnt they need this win.

If the refs don't allow the Chiefs to mug our receivers, the Bills offense should look better than it did last time. Plus I'm hoping the running game is better. A huge factor is going to be how our o-line plays, whether they can open any holes or give Josh time to think.  

I don't expect the D to shut Mahomes & Co. down, but it would be nice if they could keep them from running roughshod. 

Edited by Dr. K
  • Like (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

What Chiefs are saying.  Would have done this last week too, but Texans board is Dead.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?s=e0598527939541e4b842845477f18a49&t=340068

Seems like they except a shootout, so they know their defense is bad. If our defense is what we think it is we win this.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Alot of their fans Really High on Gordon.  Alot think this will be a shoot out.  Some thinking Chiefs will dominate us again, and that we drafted to stop the 2020 chiefs and the 2021 with Gordon are much better.

“Really High on Gordon”, good one! Josh Gordon had one really good year and that was 2013, had an okay year in 2018. I don’t get it, but fans will be fans.

As good as this defense has been so far they obviously aren't facing a washed Big Ben or marginal backups/rookies this week. And I'm still mildly concerned about the pass rush because outside of the Dolphins game against maybe the worst oline in the league we still aren't finishing the job so to speak in terms of the sack counts.

And for me this game is still going to come down to Allen proving he can make plays in key moments like Mahomes and also coaching in that McDermott has to have balls of steel and take big time chances to do what Staley and Harbaugh did in terms of ensuring that we don't give Mahomes a chance to win the game late if we have a lead and not settling for field goals like we did in the AFCG.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.