John Brown requested a release from the Raiders

CNY315

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Then I think it's "on you" to name 100+ WR in the league who are better

Last year John Brown YPG - 49; Y/Tgt 43; drop % tied for 68; no fumbles

You must have missed where I said I read it as "top 100 players", not WRs.  I also said, neither may not be top 75, WR though. And I have no more need to name them than the person who made the claim. The Bills may have four WRs better. I'm certain some teams have 3 as well.   Don't get me wrong, Brown was very good here. He should help a WR needy team.

18 minutes ago, The Dean said:

You must have missed where I said I read it as "top 100 players", not WRs.  I also said, neither may not be top 75, WR though. And I have no more need to name them than the person who made the claim. The Bills may have four WRs better. I'm certain some teams have 3 as well.   Don't get me wrong, Brown was very good here. He should help a WR needy team.

You're right, I must have missed that, considering that the post to which you were responding clearly said "top 100 WR"

If that's not your claim, you might have made it clearer in your post.  I wouldn't argue with "not top 100 players"

Top 75 though?  Look, I quoted some important WR metrics which everyone can easily find that had him 40s to 60s last year.  It's not some unsupported claim.  If you want to blow those off and claim he's not as good as his numbers show, I think it's properly "on you" to make some sort of a case for it.

Now it's possible Smoke is washed, but he deserves his propers for his years with the Bills.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You're right, I must have missed that, considering that the post to which you were responding clearly said "top 100 WR"

If that's not your claim, you might have made it clearer in your post.  I wouldn't argue with "not top 100 players"

Top 75 though?  Look, I quoted some important WR metrics which everyone can easily find that had him 40s to 60s last year.  It's not some unsupported claim.  If you want to blow those off and claim he's not as good as his numbers show, I think it's properly "on you" to make some sort of a case for it.

Now it's possible Smoke is washed, but he deserves his propers for his years with the Bills.

I made it clear here

On 8/31/2021 at 9:07 PM, The Dean said:

My bad. I was thinking top 100 players. 

But now that I think about it in that context, Brown MIGHT be a top 100 WR. But I don't think he is a top 75 WR. MAYBE he is a #3 WR in this league at this point.

I think I have given him props for what he did as a Bill. Several times in several threads, including the one you just responded to.  Not sure what else I can say. 

And just to point it out, the poster who made the original claim seems to be pretty OK with my update:

On 8/31/2021 at 9:20 PM, Freddie's Dead said:

We're close.  I think he is a 3 right now, but a slot guy that can stretch the field when healthy, and can play #2 in a pinch here and there.  He's a pretty versatile receiver, but he's got to be healthy.

• Thank you (+1) 1