9/12/2021 Steelers @ Bills Post Game thread

Chandler#81

1 hour ago, Drifter said:

The receivers had a lot of drops today. Defense played great' just wasn't happening  today.

To their defense. Allen was not throwing well today.  It looked like he forgot the fundamentals he has worked on the last 2 off seasons.

I expect we will bounce back next week.  If the offense looks this bad 3 weeks in a row, then I will vrgin to worry.

Edited by longtimebillsfan

8 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

Maybe Dion Dawkins should have done something to not end up in the hospital this summer which clearly and obviously has led him to not be ready to play the type of football he is capable of playing. He needs to sit until he's ready. He was Bobby Hart bad today.

Dude, that’s a top DL in the league.  It was last year, and it looks like they haven’t lost a step.

The whole OL got beaten like a drum.

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

No more obvious than it was after the AFCC game last year.  This unit picked up exactly where it left off......getting their genitals handed to them.

Yup.  Yet decide to keep things the same.  Lol@ Everyone talking smack about Daryl Williams manhandling Watt last year.  Boy did he look like a bum today.  

Was worried about the interior OL, the lack of talent @ TE and Levi/CB depth.  All were evident to me today.  Can’t recall running 1 2TE set other than sneaks.   The tackles may have been worse than the interior OL.  Daboll was too cocky and got too cute

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I’m here for the overreactions. 

Go watch the first half of Cleveland vs KC and comeback and tell us how you feel about this team? We did nothing different than last year which looked inadequate once we got into the playoffs. Tell us all how we have improved this year?

2 hours later, I'm really good w/ this. I tend to rationalize everything - but there might be more good that comes out of this than bad.

The bad - we lost, and are 0-1.  That's pretty much it.

The good - a whole team realizes that they're not penciled in for the AFCCG yet.  They bought the hype, and IMMEDIATELY realize they have to earn it. The coaches, as well. Daboll was treating that game like preseason.

I truly believe we may end up w/ a better record because of what happened today. It was the ultimate in wake-up calls.  No one is sleeping anymore.

2 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Couldn’t agree with you more. I don’t want to overreact, but after watching the first half of Cleveland KC, we are in no better shape to get to the SB than last year, we treaded water, got a year older. How disappointing. This team is not set up fir a Super Biwl run. Good defenses or bad weather Or Daboll can shut this offense down at will. And our defense isn’t good enough to control or win a game on a regular basis. Oh we’ll have our occasional offensive blow out against teams that can’t execute a 4 man rush, but that’s about it… Sad realization…

Honestly I came away with the opposite realization...our defense was horrendous last season and they looked more than competent today.  Allen single handedly carried the team last season...this game wouldve been an absolute blowout last year and we had a chance up until the blocked punt.  I'm assuming the passing game is a bit of rust though if Allen's last season was flukey then yea we could be in trouble 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Go watch the first half of Cleveland vs KC and comeback and tell us how you feel about this team? We did nothing different than last year which looked inadequate once we got into the playoffs. Tell us all how we have improved this year?

I just saw one game. One game. You apparently have watched the whole season and can see how this all turns out. Thank you so much for joining us here and enlightening us about how terrible this all ends. I’m gonna stop watching now.

Edited by MiltonWaddams

2 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Defensive line was historically awful last year and we went to the afc championship game.  They looked pretty good today that is a monumental difference compared to last season.  What should I be looking for in the kc/Cleveland game? I'm assuming you mean since Cleveland is winning we are worse than both Cleveland and kc? 

6 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

So Dion's 4 holding penalties weren't a problem? He looked ok to you?

I just scanned through the play by play on NFL.com and counted 4 holding penalties total - 2 on Dawkins, 1 on Morse, 1 on Williams.

They were all problems, especially given that the Pitt OL seemed able to hold, hands to the face, whatever, without penalty.

What part of “our entire OL got beaten like a drum” is reasonably translated to “Dawkins holding penalties weren’t a problem” in your unique intracranial processing?

1 minute ago, auburnbillsbacker said:

What person on here didn't watch the game?  Of course I did.  Are you blind?  If your eyes work you would have noticed the Bills looked better on offense and defense and penalties are what determined the winner.

Can't say I'm with you on that call.  Offense looked pretty bad and especially the passing game.  I'm leaning towards the play calling being the problem but Allen missed a few (he was getting hurried) and there were a number of drops.  All in all the defense looked fine, the offense looked off most of the day and the special teams ultimately lost the game.  The refs had a few close possibly bad calls but I certainly wouldn't say they decided anything.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Did anyone notice Cody Ford today? I guess that's a good thing that no one pointed anything out about him. 

He wasn't good just like the entire oline.

Feliciano is complete trash as well but I guess it don't matter because he's a 'fan favorite'.