Tua bruised ribs (update: fractured, headed to IR)

YoloinOhio

On 9/22/2021 at 3:44 PM, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

An example, cut and pasted:

This team is a ****ing joke, so sick of it. I truly don't know how much more I can stand, seriously thinking after 50 years, I am just about ready to spend my Sunday's in a less miserable way than watching this rudderless Ship drift out to sea.

Anyone think they're reading TBD from around the drought years?

Drought years hell, it could have been last weeks GDT here.

• Haha (+1) 4

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Mariota 2.0

Kind of my initial take on his ceiling too, although I am a strong proponent of giving QBs time and the right support in the right environment to really assess their potential.

He hasn't stayed healthy long enough to really do the latter. And as they say the best player ability in the NFL is availability.

2 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

you have to be some kind of mental case to cheer or laugh at an injury. I wish Tua the best... I always want to face the best the team has to offer and beat then

even if its Brady. Maybe Tua learns sitting on a bench. 

Agree with the first part.  I think we did play their best though.  IMO at least at this point, Brisset is the better QB.

30 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Agree with the first part.  I think we did play their best though.  IMO at least at this point, Brisset is the better QB.

Scott to be honest with you... we played Miami the way NE used to play us... Install new plays the Saturday before the game.. out of 13 passing plays 11 of them were new plays... second half we came out with our usual josh threw for lots of yards that drive and ended all worries of any Miami Come back.. Then back to messing with new plays.. on top of that on running downs we zone and man blocked..   they easy...  Josh will be back just fine.. IF there was any worry about Josh they would not of installed new plays for this game without practicing them... sorry my rant is over lol back on topic of Tua.. We saw their best.. Tua got wrecked on a good CLEAN sack and I do wish Tua the best.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

I know AJ hit him hard. But, it wasn't that hard. It was a perfectly clean hit. If that's all to take to sideline Tua for multiple games, I'm going to say it's time for him to find a new line of work. I'm pretty sure that most Miami fans would agree, and I suspect that Tua Tagovailoa might agree, as well.

It truly did not look like a hit that would break anyone’s ribs. He must be fragile

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

It truly did not look like a hit that would break anyone’s ribs. He must be fragile

Yeah, it was a perfect hit in today's NFL. It was a good, solid pop, but yeah.....was surprised ribs broke. He must be one of those fragile ones lol

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

1 hour ago, ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin said:

There is no coincidence that there are 10 pins in bowling lane with a ball rolled at them.  The QB is the bowling ball which knocks the other pins down.

I have heard another comparison about a QB with pool balls with QB being the 8 ball.

Honestly I feel for Tua. Miami is screwing him royally, they’re doing exactly what they did to Tannehill and what the Jets did to Darnold. I guarantee if Tua leaves and becomes successful elsewhere then Miami may never recover. I mean 10 games isn’t enough at all to evaluate a QB, that’s like Beane and MCD making a final decision on Allen after year 1, a QB takes time to develop. 

10 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Honestly I feel for Tua. Miami is screwing him royally, they’re doing exactly what they did to Tannehill and what the Jets did to Darnold. I guarantee if Tua leaves and becomes successful elsewhere then Miami may never recover. I mean 10 games isn’t enough at all to evaluate a QB, that’s like Beane and MCD making a final decision on Allen after year 1, a QB takes time to develop. 

He just isn't that good.  He has nothing that really stands out as elite.

• Like (+1) 1

Well I mean even though they didn't get any points, I believe their back up QB JB looked better than Tua. Just seemed like he moved the ball better than Tua. He will be getting time with the 1's now so their Offense might be better imo. I don't know, that's my 2 cents.

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

3 hours ago, Big Turk said:

He just isn't that good.  He has nothing that really stands out as elite.

I disagree, the talent is there and minus the INT he played really well against the cheats and beat them in their home turf. The problem lies in the franchise and fans being impatient and the coaching staff being incompetent and expecting him to be someone he can’t. Every QB Miami has drafted they expected him to play like Marino right off the gate and that’s unfair expectations to put on a young QB. Even though I believe Allen is better than Kelly it would’ve been unfair and irresponsible  for McD and company to expect Allen to play at a Kelly type of level right off the bat. Buffalo did exactly what Miami should be doing with Tua. And that’s Developing him and continuing to build around him, Miami’s bumbling fool of a HC has failed to hire a proper OC to help develop Tua. They have failed to build an O line to protect and buy him time. They failed on getting a number 1 WR for him to throw to, they failed to give him a Running game. This is exactly why Tannehill didn’t work out in Miami. It really wasn’t his fault, it was the organizations fault for not putting a proper offense around him and giving him a proper HC. Now Tannehill is playing well since leaving Miami. Tell me what QB is going to be successful in Miami right now under the recent conditions that the team is in? 

Edited by BuffaloBills1998

7 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Don’t feel bad for Tua. They have quite a lot of talent on both sides of the ball.  He’s just not that good. 

8 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I disagree, the talent is there and minus the INT he played really well against the cheats and beat them in their home turf. The problem lies in the franchise and fans being impatient and the coaching staff being incompetent and expecting him to be someone he can’t. Every QB Miami has drafted they expected him to play like Marino right off the gate and that’s unfair expectations to put on a young QB. Even though I believe Allen is better than Kelly it would’ve been unfair and irresponsible  for McD and company to expect Allen to play at a Kelly type of level right off the bat. Buffalo did exactly what Miami should be doing with Tua. And that’s Developing him and continuing to build around him, Miami’s bumbling fool of a HC has failed to hire a proper OC to help develop Tua. They have failed to build an O line to protect and buy him time. They failed on getting a number 1 WR for him to throw to, they failed to give him a Running game. This is exactly why Tannehill didn’t work out in Miami. It really wasn’t his fault, it was the organizations fault for not putting a proper offense around him and giving him a proper HC. Now Tannehill is playing well since leaving Miami. Tell me what QB is going to be successful in Miami right now under the recent conditions that the team is in? 

Nah man...the dude doesn't have arm strength required to make anyone fear him striking deep. He is OK mobility wise but nothing special. His accuracy again is OK.

He is just meh. Maybe if they stack the team around him he can help them win a SB but he isn't ever going to be the reason they do.