Picking up Edmunds Option a Rare Beane Mistake

Billy Zabka

Just now, Buffalo Junction said:

Oliver is undersized and aggressive. The Colts manipulated that, and the Pats followed suit. Without Star or a beastly 1tech that’s going to be exploitable. Milano Shot the gaps a few times and made plays, but that’s not reliable long term. Puts us in the circumstances that occurred tonight…. 3-tech washed in a trap, LBer misses fill, Edmunds brushing over the top and can’t scrape of combo blocks fast enough to cover for Epenesa loading contain. 

Edmunds isn’t going to look great without a dominant 1 tech or as a will in a 3-4.  He’s not a downhill LBer. Never was; never will be. If McB is happy with that then they need to find a solid 1-tech that’s more reliable than Star…. A guy who can dominate and allow Edmunds to scrape and get to the edge. 

Well then I sure hope McD and Beane do that! I'm tired of undersized lineman. It will help Edmunds out, which will boost him to be about average imo.

4 minutes ago, delirious said:

The difference is that those players have a record of making plays. While Edmunds doesn't.

We bag on him because there is a constant narrative, homerism, mental gymnastics (call it what you want) bias that he is this good linebacker. When he isn't.

No, go rewatch the Titans game. Same players, same issues 

Edited by Solomon Grundy
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

This again? Cool 😎. Can we comment on Dodson getting washed out while railing edmunds?

Did you not watch the game. Edmunds got cleared out or picked the wrong gap at least 7-8 times. Edmunds is awful and will never develop. I don't care if you wait till he's 35.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, billsfan714 said:

The Edmunds paradox is simple.....he isnt worth stud money.  its simply a cost benefit analysis.    Ill let someone over pay him after next year.

Uhmmm actually he is really really good

6986e204621dd13200d123011bbbb2a9.jpg

Edited by delirious

Edmunds is literally terrible! How can it be that fans don’t see that? He’s a rag doll trying to play MLB and he hasn’t progressed at all, as far as I can see. I’m sure he’s a nice kid but he simply isn’t the right body type to play that position in the NFL. He just isn’t! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Hoping for a return of The Edmunds Repirt this week.

Hoping for a return of The Edmunds Repirt this week.

Hoping for a return of The Edmunds Report this week.

5 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Oh, look. It's an internet tough guy responding 3 months later....

Check the time. I replied to you when I read your comment. Not nearly the internet tough guy you think. You're just a sensitive person. Too sensitive. It was explained to you that the game ball for the defense is given to the captain. Makes sense. Yet, you cry out " give it to Poyer and Hyde'. Luckily coach isn't a petty little cry baby. Now you can call me an internet tough guy. Maybe you'll feel better. I can take it like a man.

" Should have given it to Poyer and Hyde 

😂

That is mental weak sauce. 

5 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Check the time. I replied to you when I read your comment. Not nearly the internet tough guy you think. You're just a sensitive person. Too sensitive. It was explained to you that the game ball for the defense is given to the captain. Makes sense. Yet, you cry out " give it to Poyer and Hyde'. Luckily coach isn't a petty little cry baby. Now you can call me an internet tough guy. Maybe you'll feel better. I can take it like a man.

" Should have given it to Poyer and Hyde 

😂

That is mental weak sauce. 

"Dopey"

Yup

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.