John Brown requested a release from the Raiders

CNY315

1 hour ago, The Dean said:

I wish Brown well. He was a good player, and teammate, while on the Bills.

I would agree. Had a nice TD dance as well.
after the injury he never got "it" back
Man could get over the top of most defenses

wish him the best :)

11 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Trufant??

Crossed my mind

Couple Vet corners released on the back end of career.

1 hour ago, FFadpecr said:

Josh Allen's Top 3 WRs in 2019:

#1 WR - John Brown. Can't even make the Raiders roster 2 years later! (pathetic)

#2 WR - Cole Beasley. UDFA slot-only complementary receiver.

#3 WR - He didn't even have one! His #3 receiving option was rookie TE Dawson Knox, who was downright brutal. 

^^^Bottom 5 weapons around Josh in 2019. 

Josh Allen's 2019 season is under-appreciated by the ignorant, false-narrative-creating media. He dragged a bottom-tier supporting cast to double-digit wins and the playoffs. Josh Allen's peers even ranked him #87 on the NFL Top 100 after 2019 - the guys who faced Allen recognized that he was clearly a good QB after his 2nd year, putting him in the Top 100. The narrative that JA was "bad" his 1st 2 years is the dumbest, laziest, most ignorant take that the lying media keeps pushing. They act like that garbage take/narrative is true when it clearly and factually is not.. 

There is so much truth in Bolded.

Even in 2018 when being as raw as he was and tossed into one of the worst O-lines and WR corps I ever seen, you could clearly see the insane raw skills there. He improved a ton in 2019 with a completely revamped O-line and WR corp. The media clowns just will not admit they were wrong so they say his 1st 2 season were horrible and disregard he is why we made the playoffs that year. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

Can he play Tight End ?

If he bulks up a bit…

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

32 X 3 = 96.  So you're saying that John Brown is not good enough to be a #3 on any NFL team?  We're just going to vehemently disagree on that.

My bad. I was thinking top 100 players. 

But now that I think about it in that context, Brown MIGHT be a top 100 WR. But I don't think he is a top 75 WR. MAYBE he is a #3 WR in this league at this point.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, The Dean said:

My bad. I was thinking top 100 players. 

But now that I think about it in that context, Brown MIGHT be a top 100 WR. But I don't think he is a top 75 WR. MAYBE he is a #3 WR in this league at this point.

We're close.  I think he is a 3 right now, but a slot guy that can stretch the field when healthy, and can play #2 in a pinch here and there.  He's a pretty versatile receiver, but he's got to be healthy.

25 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He’d be a great fit in KC or GB imo.  Colts and Falcons could really use him.  

I’d prefer him in the NFC, to be honest. If he’s healthy, he can seriously hurt you. Especially against a “depth CB”.  

He gets downgraded for not being “available”, but I don’t want us to have to cover him when healthy in the playoffs. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Question… do veterans have offsets in their contracts like rookie deals do?  Kinda crazy the Raiders guaranteed him $3.2m and are gonna just let him walk without taking a regular season snap.  Makes more sense if the $3.2m can be offset by whatever he signs for with his next team.  If there are no offsets and he’s willing to play for under $2m this year, I’d bring him back to Bills and thank the raiders.  

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, NewEra said:

He’d be a great fit in KC or GB imo.  Colts and Falcons could really use him.  

Every team you mentioned would absolutely improve by adding John Brown.

I hope it’s not KC. They already have enough weapons to defend. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1