Tyrod Taylor named Texans starting QB vs. Jags Week 1

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

No idea why Tyrod gets so much hate around here. Just because he wasn’t a game changing franchise QB doesn’t mean he deserves scorn for ending a massive playoff drought.

Didn't he insinuate that  race was the reason why the Bills tried, and then did, move-on from him?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doc said:

That's why I was asking.  I'm positive I remember hearing something along those line.

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

Didn't he insinuate that  race was the reason why the Bills tried, and then did, move-on from him?

Not really, he said Black Qbs are judged more harshly than their white counterparts. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

Thank you. Yeah I wouldn’t say he was right about that when he said it, but it certainly was historically true in the league.

I felt bad for him because both things can be true at the same time: black QBs are held to a different standard AND also he was terrible.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, maddenboy said:

I wonder if this means the Texans are going to subtly, but surely, Tank for the #1 overall pick. 

-New coach this year so he wont have to worry about job security

-New coach wants to pick his own QB.

-AFC is stacked anyway, so there's a built in excuse

-Proof will be how zestily they play against Jacksonville, their main competition (but I'm sure Meyer wants to win NOW).  Betta watch Detroit and Jests, too.

Even before he got to Buffalo, Tyrod Taylor always struck me as a guy who, in college, planned to be a career backup QB for as long as possible.  Came into the league with that strategy.  Take no risks at all.  (Appear to be, at least) be a great locker-room guy.  Always remember to tell the media you want to be the starter, even though you dont want injury to mar your gravy-train chosen career.

So, I dont respect Tyrod, since he's not about football or winning, IMO.

Imagine not ever playing football and having imaginations about a guy that you think doesn't want to win , but has dedicated his entire life to winning football games. Nerd

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

• Hapless Bills Fan changed the title to Tyrod Taylor named Texans starting QB vs. Jags Week 1